Media Mobbs Medal Predictor | Finals MVP time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 and now every team has played at least once, but which players have gone back-to-back in votes or is it a 12-way tie for first?

View attachment 1603211
Ever watch a qooty game where both teams sacrifice their individual game to play the team game? Because that's what happened during this match because while it was raining goals alongside the water, the calculations for the Mobbs Votes predictors were the lowest scores of the round. Fridge did enough though to get the 3 votes with 12 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees and a goal, which helped the Furies stay in the contest for most of the game with the help of JyeDye's 14 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 Free and 2 goals. However, it was The Filth Wizard's 5 goals (from 5 kicks and 1 Free) that saw the Warriors start their season with a win.​
This was another close game affected by the rain until the Roys came back from being goalless at the first break to kick 8 goals to 1 in the final quarter. The Roys dominant quarter was spearheaded by Zevon , who recorded 21 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 Free and 3 goals, and tigs2010, who got 19 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 Frees and 2 goals. I did say though that the game had been close for 3 quarters before the runaway result happened and newly crowned SFA Immortal Tarkyn_24 gave the Demons the hope of a first win with 13 disposals, 9 tackles, 1 Free and a goal nearly swinging the game Mount Buller's way.​
The Gumbies kept the Dragons out of arms reach of victory in this fine-weather game, it was as straightforward as a qooty game could be with the Gumbies winning every individual quarter as well. While the Dragons did have good quarters, making it a close contest some of the time, they were always bested by the opposition. Well, unless you were Pie 4 Life who gets the 3 votes despite the overall result with 25 disposals, 7 tackles, 5 Frees and a goal. For the winning side, DenieD (20 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees, 1 goal) and Brick Loosener (24 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 3 goals) were the ones that gave the Gumbies a smooth ride to victory.​
I think I would be remiss if I didn't call this the Game of the Week. The Bombers were almost always in front for the entire game but boy did the Bears keep them on their toes until the last siren. Electronic_Renaissance was a big contributor of that with 25 disposals, 12 tackles and 8 Frees. Too bad he wasn't able to get on the end of a goal for Las Vegas in such a tight game but it still earns him the Performance of the Week. For Baghdad, the likes of Dazjack (19 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 Frees, 2 goals) and Pugsley (20 disposals, 11 tackles, 1 Frees) ensured that it would be a win for the reigning premiers.​
Just a reminder, the Wonders were up 53 to 19 early in the second quarter before the Old Boys went 87 to 35 for the rest of the game. While it is good to start a game on such a strong note, 1 quarter doesn't make a game and Ophidian certainly made the most of the other 3. Mrs Turbo was on the front foot of the Ophidian comeback with 14 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals with Hoos in back-up getting 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 Frees and a goal. Cubs2Lions (21 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees) was deemed the best of the Wonders on a day where it seems many of his teammates went home early.​
Insert "How does it rain underground" joke here, and the Swamprats couldn't even make the most of the conditions. Gold City dominated the game from siren to siren, never letting up on the accelerator towards what ended up being the biggest win of the round. Cadsky joins ER in having back-to-back 3 vote games with 22 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees and a goal, getting votes along with CakeEater who got 14 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 Frees and a goal. Sin City did get 1 highlight though, in the form of edgie who took 19 disposals, 7 tackles and 3 Frees in what was a game to forget for the Swamprats.​
looks like I should go a 'Road trip' more often....

Round 2 and now every team has played at least once, but which players have gone back-to-back in votes or is it a 12-way tie for first?

