Media Mobbs Medal Predictor | Finals MVP time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals Week 2
The Final 6 became the Final 4, and while the Qualifying winners got the week off, we had bounce-backs and straight set exits in the Semi-Final games.

1686813621444.png
The second verse started the same as the first when the Warriors were once again staring at overcoming a massive margin at the Quarter-Time break, this time with the Bombers in the commanding position. However lessons must have been learned from the week prior and, after the Half-Time break, Coney Island started their assault and kept Baghdad to a goalless 3rd term. While this saw the Warriors get into a bit of a lead, the Bombers were still threatening to run away with the win with 4 minutes remaining. Too bad Coney Island didn't score any behinds in the last quarter as 2 late goals saw the Warriors make the most of their second chance, though the end result wasn't enough to displace kickthething from being Best-on-Ground with 13 hit-outs, 18 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 Free and scoring 2 goals 1. For the Warriors it was Deja Vu in the votes with Tonga Bob (14 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 Frees, 1 goal 1) and pantskyle (3 hit-outs, 15 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 Free, 3 goals) continuing their form, this time in a win.​

1686813660266.png
This game didn't need a team coming from behind to make it a close contest, both teams shared moments to pile on the goals as the margin stayed close right through to the match. The second quarter saw the Furies use their burst of momentum to be in the lead over the next 2 quarters and was still managing to get in front even after the Old Boys got 13 points in front. Whether this effort took the energy out of the Furies outfit or not, Ophidian scored the 2 crucial goals in the last 4 minutes to score an upset win with Fleabane not only scoring the goal that got the Old Boys the lead but also the Performance of the Week, getting a total of 15 disposals, 10 tackles, 2 Frees and scoring 2 goals 1. The Furies finished their season on a strong note though, with both James Colorado (25 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 Frees) and crazywildhorse (21 disposals, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 1 Free, 3 goals) getting into the votes.​

Finals Week 3
It's down to 2 teams and 1 game. Let's see what happened in the Preliminary Finals that saw West Coast and Ophidian make the Season 35 Grand Final.

1687425157418.png
How many leads can be blown within 1 game of qooty? It ended up being 3 as the Royals and Old Boys fought it out to see who could play the worst defensive game of the year with Ophidian being lucky enough to be the team in front at the final siren. First, it was Gold City blowing an 18-point lead halfway through the first quarter, with the Old Boys getting 20 in front close to Half-Time. The 3rd quarter saw both teams hold 23+ point margins with Ophidian spending the last 8 minutes of the game trying to not throw away their chance to get to the team's first Grand Final. Of the players in the match that could hold onto the ball, CakeEater was the Performance of the Round with 18 disposals, 10 tackles, 3 Frees and 2 goals 2. Old Boys Elton Johns Wig (15 hit-outs, 18 disposals, 10 tackles, 2 Frees, 1 goal) and Fleabane (18 disposals, 9 tackles, 1 Free, 1 goal) had some good form going into the Grand Final as Ophidian goes for a maiden premiership.​

1687425206240.png
The Warriors will be kicking themselves for once again being asleep at the start of a finals match, except this time it had some consequences. With the second chance used up and the comeback falling short, the Wonders ended the minor premiers' season and now have a chance to win the premiership and break a 14-season drought. Coney Island was being threatened with a blow-out with the margin getting to 55 points close to the Half-Time break but a 6-goal to 2 3rd quarter saw some fans believe the dream of a first Grand Final was still alive. However, the Warriors never got within 3 goals of the lead and didn't make the votes as Grand Uncle Horace got the 3-votes with his 18 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 Free, 2 goals 1 game and was backed up by the likes of Frothies Mcveigh (3 goals 2 from 5 kicks and 2 tackles) and HARPSichord (25 disposals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals).​

Now there's only 1 game remaining with all to play for. Let's have a look at who can win the Finals MVP out of the Wonders and the Old Boys.
1687426225552.png

With votes from the Grand Final getting the 1.5 multiplier, whoever is deemed Best-on-Ground will get 4.5 votes, with the 3 votes going to 2nd place. This means that only those who already have votes in the bank can win from here. Should they read this, they now know what is required of them and it's all down to this to determine who will be the Finals MVP.​

Grand Final
The season is now fully won and done so it's time to see who was the best during both the finals and the Grand Final

1688078414781.png
For 3 quarters of the game, the story stayed the same. The Wonders would build a lead, the Old Boys would get back to within a goal, and over and over West Coast would make Ophidian play catch-up in a game to see who had the energy to play all 4 quarters as the rain came pouring down. The answer to that question came late in the last quarter when Elton Johns Wig kicked what would be the winning goal and the Old Boys' biggest lead for the whole game. croweater 41 got the Wonders within winning distance and it became a mad dash to see which 50-metre arc the ball would be locked in. After a tight tussle reminiscent of the whole game, Ophidian got the ball down their end after a couple of West Coast errors to secure the win and their inaugural Premiership which I can't believe they got so quickly. Both EJW and croweater got into the Mobbs Predictor votes alongside getting the last 2 goals of Season 35; EJW's 14 hit-outs, 16 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle and 1 goal and croweater's 4 goals from 4 kicks, 1 mark, 1 tackle and 1 Free enough to beat most players in the game. However, there was one person whose stats outshone all others with Fleabane getting the 4 and a half votes with 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 Free and scoring 2 goals 1 being enough to jump to first on the Finals Leader-Board.​

1688082901993.png

Thank You if you have followed along with this for this long, I am surprised no one has complained about me posting absolute drivel for the entire season, congrats to both Fridge and Fleabane for taking out the awards and I guess this has been popular enough that this will probably happen again next season.

Until then, I suppose I'll se you around.​

The season is now fully won and done so it's time to see who was the best during both the finals and the Grand Final

View attachment 1725328
For 3 quarters of the game, the story stayed the same. The Wonders would build a lead, the Old Boys would get back to within a goal, and over and over West Coast would make Ophidian play catch-up in a game to see who had the energy to play all 4 quarters as the rain came pouring down. The answer to that question came late in the last quarter when Elton Johns Wig kicked what would be the winning goal and the Old Boys' biggest lead for the whole game. croweater 41 got the Wonders within winning distance and it became a mad dash to see which 50-metre arc the ball would be locked in. After a tight tussle reminiscent of the whole game, Ophidian got the ball down their end after a couple of West Coast errors to secure the win and their inaugural Premiership which I can't believe they got so quickly. Both EJW and croweater got into the Mobbs Predictor votes alongside getting the last 2 goals of Season 35; EJW's 14 hit-outs, 16 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle and 1 goal and croweater's 4 goals from 4 kicks, 1 mark, 1 tackle and 1 Free enough to beat most players in the game. However, there was one person whose stats outshone all others with Fleabane getting the 4 and a half votes with 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 Free and scoring 2 goals 1 being enough to jump to first on the Finals Leader-Board.​

View attachment 1725355

Thank You if you have followed along with this for this long, I am surprised no one has complained about me posting absolute drivel for the entire season, congrats to both Fridge and Fleabane for taking out the awards and I guess this has been popular enough that this will probably happen again next season.

Until then, I suppose I'll see you around.​
buscemi 120.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back