Portfolio mfcrox's 2015 Guernseys

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #176
Well it is neck and neck at the moment in regards to home games... but they've worn blue more in recent weeks, and they probably would have worn blue against Hawthorn too had they not worn the 1996 Roo.

Round 1 - White
Round 3 - White
Round 4 - Blue
Round 6 - White
Round 9 - Blue
Round 11 - Blue
Round 13 - 1996 Roo

They either need to wear white shorts at home (like Geelong has lately) or wear all blue at home. White guernsey and blue shorts is a mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM_Mitchell

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
White guernsey and blue shorts is one of the best looks in the league.
I can say this with 100% confidence, the blue kit will never become the home kit unless the AFL mandates all home kits to be dark.

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #178
White guernsey and blue shorts is one of the best looks in the league.
I can say this with 100% confidence, the blue kit will never become the home kit unless the AFL mandates all home kits to be dark.
Yeah, I dunno... it is a tricky one. I reckon it will eventually be mandated that one team wears their lighter kit and the other wears their darker kit (regardless of home or away).

If home team has a predominately white guernsey, then they wear white shorts at home; away team wears dark guernsey and shorts. Solves all issues then.

NM_Mitchell

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
I think we've shown by wearing the blue kit at home that it's not the case all the time.
We can wear blue shorts against Port, Brisbane, GC, GWS, Sydney, StK, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide, Hawks and Melbourne.

Also, Round 11 was Indigenous kit at home, not the clash kit.

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #180
2008 St Kilda clash jumper please haha.
2.5 year *BUMP*... here you go ;-)
St Kilda - 2008 Away-Clash.png

Been mucking around with the template lately... refined it, made some additions, and now the entire thing runs pretty much through Smart Objects so hardly any layer manipulation needed (I am self taught, so it took me a while to actually know that these exist). Anyway, will be uploading a few of these over the next few weeks. Here are a few that I have done/re-done:

St Kilda - 1999 Home.png

West Coast - 2000 Home.png

West Coast - 2000 Away-Clash.png

Hawthorn - 2015 Away-Clash.png

Collingwood - 2018 Away-Clash.png

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #185
Fitzroy - 1996 Home.png
Created an overlay which now includes front sleeves... again very little layer manipulation required when making this, the overlay and Smart Objects remove the 'mess'. Thinking of adding some new stuff too, but I will see how I go for time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #187
Started working on this one two years ago, finally decided to finish it. Two years ago I tried to find all the original photos used in the guernsey design (a couple of photos stumped me), and then I saved them in a document. Forgot about the file until this afternoon.

I have tried to cross-fade photos into each other like the original, and whilst not perfect I think it has come out okay. Massively challenging, but satisfying at the same time:
Greater Western Sydney - Round 12 2016.png

Last edited:

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #194
The final pieces of what I wanted to do (one file that can be used to easily replicate all eras. By easily I mean turning layers on/off is all you need to do). Included now is a button up collar, and baggier shorts from the 1910s-1960s timeline.

Fitzroy - 1928 Home Away.png

Top Bottom