View attachment 1603211
Ever watch a qooty game where both teams sacrifice their individual game to play the team game? Because that's what happened during this match because while it was raining goals alongside the water, the calculations for the Mobbs Votes predictors were the lowest scores of the round. Fridge did enough though to get the 3 votes with 12 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees and a goal, which helped the Furies stay in the contest for most of the game with the help of JyeDye's 14 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 Free and 2 goals. However, it was The Filth Wizard's 5 goals (from 5 kicks and 1 Free) that saw the Warriors start their season with a win.​
This was another close game affected by the rain until the Roys came back from being goalless at the first break to kick 8 goals to 1 in the final quarter. The Roys dominant quarter was spearheaded by Zevon , who recorded 21 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 Free and 3 goals, and tigs2010, who got 19 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 Frees and 2 goals. I did say though that the game had been close for 3 quarters before the runaway result happened and newly crowned SFA Immortal Tarkyn_24 gave the Demons the hope of a first win with 13 disposals, 9 tackles, 1 Free and a goal nearly swinging the game Mount Buller's way.​
The Gumbies kept the Dragons out of arms reach of victory in this fine-weather game, it was as straightforward as a qooty game could be with the Gumbies winning every individual quarter as well. While the Dragons did have good quarters, making it a close contest some of the time, they were always bested by the opposition. Well, unless you were Pie 4 Life who gets the 3 votes despite the overall result with 25 disposals, 7 tackles, 5 Frees and a goal. For the winning side, DenieD (20 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees, 1 goal) and Brick Loosener (24 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 3 goals) were the ones that gave the Gumbies a smooth ride to victory.​
I think I would be remiss if I didn't call this the Game of the Week. The Bombers were almost always in front for the entire game but boy did the Bears keep them on their toes until the last siren. Electronic_Renaissance was a big contributor of that with 25 disposals, 12 tackles and 8 Frees. Too bad he wasn't able to get on the end of a goal for Las Vegas in such a tight game but it still earns him the Performance of the Week. For Baghdad, the likes of Dazjack (19 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 Frees, 2 goals) and Pugsley (20 disposals, 11 tackles, 1 Frees) ensured that it would be a win for the reigning premiers.​
Just a reminder, the Wonders were up 53 to 19 early in the second quarter before the Old Boys went 87 to 35 for the rest of the game. While it is good to start a game on such a strong note, 1 quarter doesn't make a game and Ophidian certainly made the most of the other 3. Mrs Turbo was on the front foot of the Ophidian comeback with 14 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals with Hoos in back-up getting 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 Frees and a goal. Cubs2Lions (21 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees) was deemed the best of the Wonders on a day where it seems many of his teammates went home early.​
Insert "How does it rain underground" joke here, and the Swamprats couldn't even make the most of the conditions. Gold City dominated the game from siren to siren, never letting up on the accelerator towards what ended up being the biggest win of the round. Cadsky joins ER in having back-to-back 3 vote games with 22 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees and a goal, getting votes along with CakeEater who got 14 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 Frees and a goal. Sin City did get 1 highlight though, in the form of edgie who took 19 disposals, 7 tackles and 3 Frees in what was a game to forget for the Swamprats.​
I know I got 8 tackles, but I would be shocked if Barrybran missed out on votes (40 disposals, 12 marks and a goal)

Are you back?
im back keanu reeves GIF

Round 3
Round 3 and every team has now gotten on the board, but which player has managed to score in every round so far?

1676460670220.png
The Demons were so close to getting their first win of the season, if only the Old Boys hadn't kicked 8 goals to 2 in the last quarter, but you would've thought that if you looked at these votes. Despite going down by 4 goals, Tarkyn_24 's 34 disposals, 11 tackles, 1 Free, 2 goals were also calculated to be the Performance of the Round, with cartwright's 25 disposals, 10 tackles, 1 Free, 1 goal showing that they have the stats to show that the contest was actually close for 3 quarters. Suspended player kananooks was considered the best of Ophidian with 20 disposals, 8 tackles and 8 Frees, though the Old Boys will have to now look elsewhere for votes.​

1676460729425.png
On the other hand, the Dragons didn't have anyone make the votes this round, with the Bears having full control of the game from start to finish. With almost double the score, Las Vegas were right as rain in the rain as Cap amassed 23 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 Free and 2 goals to get the 3 votes (despite losing the ruck battle) with Bench player Rookiepick (7 kicks, 1 tackle, scoring 5 goals 2) beating Electronic_Renaissance 's (17 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 Frees, 2 goals) in the rankings, but that doesn't stop E_R to be the only player to get votes in the first 3 rounds. For those of you wondering, the best Dragon was HawkAussie.​

