Recommitted Mitch Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha that is such a ridiculous way to measure someone's ability. I am so glad you have nothing to do with judging talent for geelong. Here is a novel idea why don't you judge him by his individual performance (23 and a goal a game) elite numbers. Rather than the subjective position he takes up in the midfield of a team that finished 8th. What if say he played in a team that had a fantastic midfield but no real functioning forward line ( oh wait that is us). Furthermore Chris Scott said he was our best mid in the second half of the year. He also has a proven ability to perform when it counts late in games. Geez some people make some strange arguments
"Journeyman"

I wouldn't be surprised if he was managed by Liam Pickering :D

Well Freo could've picked Kelly at 5 and Geelong could not have picked Cerra at 24. That should tell you something.

You should go and ask Brisbane or Essendon if they would trade Kelly for Hugh McCluggage or Andrew McGrath. You'll get a no from both.

Anyway there's a whole thread for inflating Kelly's value. This thread is for inflating Duncan's.

What does that tell me exactly, oh right so because he was a no.5 draft pick last season that's what he is worth today. O.k I see this is coming from a west coast supporter so now I understand don't worry you will have him soon lol. I will book mark my feed to see your comments when he comes across.

Pretty sure I said I don't know Kelly or cerras potential just yet. Although not scoring 1 single vote in the nab rising star and the other bloke winning best first year player by a landslide. By this logic I should go and offer tim Kelly for Stephenson he is the no.6 pick should have more luck

Think I will ask fremantle for a trade before Brisbane cheers

The stupidest thing Freo could do is trade Cerra now, even though he is building very well, he has lost some value during his rookie season. Why would they want to trade him now, as a sweetener???

Let's start with this was never a serious trade. Nobody is trading anyone mitch Duncan isnt leaving. Cerra is contracted I was making a trade of hypothetical value for the 0.1% or under you would look at deals for where both sides get something.

I attempted to align players I thought had similar value. Cerra and Kelly seemed similar considering this past season

Lachie Neale which is a major speculation of this trade hasn't even decided if he is staying or going that is the Crux of the whole notion of these trades

End of story nice rookie player

This trade will not happen but in the hypothetical situation brisbane gives fremantle pick 4 for lachie neale plus 22.

Fremantle Hold

Geelong trades Mitch Duncan, Tim Kelly & Pick 11

For

Adam Cerra, Pick 5, Pick 22

Would be a huge risk though because you would preferably want to land Max King. Or Ben King.

Then pick 22 may be a match for Bailey Scott if he nominated geelong.

I'm not an expert with the points but I assume we also want brownless ( F/S) and also Mensch ( F/ S ) so depending on the outlook of our other trades we would need to work that scenario.

So effectively Freo Lose

Neale & Cerra, 5, 22

Duncan & Kelly & pick 11

Geelong add

Cerra -
Pick 5 which your just hoping you land max king huge risk. With Goldcoast compensation yet to be announced for Lynch it may push the picks all back.

With Live trading coming in though I find this option interesting because if Max King is on the board at freos pick and they don't want him or perhaps someone slips. All of a sudden you can make moves with players actually available to draft.

As I said I probably don't make anyone happy with this trade geelong faithful will feel undervalued and freo possibly as well.

And I doubt this trade is possible but I would definately entertain moves like this Neale and Kelly both sound on the move. Looks like a duck sounds like a duck it's usually a duck.

So this kind of move keeps everybody ticking fremantle get quality players with upside geelong get youth. And freo don't have the worry of retention issues down the road with cerra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No source given, and nothing else about it online, but I wonder if we could say this gives the OP's claim some credence.

No source given, and nothing else about it online, but I wonder if we could say this gives the OP's claim some credence.

Lol the source is this thread

sorry to say but Sean is from Cobden one and half drive out of Geelong.

Being in Melbourne or Geelong wouldn't make much difference.
Lol

Would be surprised if you're right. If you want Sean though top 5 pick+ more. He's contracted and our ruckmen for the next decade.

Early Christmas this year is it, the only way we get pick 5 is if fremantle give it to geelong.

I thought my trade was bad now it's a top 5 pick for darcy plus more dreaming

Keep him surely nobody is giving up a top 10 for darcy league wide let alone a 5 plus.

:p
Early Christmas this year is it, the only way we get pick 5 is if fremantle give it to geelong.

I thought my trade was bad now it's a top 5 pick for darcy plus more dreaming

Keep him surely nobody is giving up a top 10 for darcy league wide let alone a 5 plus.
Someone has suggested a future second round pick for Duncan too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back