Event SEASON 36 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL COUNT - START 6:15PM AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Every awards night throws up a talking point or two and there are always claims of somebody being robbed etc. The Mobbs medal is no different. Tonight though should be a celebration and acknowledgement of the actual winners.

Gonna call him Bubble Tea from now on
snatch-bullet-t.gif

The sim can have some weird anomalys in the votes.

I remember this game well.

Paddles had 10 tackles, kicked 5 goals , leading DT for the game by a mile - 0 votes and he feel short of the mobbs by 3.

The sim can have some weird anomalys in the votes.

I remember this game well.

Paddles had 10 tackles, kicked 5 goals , leading DT for the game by a mile - 0 votes and he feel short of the mobbs by 3.

I will blame the sim having 'weird anomalys' for why I haven't won for the last 4 seasons

Congratulations Tonga Bob , Falconista , Gralin, Kennedy Parker and everybody else who won or presented or prepared or made qute quips, or even just sat in the corner and drank themselves into oblivion.

You all make life worth living.

Last edited:
Huge congratulations to Tonga Bob on winning the S36 Mobbs Medal, couldn't ask for a sweeter winner and he tells me he’s handsome too!
Falconista and manangatang thanks for everything you do to help this place tick over, well deserved recognition 👏🏻
okeydoke7 you’re such a blast and congrats on your excellent season, some say nepotism, I say stats don’t lie 🤗
And another well done to DenieD on winning the Fred 👏🏻

And Gralin 🤙🏻 What a great addition to the League, I’m so glad you finally took the plunge and jumped on board of your own free will.

IMG_3343.gif

Congrats on the eka and on just being you 🥰

Thanks Kennedy Parker for running this and the usual suspects for pitching in and making sure we get a quality award season, lovely graphics again TheInjuryFactory 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big congrats to Tonga Bob. Should go close to the Mobbs/beez double!

Well deserved EKA win Gralin, you've been a breath of fresh air this season.

Love your work Falconista and manangatang, without you both this place would be very different!

DenieD enjoy bathing in finally having that Fred around your neck, what a stellar season.

okeydoke7 just another line to the CV, an award that Tarkyn_24 hasn't already won. 😉

Last edited:
p.png

Now we come to the SFACA MVP! The recently renamed award that is purposed to reward those who play in less fancy positions that are not necessarily rich with statistics.
That means the following will be eligible:
  • BP
  • FB
  • HBF
  • CHB
  • HFF
  • CHF
  • FP
  • INT

Process and criteria

During the season - track the playing positions per round - done by admin

1. Compile playing statistics broken down by playing position
2. Committee discussion on who the best statistical performers are in each of the previously listed positions - short-list 1 for each position
3. 3-2-1 vote by committee

That is how it is supposed to work, to reward those who may be overlooked on purely aggregate statistical measures.

That's all well and good in theory. But in PRACTICE, it didn't work out too well because it turns out people aren't that interested in discussing the players who are playing in these positions... So we didn't have a discussion. And we didn't have a vote.

So we're going to defer to the Admin CHOOSES who win this award and I have made my choice.

The winner of the Season 36 SFACA MVP Award is the legendary DEFENDER okeydoke7 !

After finally taking 1000 years to kick 1000 goals, Okey made the move to defence when the Swamprats were on the bottom of the ladder with a 1-4 record and sparked an inspirational form turnaround like no other!

R6 v ROY: Neither having much reason to brag, okeydoke7 did well against Mike. - 7m from 5 to 12. (CONTEXT: Mike kicked 0 goals on Okey, okey kicked a goal up the other end)
R7 v GCR: In an enthralling contest, okeydoke7 came out tops over the brave hotchilli. - 98m from 0 to 98. (CONTEXT: hotchilli was kicked 0 goals, okey had 19 disposals, 4 marks)
R8 v LVB: While the match-up was a bit of a side-show, Art Vandelay_ either broke even with okeydoke7 or vaguely bested him - it was hard to tell. - 57m from 3 to 60. (Art Vandelay_ kicked 0 goals this game)
R9 v OOB: In an epic battle, it could be argued that okeydoke7 had the better game against Robertio - although there was very little in it. - 96m from 1 to 97. (CONTEXT: Robertio kicked 2 goals, okey had 14 disposals, 5 marks)
R10 v FUR: In a solid performance, Feraligatr won the bout with okeydoke7. - 75m from 1 to 76. (CONTEXT: Feraligatr kicked 1 goal this game, okey had 14 disposals 5 marks)
R11 v WON: In an epic battle, not much between damicky and okeydoke7 - the former was probably a smidgeon better. - 98m from 0 to 98. (CONTEXT: Damicky kicked 2 goals this game, okey had 15 disposals, 4 marks)
R12 v GUM: While the match-up was a bit of a side-show, okeydoke7 did well against bone2468. - 59m from 39 to 98. (CONTEXT: Bone2468 kicked 1 goal and had 5 disposals to okey's 13 disposals, 4 marks)
R16 v CIW: either having much reason to brag, it could be argued that okeydoke7 had the better game against Reginald Perrin - although there was very little in it. - 86m from 4 to 90. (CONTEXT: Reginald Perrin kicked 1 goal, okey had 5 disposals 6 marks)

Here are his performances adjudged by the sim, in 8 games at center half back he beat his opponent on 5 occasions and never conceded more than 2 goals. It lifted Sin City from bottom of the ladder to top 4 by the end of the home and away season. Show me another move that has sparked a better form turnaround for the TEAM.

Many of you right now are thinking! WTF, he didn't even play the full season in DEFENCE! YOU ARE TOTALLY ANT BEARING THIS AWARD KP!

Damn straight I am.

But if you don't think this is an appropriate outcome then you simply don't have enough knowledge about what Qooty is all about. In a league that is full of egotistical flogs that are all about the individual, Okey has been all about the TEAM and that is what makes him the true MVP of this season.

Congratulations on another line to the CV Okey, Ant Bear would be proud!​

I’m especially proud to win this award. FINALLY some acknowledgement for my selflessness. A real team-first attitude.

Some would say I’m the MOST humble this league has ever seen.

It’s a pleasure to add SFACA MVP to my ever expanding CV, which I most definitely haven’t got framed in my bedroom, close to my ceiling mirror.

Congratulations to the winners of awards, and to those who made them earn it with their efforts too.

Well done on a great season. Thanks to the people that put these things together so that the accomplishments of the season can be celebrated.

Every awards night throws up a talking point or two and there are always claims of somebody being robbed etc. The Mobbs medal is no different. Tonight though should be a celebration and acknowledgement of the actual winners.
Is tomorrow too soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back