1676460765783.png
I'm calling this the Game of the Round, I had no idea who was going to win this until the Roys finally managed to keep the Gumbies at bay long enough for the siren to go. This was such a crazy game, so of course the votes were going to be rather even. There can only be one 3-vote getter though and tigs2010 with 9 disposals, 7 tackles and 7 Frees was deemed better than GWS Goose's 15 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 Frees, 2 goals. You could probably say that Mooch's 5 goals 3 from his 8 kicks (plus 1 mark and 1 Free) should be higher in such a close contest but I can't argue with the calculations. Actually I do but that's besides the point.​

1676460804723.png
Now for the boring game. With East Side kicking 6 goals to 1 in the first quarter and then just keeping the margin to that for the rest of the game, the Coney Island faithful had to hope for a miracle or wait for the inevitable to happen. The best player for the game was Itsmyshow who kicked 6 goals 2, exactly the final margin, from 8 kicks, 1 Free and 2 marks. The Warriors did get 1 person in the votes in Dinsdale who got 23 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 Frees and a goal in one of the few highlights for Coney Island. Rounding out the votes is sey666 who helped out Itsmyshow with 4 goals 1 with his 5 kicks, 1 mark and 1 tackle.​

1676460847639.png
The Royals were kicking quite accurately until that final quarter. Despite the fact that the score-line still looks great at the final siren, they'll be ruing those missed opportunities to get the win over the Furies. GreyCrow was one of the ones keeping Gold City in the battle with 24 disposals, 4 tackles, 2 Frees and 4 goals despite losing the ruck battle, plus there was Kapow!!! who had 29 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 5 Frees and 1 goal. The Furies did have someone in the votes considering that they did have the win, with JyeDye's 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 Frees and 2 goals helping Fighting get their first win on the board.​

1676460894756.png
The Bombers are now the last undefeated team for the Season 35, the Swamprats are one of 2 teams yet to have their first win. Sin City was also one kick away from both those statements not happening. Despite Baghdad getting to a 6-goal lead at the first break, the Swamprats made it a 3-point game at half-time with the game staying close until the end. Dominic03 and his 20 disposals, 8 tackles and 5 Frees were the bulk of the Swamprats comeback but the Bombers duo of kickthething (19 hitouts, 28 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 Frees, 1 goal) and Pugsley (20 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees, 2 goals) made sure that the reigning premiers started the new season in the best way possible.​

Over the last season, the field of stats-keeping has been dramatically changed thanks to the massive amounts of work that Hate has put into the sweetfa.plus site. It made the Extended Stats thread redundant, the Baz Stats can now be easily looked up without going through the entire Teamsheet Thread, which is now half its size now that we have the Match Summaries on the site.

However, one thing it didn't change is the confused looks from people when they get the highest DreamTeam score for a game but no Mobbs votes. All the posts of "Wait, I got such and such score for this game with this many disposals and kicks, how come I didn't get any Mobbs votes, this is clearly blah blah blah..." showing that people really do just look at the stat sheet and think that, because they did some numbers in a game, the Sim will suddenly like them. The Sim loves us all equally, as in we all have an equal chance of having our hopes dashed by whatever shenanigans that thing works up.

But you know what I haven't seen people do that I don't think will be up on Hate's site anytime soon? Actually trying to figure out a basic recreation of how the Sim calculates the Mobbs votes and do a roughly-accurate Mobbs Predictor. Now, I'm not going to pretend that I know how the Sim works it. I doubt I'll ever figure out how the Sim works out the Mobbs votes nor do I want to, I'll leave that stuff for people who are clearly smarter than me, but you don't need to be smart to make a predictor so here goes nothing.

As for a thread title, I guess...
View attachment 1599442
See, it's supposed to look like a clipping from an early 2000s newspaper.

