Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he has yet. More likely he'll be given the chance to retire.
I reckon at only 28 about to be 29 he may give himself a chance somewhere else. Geelong could then trade him. Is that a possibility?

I don't think he has yet. More likely he'll be given the chance to retire.
He has already retired once before, he only retires when he wants to break contracts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen I liked Varcoe more than any Cats supporter but after that absolutely woeful PF performance against the Hawks where he got 9 touches, 1 mark, laid 1 tackle and bottled the shot to tie the game, his career was done here.

If poor prelim performances threaten careers at Geelong then Henderson, Stanley, Smith, Caddy, Mackie, Motlop, McCarthy etc had all better be very worried..

I understand those saying Varcoe was due for a change of environment, but for those saying he wouldn't be best 22 ahead of some of the guys I've mentioned and others, you're mad. Particularly for a side struggling with providing defensive pressure.

Vardy, Clark, Kersten all looking for the exit. Stanley failed as a forward although contributing well as a ruck-forward. Henderson only so-so, supposed to be able to play both ends but seems to be mainly a defender. Cats have really botched their forward line recruiting. Solid response for them to recognise this and chuck out the dead wood.

No interest in Clark at all (in football or general terms) . Kersten will be the interesting one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back