Event SEASON 36 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL COUNT - START 6:15PM AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Write-ups Round 6-8 by Grand Uncle Horace

Season 36 Round 6

The Baghdad Bombers 15 12 102 lost to East Side Phoenix 19 12 126.

In a close and entertaining game the Phoenix kicked away in Q4 to take the win. The opposing spearheads both had great games. Bomber tyro gab213 kicked 5, while Phoenix veteran Itsmyshow slotted 7 goals. For the winners, the co skips thewizardmelon 26 possessions and a whopping 16 tackles and experienced ruck por_please_ya 24 possessions and 18 hit outs dominated while Jhye Clark 13 with 31 disposals and 8 marks had a day out. For the Bombers, none were more impressive than Pugsley with 28 disposals and norway blue with 26 possies and 3 goals.

p.png

Fighting Furies 20 13 133 defeated Dragons FFC 14 6 90

The Furies showed their potential with a decisive win over the Dragons. For the winners, Frothies Mcveigh with 28 possessions and 7 tackles, Bovo 26 possessions had standout games while Feraligatr with 23 possessions and 2 goals was a major contributor. In a dirty day for the Dragons only Strigoi had a good day in the ruck with 16 Hit outs and 23 disposals though her opponent was NaturalDisaster .

p.png

Gumbies FFC 13 10 88 defeated the West Coast Wonders 9 9 63

The Gumbies had a cracking win over a disappointing Wonders. Their enigmatic forward Chat Pile slotted 5 goals while CatToTheFuture 25 possessions and veteran Barrybran 24 disposals glittered in an even team effort. For the disconsolate Wonders only HARPSichord with 3 goals and 19 disposals stood up on the day.

p.png

Las Vegas Bears 17 7 109 defeated the Ophidian Old Boys 10 6 66

The defending Premiers’ unhappy start to the season continued with a 43 point flogging at the Paws of the Bears. For the winners none were more impressive than Millky95 with 20 disposals, 10 tackles and 2 goals, while guero 26 disposals and even knucklehead Senor M 20 possessions and 7 tackles also stood out. For the OOBs, only ruckage aficionado U2tigers with 22 disposals and 2 goals turned up. In a bitter day for the OOBs haydo had just the one, albeit sparkling, possession.

p.png

Gold City Royals 14 6 90 lost to Coney Island Warriors 15 8 98

This was a terrific game throughout that could have gone either way. For the Warriors, quality efforts were turned in by skipper Tonga Bob 20 possessions and 8 tackles, forward TubbsFarquhar 4 goals, comp icon FootyGuy13 25 disposals and perennial Qump favourite Mofra who jagged 7 Frees some of which were even legit. For the Royals, hard shirtfronter Brenton Davy had 25 disposals, 8 marks and 3 frees against, mercurial forward grumbleguts snagged 5 majors and CakeEater had 22 possessions.

p.png

Sin City Swamprats 20 7 127 defeated Roys FFC 11 13 79

In a shock result Sin City gave the Roys a terrible beating. For the winners, Kennedy Parker was best on ground with 26 disposals, 2 goals and 15 hit outs. KP was well supported by ant555 29 possessions and BloodySwan 27 disposals and quality FF philreich 7 goals straight. okeydoke7 had a relatively great day with 1 goal. For the vanquished Roys, windyhill with 17 disposals and 3 snags had a day out.

p.png

S
So do my good stats mean less because I played against Natural Disaster? 🤨🤔

Wet paper bags > The Drags (and Mitch the Mere Marsh)
Have as much of a crack at the Dragons as your heart desires Gramps. You start slandering The Bison though and we will throw hands.

Have as much of a crack at the Dragons as your heart desires Gramps. You start slandering The Bison though and we will throw hands.
Bobbo I’ve been trying to remember that thing you said a while ago that made me laugh. What was it?

Bobbo I’ve been trying to remember that thing you said a while ago that made me laugh. What was it?
You'll need to be a bit more specific.

Oh yeah that's right. That was hilarious aye?

You'll need to be a bit more specific.

Oh yeah that's right. That was hilarious aye?
It can’t be that hard, it’s not like a common occurrence. THINK.

I even put it in my sig at the time.

It can’t be that hard, it’s not like a common occurrence. THINK.

I even put it in my sig at the time.
You put it in your sig? Oh then that wasn't me, I'm not that clever.

You put it in your sig? Oh then that wasn't me, I'm not that clever.
I know that’s why I had to save it. Something in here triggered a memory, fighting, duels, knives, swords???

I know that’s why I had to save it. Something in here triggered a memory, fighting, duels, knives, swords???
OK so trace your steps back from whatever the trigger was until you get to the thing I said.

Or check the back of the fridge.

Worst experienced number 6 in the history of Test Cricket averaging circa 27 with the bat and over 40 with the ball. Batting average is inflated with 2 tons on the WA autobahn and an MCG highway where even a retired Ali Cook scored a double.

There have been plenty of duds (mainly from NSW) gifted long careers. None approach the uselessness of “Mere” Marsh, the worst case of nepotism in the history of Oz sport.

Worst experienced number 6 in the history of Test Cricket averaging circa 27 with the bat and over 40 with the ball. Batting average is inflated with 2 tons on the WA autobahn and an MCG highway where even a retired Ali Cook scored a double.

There have been plenty of duds (mainly from NSW) gifted long careers. None approach the uselessness of “Mere” Marsh, the worst case of nepotism in the history of Oz sport.
Setting aside that this is a weird ass place for this discussion.

The issue with aussie cricket right now, is that there is no one else. That's not Marsh's fault that he's better than whoever else is left.

RankRookieVotesWell-known posters in this EKA placing
1​
@Gralin (DEM)
28​
@Wosh @brahj @serial_thrilla @Barrybran @Elton Johns Wig
2​
@Ocha905 (CIW)
18​
@Tonga Bob @Kennedy Parker
3​
@King Tenz (SDR)
17​
@The Filth Wizard @Van_Dyke
It's true, they are well known. It doesn't say the greatest player to poll 3rd in the EKA.
I'll allow it.

What is this abomination? I demand a written apology. I want a thread created by admin apologising for the deep hurt and trauma inflicted by the league, to me, in front of the entire SFA on arguably its most prestigious and visible post season event. It is the epitome of unprofessionalismisation and incompetencenesess that I should have my name degraded and tarnished in such an atrocious and viscous way. I am not being verbose, I am being victimised!!!!

Kennedy Parker Elton Johns Wig

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this abomination? I demand a written apology. I want a thread created by admin apologising for the deep hurt and trauma inflicted by the league, to me, in front of the entire SFA on arguably its most prestigious and visible post season event. It is the epitome of unprofessionalismisation and incompetencenesess that I should have my name degraded and tarnished in such an atrocious and viscous way. I am not being verbose, I am being victimised!!!!

Kennedy Parker Elton Johns Wig

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Oh, you're still here?

Can you please turn the lights off on your way out?

Cheers

Apologies for the bump but in honour of The Bison's magnificent speech last night I couldn't not make a homage. It just spoke to me.

1706747373034.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back