So throughout the season, I'll go through every game and get a 3-2-1 out of the calculations, get a "winner" after 18 rounds and we'll see if I'm any good at being a "stats person" in this league. Theoretically, it should be close to the actual Mobbs Medal tally, but we won't find that out until Grand Final week.

Aside from that, I hope you enjoy!​
the mobbs medal obviously goes to the hottest player, its all about your look

TT model.jpg

Round 4
Okay, everyone has now played enough games and had enough opportunities to get in front so let's have a look at the votes.

1677108037531.png
Second week in a row of the Bombers continuing their unbeaten run over a winless team, second week in a row of the Demons getting so close of their first win. I don't know how Mount Buller have the lowest percentage with these close games, that Round 1 loss must still be killing them on the ladder. Back to talking about this game, Pugsley was deemed the best player (23 disposals, 10 tackles, 4 Frees) with teammate and ruckman kickthething also getting amongst votes (13 hitouts, 28 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 Free, 1 goal 2). Despite their position on the ladder, Tarkyn_24 continues rack up the votes for the Demons with 14 disposals, 8 tackles, 3 Frees and scoring 1 goal 1.​

1677108107440.png
In what was a game of two halves, the Dragons almost choked away the win against the Wonders despite being over 3 goals ahead either side of the half-time break. A great defensive play and a late goal put the result beyond doubt for the Dragons, with the votes reflecting the team game they played. West Coast takes the 3 and 2 votes with Grand Uncle Horace (18 disposals, 10 tackles, 1 goal 1) and Brenton Davy (28 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 Frees, 2 goals 3) helping the Wonders drag their way back into the contest. Pie 4 Life does however get the Dragons some votes with 25 disposals, 6 tackles and 1 Free.​

1677108154866.png
After what was promising to be a close contest at Quarter-Time, the Royals slowly put more and more distance between them and the Gumbies for the rest of the game to ensure an easy victory. Gold City can thank their midfield for their coasting win, with the Royals taking all the votes in the predictor. Cadsky even took out the Performance of the Week with 25 disposals, 8 tackles, 3 Frees and scoring 3 goals 1. CakeEater (33 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees, 2 goals 1) and ruckman GreyCrow (15 hitouts, 28 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 Frees, 1 goal 1) kept the Gumbies best player, Falconista, from ruining the Royal party.​

1677108310433.png
What happens when one team's Full-Forward gets kept out of the entire game? Well clearly the other team just runs over the top of them, which is what the Roys did with the Old Boys for the first 3 quarters before letting off the accelerator but Ophidian was having no end of trouble finding a new avenue for goals. Luckily Braklet stepped up in the Pocket kicking 4 goals 3 along with 14 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle and 3 Frees. Mooch's 6 goals 3 from 9 kicks (and 1 tackle) ended up being the difference between winning and losing for the Roys with Callums_Guns rounding out the votes with 23 disposals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 1 Free and scoring 3 goals 1.​

1677108370598.png
The Warriors were once again out of the contest by the first break and, like the Old Boys, only had 1 good quarter that made the end margin look closer than what the game actually was. It didn't stop the Bears from now having the biggest percentage in the comp, just waiting for the Bombers to slip up. Ruckman Cap got another Best-on-Ground with 14 hitouts, 29 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 Frees and scoring 3 goals 2. No E_R for the first time this season so Broken is the Bears second vote-getter with 3 goals 6 from 9 kicks, 3 tackles and 1 Free. Once again, Dinsdale is the sole Warrior getting 23 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 Free and 2 goals.​

1677108423595.png
A low-scoring affair in the mud, the Swamprats didn't even get on the board until after the first break. Doubling their score in the last quarter to give East Side a scare, Sin City is the 3rd team this week that only showed up after the last break to bring the margin back to "respectful". The team that did try for 3 quarters, the Phoenix, were heralded by MP_ who had 18 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 Free and 1 goal 1. The Swamprats did have 2 players make the votes unlike the previous 2 teams with ruckman GremioPower (9 hitouts, 12 disposals, 1 tackles, 1 Free, 3 goals) and Grav (18 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 Frees) giving Sin City something to smile about.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No another Mobbs Medal for you would make me happy

Watching my Kim Wilde lookalike co-worker makes me happy. Her boyfriend is punching well above. Top bloke though.

