Recommitted Mitch Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

No laughing matter. If you've been reading this thread and the Kelly one I think the term used over and over again are that Geelong would be "stupid" to not trade two firsts for Darcy. In fact given how ruckmen are in demand it might need a little more.

It is a laughing matter two firsts for Sean darcy or a pick 5 is a laughing matter.

Seriously that type of ruckman isnt in demand anymore.

Let's forget geelong and freo literally played 15 games.

I would actually like to hear from any other club as to his value. I don't want him haha lumbering ruckman in the modern era that doesn't look like he goes forward well.

If you had a top 5 pick you would use it in the draft ALL DAY LONG over sean darcy.

I honestly think if you got somewhere in the 15-20 range that would be good shopping. I'm on record have zero interest in him and our ruck department is a disaster.

Liketo hear his value from other clubs perspective perhaps I haven't seen enough of him probably because he has played half a season in a bottom side

It is a laughing matter two firsts for Sean darcy or a pick 5 is a laughing matter.

I would actually like to hear from any other club as to his value. I don't want him haha lumbering ruckman in the modern era that doesn't look like he goes forward well.

If you had a top 5 pick you would use it in the draft ALL DAY LONG over sean darcy.

I honestly think if you got somewhere in the 15-20 range that would be good shopping. I'm on record have zero interest in him and our ruck department is a disaster.

Liketo hear his value from other clubs perspective perhaps I haven't seen enough of him probably because he has played half a season in a bottom side

I was actually being sarcastic.

Now you know how Geelong supporters have been sounding ;)

I was actually being sarcastic.

Now you know how Geelong supporters have been sounding ;)

Sarcasm doesn't work on this platform it gets me in trouble all the time. I got in an argument the other day with someone for suggesting 7 years wasn't a long period of time

Sorry .... but is there any reliable information that there is any chance Duncan is wanting or available as a trade option. Firstly he was a valuable player for Geelong this year particularly coming off half back and for his disposal skills. I understand he is very settled . So the the hypotheticals in this thread seem like a complete wank .

Sorry .... but is there any reliable information that there is any chance Duncan is wanting or available as a trade option. Firstly he was a valuable player for Geelong this year particularly coming off half back and for his disposal skills. I understand he is very settled . So the the hypotheticals in this thread seem like a complete wank .

One of your supporters started the rumour.

Seems like toss.

It's so highly unlikely just from a family perspective has just had a young child last year or very recently with that geelong girl demi I think. Has connections in Melbourne I honestly can't see him going to Perth I think he would stay down this way if geelong was entertaining a trade.

I know he is a Perth lad but he has been here since an 18 year old. Just can't see him leaving or asking to leave.

But you never know this is a "business" after all never take anything for granted I just don't see it. In saying all that I have no connections and know no one lol

One of your supporters started the rumour.

Seems like toss.

Yeah probably has a brother that knows mitch's cousin and her cousin is dating one of mitches best mates and his father told him Duncan was having a medical.

Or the young lad is spot on a young damien barrett in the making or hutchy lol

No team in the history of the world is tagging Neale ahead of Fyfe and teams don't tag to so get off the grass about free to run as opposed to Neale. Those stats are meaningless because Duncan doesn't play in the middle and would contest half as many stoppages. He has proven the ability to do both and would play that role if we needed him to. So as I said does everything Neale does as well but is more damaging with ball in hand!

Fyfe is one of best mids in the comp when up and running. If his body was more durable and he didn't pick up suspensions he could have 3 brownlows.

Duncan and neale are different players I find it difficult to compare them in terms of numbers.

Lachie is a hard running accumulator very good inside the contest and can break the lines with his running. A solid kick better around that 35-40m mark. And can be creative enough forward.

He is a very good player good age bracket proven with a tag as well genuine A grade mid. Disposal efficiency is good 75% averages about 280m a game. And 30 disposals

Mitch Duncan plays a bit on ball and on wing he spends a majority of his time back of centre though they look to get it in his hands to set up play averages about 480m a game and 26 disposals.

A more penetrating kick his disposal when he has time is probably his best asset considering half of geelong couldn't hit the backside of a barn this year.

Both very durable that's the similarity that i see which means you can play through a bit of duress and I like that about players.

Lachie neales numbers at a younger age are a bit better but it's all about that fit to a specific team.

If I was sending a guy to brisbane I would be very keen on lachie neale. If a Melbourne type club was looking they probably need a mitch Duncan type more than a contested accumulator.

Not sure who the overall better player is maybe neale no idea really I do know how valuable mitch Duncan is to geelong. Probably two blokes are good kicks and he is one of them

Interesting question I think it depends on the teams structure, But from my perspective I agree and think the time of the lumbering ruck is numbered.
Considering I think he’d be 4th in line at my club (even though our ruck stocks are average) and Beveridge just wouldn’t play a guy who can’t get around the ground and doesn’t have a great deal of versatility I wouldnt give anything.
On the other hand if you have a fast silky midfield like a gws or even a essendon you can probably hide his floors, those two sides may be prepared to give up late first.

Yep your ruck stocks are pathetic
Abbott a the only one of any use
You gotta flick smith and Stanley. Both creampuffs

You'll take darcy and be happy , your team lacks aggression around the pill and darcys a beauty
Certainly a low first round high second round
I think Duncan and a third round will get it done

Kelly's not worth much. Very overrated , dime a dozen player

He's not gonna win you much , darcy may
Won't play 150 games
Lots of problems/ disposal , tackling ,1 sided
Really overrated doubt he'd fit in our midfield
Duncan's a much better player
Sidey
Adams
Pendels
Treloer
Sier
Wells
ECt ect ect

Most over hyped player this year is kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why they only posted it yesterday. I'm sceptical of course
Because they have only found out about it then probably

He absolutely has not done a medical for Freo

Yep your ruck stocks are pathetic
Abbott a the only one of any use
You gotta flick smith and Stanley. Both creampuffs

You'll take darcy and be happy , your team lacks aggression around the pill and darcys a beauty
Certainly a low first round high second round
I think Duncan and a third round will get it done

Kelly's not worth much. Very overrated , dime a dozen player

He's not gonna win you much , darcy may
Won't play 150 games
Lots of problems/ disposal , tackling ,1 sided
Really overrated doubt he'd fit in our midfield
Duncan's a much better player
Sidey
Adams
Pendels
Treloer
Sier
Wells
ECt ect ect

Most over hyped player this year is kelly

Yes all Collingwood players are more betterer than other players. Run along now.

Yes all Collingwood players are more betterer than other players. Run along now.

Yeah right

Come back when your clubs record matches ours

Grand final wins

Grand final appearances is it now 1 in every 4 years

The handbaggers

Home ground advantage ( only 1 in comp)
Soft and full of hubris

Another quick exit

Yeah

I always find these sort of threads a bit weird. Duncan has played 180 games for the Cats and is contracted for another two seasons. Just doesn't fit the mould of a guy looking to return home. Not out of contract, not a FA, not a young player in a new state.

I look at him and see Redden, Shuey, Hurn, Schofield with us as guys who are long termers (not so much Redden but he chose to be here). You get the odd one like Gibbs who wants to move home with a young family after a long stint but it's pretty rare.

Injury free he is the best young ruckman in the league.
Bang and crash style like Mumford, but with with above average tap work.
Needs to get fitter but is good kick of the footy and can take a contested mark.
He is worth a top ten draft pick

Injury free he is the best young ruckman in the league.
Bang and crash style like Mumford, but with with above average tap work.
Needs to get fitter but is good kick of the footy and can take a contested mark.
He is worth a top ten draft pick

Possibly still not worth anywhere near a top 10 for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back