Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
New line-up for 2018

OUT - Mick Molloy
IN - Wil Anderson

Personally, I was much rather hoping to get Lawrence Mooney on there, I don't really like Anderson much.

Molloy is off to do a new nationwide drive show to run after The Rush Hour alongside Jane Kennedy.

Hmmm, I'm not a big listener, so it won't affect me much, but my impression of Anderson is that he rambles a lot when he thinks he's on a roll. Perhaps he's different in a full-time spot

I was gunna say that Molloy is sick of getting up too early -- and the station is sick of him sleeping in -- but it's more likely they want a rating boost in the late afternoon. Der, Captain Obvious :D

Wil Anderson is a very, very clever guy - much funnier live than when censored for TV.

I'm just not sure how he will fit into the football (and Hot Breakfast is 90% football) blokey, 'you, mate!', pub-like atmosphere that those type of shows aim for.

He'll bring a change to it for sure. Maybe good. If anyone could make it work with him, it would be Eddie - he's an excellent host.

Wil Anderson is a very, very clever guy - much funnier live than when censored for TV.

I'm just not sure how he will fit into the football (and Hot Breakfast is 90% football) blokey, 'you, mate!', pub-like atmosphere that those type of shows aim for.

He'll bring a change to it for sure. Maybe good. If anyone could make it work with him, it would be Eddie - he's an excellent host.

Wil will fit into the atmosphere just fine; if you have any doubts I just suggest you listen to his podcasts (TOFOP (w/Charlie Clausen, FOFOP (w/ guest speakers) or 2 Guys 1 Cup (Football based podcast with Charlie Clausen) or any of his appearances on Junk time AFL podcast--- that's really his best work; way better than even his stand up shows.

I doubt it will work, but it won't necessarily be Will Anderson's fault.

Mick Molloy was the key to that show. It was rubbish in the year or so before he came on board.

This is painful to listen to now.

Doubt Will Anderson will make it any better.

Spent one hour interviewing Paul Roos today. According to Roos, Jack Watts has won at least 10 games for Melbourne off his own boot. Seriously, * off.

Hmmm, I'm not a big listener, so it won't affect me much, but my impression of Anderson is that he rambles a lot when he thinks he's on a roll. Perhaps he's different in a full-time spot

I was gunna say that Molloy is sick of getting up too early -- and the station is sick of him sleeping in -- but it's more likely they want a rating boost in the late afternoon. Der, Captain Obvious :D
If they're expecting a ratings boost they're not going to get it with Molloy. He is the kiss of death if his career isn't being propped up by eddie or tony Martin.
Molloy is the biggest fraud in the media, his 'ohhhh got locked up again last night after getting thrown out of kittens' schtick is the most tired and unfunny thing on radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just too over the top. Especially when I'm driving to work at 7.30 still groggy and he's fighting tooth and nail to get someone anyone to laugh. I've heard he's meant to be an arrogant flog in real life too, which I can totally see.

Changed to AM radio earlier this year, surprised myself even. The few times i checked what was on The Hot Breakfast they either had a wankish hipster tryhard talking about something pop-culture related or Molloy complaining about Trump and the other white knights jumping on the left leaning bandwagon. They'd go on about how the world is becoming too politically correct then 5 minutes later start bagging someone like Bernard Tomic for saying something not politically correct o_O

Changed to AM radio earlier this year, surprised myself even. The few times i checked what was on The Hot Breakfast they either had a wankish hipster tryhard talking about something pop-culture related or Molloy complaining about Trump and the other white knights jumping on the left leaning bandwagon. They'd go on about how the world is becoming too politically correct then 5 minutes later start bagging someone like Bernard Tomic for saying something not politically correct o_O
Agreed, Molloy would piss me off when he'd shove his political opinion upon us, he'd turn off the fake drunk persona for 5 minutes and act like he'd know all when it came to what's wrong in the world.
Ed and Darcy lean left but they aren't as arrogant and pig headed as Molloy was.

Disagree actually I reckon they try to keep it pretty balanced actually. They have Rita Panahi on sometimes now, so you can't say they don't air right wing views

Spot on.

He wants to be the blokey, beer drinking, couch sitting, pizza eating, footy watching every-man, yet he always slips into his real persona of being an inner-city flog. Can't have it both ways.

I thought it was bizarre when the show actually went across to the USA for the election week. Here I was thinking that it was a Melbourne-based show with an AFL flavour, yet they spent a whole week overseas laughing at Trump and fellating Hillary. They went pretty quiet after Trump won, which was hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back