Round 5
Quarter way through Season 35, has anyone made it to double digits yet?

1677722393521.png
Not even accurate kicking in front of goal could keep the Wonders in the fight in this game as the Fighting Furies had quite the easy win after half-time. Despite the quarters won being split, the Furies obviously took advantage of the wind with a 50-point win with JyeDye getting Man of the Match honours with 22 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees and scoring 2 goals 2. Backed up with their straight shooter for the season, ShaunDuggan scored 5 goals 2 from 7 kicks, 3 marks and 1 tackle to keep West Coast out of the equation. The Wonders did have Cubs2Lions curbing the flow somewhat with 20 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 Frees and 1 goal.​

1677722426144.png

The Ophidian Old Boys destroyed the Phoenix in this game, just an absolute demolition from start to finish. Even with East Side winning the last quarter, they still had to fight for it despite scoring double their total during that quarter. However, the Phoenix have managed to get 2 players in the votes despite losing by 58 points. MP_ even got the 3 votes with 22 disposals, 8 tackles, 8 Frees and 1 goal with Itsmyshow scoring almost half the Phoenix score with 5 goals 3 from 8 kicks, 1 tackle and 1 Free. The Old Boys do get a mention in here through Ned_Flanders who recorded 19 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles and 5 goals.​

1677722514143.png
After having a good start to the game, the Roys almost took the win away from the Warriors. They even hit the lead at one point in the 3rd quarter. The game of qooty is played in 4 quarters, as the Roys keep saying, and 1 Warrior only needed the last quarter and a positional change with Purple7x08_24 scoring 5 goals 3 after the last change, singlehandedly getting Coney Island the win and finishing on 19 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 Frees and 9 goals 3. Snuffaluphagus got himself 13 disposals, 7 tackles, 2 Frees and 1 goal to get amongst it as well with tigs2010 having 12 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals to give the Roys some solace.​

1677722557474.png
Despite winning 3 of the 4 quarters in the match, the Gumbies had to make a comeback in the 4th in order to get the 4 premiership points as well. The scores were even tied for half of the last quarter and with 5 minutes to go in the game so Las Vegas willing be wondering how the defense fell apart so late in the game. The 3 votes was more clear cut and it was even the Performance of the Round, DenieD recorded a whopping 13 tackles in the game along with 24 disposals, 4 Frees and scoring 3 goals 1. For their troubles, the Bears came away with the rest of the votes with 4cunningTonneTruck (17 disposals, 1 mark, 9 tackles, 2 Frees, 1 goal 1) and ruckman kane249 (11 hitouts, 19 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 Frees, 2 goals) the reason why the game was close for so long.​

1677722584605.png
Talking about comebacks, the Royals were on their way to a cruising victory over the Dragons with a 5 goal lead at the last break. The Dragons, however, decided to they'd break what has to be a record and scored 6 goals 6 to Gold City's 1 to come away with a 5-point victory. DragoDelph was deemed the spearhead of this with 20 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals with ruckman strigoi's 18 hitouts, 15 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 Frees also very helpful in the successful comeback. The Royals were left with one thing to smile about as Smartys Power collected 6 goals 1 from 7 kicks in the part of the game before the Dragons decided to show up.​

1677722618062.png
Now the Match of the Round before we knew what the results were, who was gonna be the team to go 0-5. Well, despite keeping the Swamprats to no goals in the first quarter and having a 44-point margin at one stage, the Demons couldn't keep up with Sin City in the end and took the title of "absolute last". Mount Buller also had a point-less 3rd quarter which got the Swamprats back in the game, a lot of missed oppotunities for the Demons as of late. ant555 was best on the field with 27 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees and 3 goals plus ruckman GremioPower getting 2nd place with 19 hitouts, 39 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 Frees and 1 goal 2. Mount Buller still had 1 player make the votes with rookie cartwright getting in with 26 disposals, 9 tackles, 3 Frees and 1 goal.​

Quarter way through Season 35, has anyone made it to double digits yet?

