Event SEASON 36 RISING STAR AWARD NIGHT - Thursday 1800 AWST - Be there!

Who will win the S36 Rising Star?

• Ace Rimmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • big_icky

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Billy87

• caesar88

• cats_09

• DemurePrincess

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Drizzy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Footy Is The Win

• Freddy Swift

• Gralin

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • HotPiesWithSauce

• Irish BlueBagger

• Iva Bigun

• JoseMourinho

• King Tenz

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • madman18

• nobbyiscool

• Ocha905

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Pistol Night

• Pure Grunt

• ScrappyDo

• Shuestar13

• The Sultan

• TigerImposter

• Tjohn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

DemurePrincess this is what I would have said had you miraculously won (the short version)

HOLY SHIRTBALLS. DP DID WHAT?! BOUGHT 10,000 CAMELS? Oh wait, that was the wrong file... SHE'S WON THE RISING STAR?!
Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics

DJ RonnieRaven ... spin that sh*t!
https://youtu.be/D8K90hX4PrE

------------------------

Ok now onto the most important aspect of the judging for the Rising Star; on-field performance.

In the past we've had Qooty Stats, we've had the A.R.S.E ... we've had GWS Goose doing whatever he did.

This season, I have used a formulae that ensured the future integrity and legitimisation of the award under our next SFA Admin (and SCAARFACE).

That said, onto the qooty stats!

View attachment 1859530
Drizzy Ace Rimmer nobbyiscool cats_09 King Tenz

View attachment 1859531
big_icky Gralin Ocha905 The Sultan Pure Grunt

As you can see, there are some absolute jets in the S36 cohort! Some special mentions for outstanding games are needed:
  • Round 3: The Sultan (17 HO, 27 disposals, 4 goals – 121 DT)
  • Round 3: big_icky (30 disposals, 3 goals – 109 DT)
  • Round 6: iva_bigun (6 kicks, 6 goals – 59 DT)
  • Round 8: cats_09 (14 HO, 34 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 goal – 122 DT)
  • Round 10: JoseMourinho (7 kicks, 5 goals – 55 DT)
  • Round 13: nobbyiscool (28 disposals, 1 goal – 102 DT)
  • Round 16: cats_09 (16 HO, 23 disposals, 5 goals – 114 DT)

Integrity! What a farce.
This award is like a bid for the soccer world cup. Merit Iis the last thing considered.

DemurePrincess this is what I would have said had you miraculously won (the short version)

HOLY SHIRTBALLS. DP DID WHAT?! BOUGHT 10,000 CAMELS? Oh wait, that was the wrong file... SHE'S WON THE RISING STAR?!
Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics
I’ll take a camel any-day thanks

Integrity! What a farce.
This award is like a bid for the soccer world cup. Merit Iis the last thing considered.
Nah nah it's come good again.

Temazapan is the nuts guts, hopefully you all never need it!

Alright, BLU’s say which is the most important as this bloke eats match threads for breakfast.

In order:

DemurePrincess was fantastic and a great personality that the Sweet needs .then I have kenneyswarriors who’s a Fantastic addition. Ken was another cracker. HARPSichord and MayTheNorthBeWithU are quiet achievers that could be something special.

Of my lads The Sultan and Footy Is The Win show promise.

Late call out for Gralin who can talk under water with a mouth full of marbles. Will be very popular with peeps that are low on humour.

Well done Ocha905, I couldn’t be prouder. I identified you in the same way I’ve identified many… beez winners. Future admins. EKA’s. Multiple all SFA. League captains. I share in all of their wins and I share in yours.

To digress from my own personal eye it’s one thing to be regarded highly in the league but one thing stands out with you and that is your teamwork and your enthusiasm to engage and contribute. I have no doubt the Warriors are proud collectively of you and you have been a sensational contributor and team player this season. I couldn’t be happier you, like many before you, understand just what this place is and have carved your own niche so early.
Thanks Filthy!

As you say I wouldn't be here without your recommendation! It will remain a confounding mystery what you saw in me on the North board. Especially lately I've been rather cantankerous around those parts (sorry for that). It's been a privilege to be a small part of the Warriors family this season and hopefully many, many more!

Alright, BLU’s say which is the most important as this bloke eats match threads for breakfast.

In order:

DemurePrincess was fantastic and a great personality that the Sweet needs .then I have kenneyswarriors who’s a Fantastic addition. Ken was another cracker. HARPSichord and MayTheNorthBeWithU are quiet achievers that could be something special.

Late call out for Gralin who can talk under water with a mouth full of marbles. Will be very popular with peeps that are low on humour.

You do realise that neither HARPS or MTNBWU are Rookies

Congratulations Ocha905!
Thanks Cadsky! I especially appreciative of the kind words as I was at my worst in the Royals threads this season. I'm hoping to make up for it next season!

In order:

Ohh I forgot Ocha905 now this campaigner has huge upside!

Ohh I forgot Ocha905 now this campaigner has huge upside!
Cheers BAT! I can't wait for our match against the Bombers next season. You're a bunch of funny campaigners :p

For now though I'll be getting a VB longneck up me!

In order:

1700741945621.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Cadsky! I especially appreciative of the kind words as I was at my worst in the Royals threads this season. I'm hoping to make up for it next season!
no stress mate. the beauty of this place is in most cases you can wipe and reset the following season. you're a deserving winner. enjoy it!

Cheers BAT! I can't wait for our match against the Bombers next season. You're a bunch of funny campaigners :p

Alright hand it back

Mate the Warriors hit pay dirt with you. Not needy, don’t suck up and not looking to be hero! Outstanding!!!

Congratulations to all this season’s rookies for the fresh approaches and the wild energy you’ve brought to the league

Kudos to the placegetters - Pure Grunt King Tenz and Gralin - loved your input from media and the matchthreads and hope you enjoy the respect you deserve and get to replenish in the off-season

Well done Ocha905 !! I’m as delightfully surprised as you are.

Makes it all worthwhile when someone responds as positively as you have.

Frederico_WA you crazy bastard. You did it mate!

Credit to your employer for recognising your potential. Brilliant night’s entertainment, straight up - no filler!

RonnieRaven - loved the music videos. A new standard and so succinct.

Thanks to everyone else who contributed with visuals, stats or comments.

Congratulations to my boy Ocha905, Wazzas just win things 🍸

While it's widely acknowledged that 8th in the Rising Star is destined for greatness (low key grats Drizzy), I have absolutely no doubt you'll buck the trend. 🙌

Proud of you.

Back