Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the rules around the state league players will be?

I guess we could take Lukosious and you can give us MM and pick 7.

Wouldn't that be a twist.

Not sure why this is so funny to you.

It means you miss out on a good draft pick. You'll end up with pick 20 or so and McGovern will get to his club of choice.
No..what it means is that Carlton have to get very creative if they want him..and by the reported salary offer they have put to him, it will look really bad if they reneg. Maybe you guys could bundle up your 2nd rounders and maybe something else to a club looking for points and get a mid 1st rounder and then pass that to us with your 2019 2nd and we will give you back a 2019 3rd rounder

Not sure why this is so funny to you.

It means you miss out on a good draft pick. You'll end up with pick 20 or so and McGovern will get to his club of choice.
giphy.gif

After the AFL announcement about no draft picks to Carlton, I could Just picture Justin Reid walking along rubbing his hands together. Murmuring under his breath Payback a Bitch SOS

Murmur under his breath? I'd go for something a little bigger personally...

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As ideal as that would be, he won't meet the requirements of being a "mature age state league" player.

Read the AFL page, doesnt mention mature aged players, just state league and they can be traded to other clubs for picks.

Would be interesting development if Lukosious could be snagged by CFC as a state league player.

Works for both our clubs. Crows give MM and 7 for Lukosious. I think both of us would see that as a win.

I think Carlton can still do it.

Carlton send Pick 24 and pick 25 to Essendon for pick 8
Adelaide pick 15 and pick 8 to Gold Coast for pick 3
McGovern and pick 15 to Carlton for pick 3

Pick 1 Sam Walsh
Pick 2 ?????
Pick 3 Jack Lukosius

2019 first round pick for Dylan Shilds

Before we go to hard on gloating, I think the wording of the AFL story is still worrying. It never mentions ‘mature players’ or gives an age limit, it merely refers to state league players.

Remember, the majority of draftees from vic clubs are from the TAC cup. The SA and WA lads often play in the state leagues. This might give GC and Carlton access to SA and WA draftees while protecting the Vic draftees.

Read the AFL page, doesnt mention mature aged players, just state league and they can be traded to other clubs for picks.

Would be interesting development if Lukosious could be snagged by CFC as a state league player.

Works for both our clubs. Crows give MM and 7 for Lukosious. I think both of us would see that as a win.
Not sure itll work that way, I suspect itll be former listed players.

Before we go to hard on gloating, I think the wording of the AFL story is still worrying. It never mentions ‘mature players’ or gives an age limit, it merely refers to state league players.

Remember, the majority of draftees from vic clubs are from the TAC cup. The SA and WA lads often play in the state leagues. This might give GC and Carlton access to SA and WA draftees while protecting the Vic draftees.
Which would be BS.

Nah it's a great result.

It forces them to cough up proper compensation for McGovern (not some pathetic mid-round pick or an end of first rounder), or he stays.

Either we get in the box seat to grab elite SA talent, or a highly valued contracted player stays at the club. The middle-ground option is removed.
He costs them something.

Not an AFL handout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wonder what the rules around the state league players will be?

I guess we could take Lukosious and you can give us MM and pick 7.

Wouldn't that be a twist.
Won't be under 18 players, it's mature age guys like Mitch Grigg that Carlton and Gold Coast can pre list and use in trades.

Giving pre draft access to Luko and Rankine would be a bigger advantage than two mid first round picks. Thr AFL aren't going to knock back priority picks only to give both clubs an even bigger advantage.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

I doubt this would be the case, 16 other clubs would tear down the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back