View attachment 1619239
Not even accurate kicking in front of goal could keep the Wonders in the fight in this game as the Fighting Furies had quite the easy win after half-time. Despite the quarters won being split, the Furies obviously took advantage of the wind with a 50-point win with JyeDye getting Man of the Match honours with 22 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Frees and scoring 2 goals 2. Backed up with their straight shooter for the season, ShaunDuggan scored 5 goals 2 from 7 kicks, 3 marks and 1 tackle to keep West Coast out of the equation. The Wonders did have Cubs2Lions curbing the flow somewhat with 20 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 Frees and 1 goal.​

The Ophidian Old Boys destroyed the Phoenix in this game, just an absolute demolition from start to finish. Even with East Side winning the last quarter, they still had to fight for it despite scoring double their total during that quarter. However, the Phoenix have managed to get 2 players in the votes despite losing by 58 points. MP_ even got the 3 votes with 22 disposals, 8 tackles, 8 Frees and 1 goal with Itsmyshow scoring almost half the Phoenix score with 5 goals 3 from 8 kicks, 1 tackle and 1 Free. The Old Boys do get a mention in here through Ned_Flanders who recorded 19 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles and 5 goals.​
After having a good start to the game, the Roys almost took the win away from the Warriors. They even hit the lead at one point in the 3rd quarter. The game of qooty is played in 4 quarters, as the Roys keep saying, and 1 Warrior only needed the last quarter and a positional change with Purple7x08_24 scoring 5 goals 3 after the last change, singlehandedly getting Coney Island the win and finishing on 19 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 Frees and 9 goals 3. Snuffaluphagus got himself 13 disposals, 7 tackles, 2 Frees and 1 goal to get amongst it as well with tigs2010 having 12 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals to give the Roys some solace.​
Despite winning 3 of the 4 quarters in the match, the Gumbies had to make a comeback in the 4th in order to get the 4 premiership points as well. The scores were even tied for half of the last quarter and with 5 minutes to go in the game so Las Vegas willing be wondering how the defense fell apart so late in the game. The 3 votes was more clear cut and it was even the Performance of the Round, DenieD recorded a whopping 13 tackles in the game along with 24 disposals, 4 Frees and scoring 3 goals 1. For their troubles, the Bears came away with the rest of the votes with 4cunningTonneTruck (17 disposals, 1 mark, 9 tackles, 2 Frees, 1 goal 1) and ruckman kane249 (11 hitouts, 19 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 Frees, 2 goals) the reason why the game was close for so long.​
Talking about comebacks, the Royals were on their way to a cruising victory over the Dragons with a 5 goal lead at the last break. The Dragons, however, decided to they'd break what has to be a record and scored 6 goals 6 to Gold City's 1 to come away with a 5-point victory. DragoDelph was deemed the spearhead of this with 20 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 Frees and 2 goals with ruckman strigoi's 18 hitouts, 15 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 Frees also very helpful in the successful comeback. The Royals were left with one thing to smile about as Smartys Power collected 6 goals 1 from 7 kicks in the part of the game before the Dragons decided to show up.​
Now the Match of the Round before we knew what the results were, who was gonna be the team to go 0-5. Well, despite keeping the Swamprats to no goals in the first quarter and having a 44-point margin at one stage, the Demons couldn't keep up with Sin City in the end and took the title of "absolute last". Mount Buller also had a point-less 3rd quarter which got the Swamprats back in the game, a lot of missed oppotunities for the Demons as of late. ant555 was best on the field with 27 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Frees and 3 goals plus ruckman GremioPower getting 2nd place with 19 hitouts, 39 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 Frees and 1 goal 2. Mount Buller still had 1 player make the votes with rookie cartwright getting in with 26 disposals, 9 tackles, 3 Frees and 1 goal.​
These should be the new badges.

Round 6
With a third of the season done, who came out with the best games of Week 6? Well, firstly...

1678352547669.png
The Dragons and Furies were going toe-to-toe for the first half of their game, with scores level at the first break and the Dragons with a single point lead at Half-Time. However the game won't be remembered for that, it will only be remembered for the Dragons scoring just 6 behinds for the second half of the match. Despite the dismal effort in front of goal after the Main Break, Blaze Storm still got the 3 votes with 22 disposals, 9 tackles, 4 Frees and scoring 1 goal 1 as well as DragoDelph getting some of the votes with his effort of 13 disposals and 11 tackles. Furies ruckman NaturalDisaster, along with the win, got the last vote with 14 hitouts, 25 disposals, 4 tackles and 2 goals.​

1678351411358.png
As if going up against the last undefeated team of the season wasn't daunting enough, before the match the Phoenix had received the first 4-point penalty of the season. This meant East Side had to win just to undo the damage they had received, but winning by 79 points was a little overkill. The Blue Weirdo was calculated to be the main part of this upset win with 26 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 2 Frees and 4 goals with Jack The Godfather not too far behind with 28 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles and 4 goals 2. Sun Ra gave Baghdad something to smile about though, getting 16 disposals, 11 tackles, 2 Frees and 1 goal, which was the Bomber's 3rd last goal late in the 2nd quarter.​

1678351440722.png
In what was an arm-wrestle in the mud, the Roys won a tight contest even though the match report shows that they were in front at every break. While Sin City was able to hit the front at various stages of the game, they were continuously playing catch-up for the entire match and couldn't get a lead when it mattered. tigs2010 was the best of the winners with 25 disposals, 5 tackles, 3 Frees and scoring 2 goals 2 with Allikat also helping the Roys hold the Swamprats off with 21 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 1 Free and 1 goal. The reason why the Swamprats were even in the contest was with okeydoke7 kicking 6 goals 3 from 9 kicks, 1 tackle and 1 Free to keep them within arm's reach.​

1678351473706.png
From one team who almost had a comeback, to a team that had an almighty comeback. The Warriors were behind at the first break by 28 points and were at that margin again early in the 3rd. So it was a quite the surprise when Coney Island not only got within a point at the final break but managed to stay in front for the last quarter. FootyGuy13 with his 5th goal sealed the win for the Warriors, which got him Best-on-Ground honours along with his 24 disposals and 6 marks. For the Royals, Kapow!!! was the best with 18 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 Free and scoring 2 goals 1 while nahnah got 5 goals for themselves from 5 kicks and 2 tackles.​

1678351504113.png
A rather straightforward match, the Bears kept the Old Boys within reach but never at a distance that made them a problem. A cruisy 5-goal win in warm conditions to the Bears was all Electronic_Renaissance needed to be the first person to have the Performance of the Week for a second time this season. E_R recorded 21 disposals, 15 tackles, 1 Free and scored 1 goal 1 to also be the first person to hit double-digits in the votes. Robertio also came away with votes with 27 disposals, 9 marks, 4 tackles and 3 goals while Millky95's 22 disposals, 6 tackles and 5 Frees were also helpful for Las Vegas to climb the ladder to first place.​

1678351530389.png
In what was yet another dominant display of the round, the Wonders came out of the blocks early and got to a 56-point lead at Half-Time. While West Coast only won the 2nd half by 8 points, winning every quarter is still quite the achievement after having the game sown up so early and letting go of the accelerator. Frothies Mcveigh got the 3 votes for his role in the game, scoring 6 goals 3 from 9 kicks, 1 mark and 2 tackles. Ruckman damicky was also a key factor with 11 hitouts, 21 disposals, 1 mark, 5 tackles, 5 Frees and 2 goals with Cubs2Lions making it a clean sweep with 19 disposals, 8 tackles and 3 Frees getting him the last vote over the Gumbies best player, GWS Goose.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back