Official Team Thread Dragons FFC | Season 36 Team Thread | Congratulations to serial_thrilla, our Season 36 Ljp86 Medallist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, us professionals call it "butt cold..." :p

Actually, you as a native Pittsburgher would laugh at us, but we shivered through the 15F/-9.4C mornings. Thank the Gods we got no frozen precip, simply can't handle it here (and we usually get ICE, not snow).

Nothing worse than an ice storm, brings this place to a screeching halt until it melts.
:laughv1: Yeah, that’s not too bad, 15F for January. Well, up north, anyway. 😛 Driving in the snow and ice is an art. 😉 I’ve done enough of it in my life to last a lifetime. I sure am glad it doesn’t snow here. Although, the bugs are industrial strength and plentiful. 🥺 It never gets cold enough to kill some of them off - they just think they should try to move inside with you.

Ice storms are awful. I missed a day of work once because my car was encased (literally!) in ice. I couldn’t chisel the door open. 😆 I walked home from somewhere when I was a teenager after an ice storm. It took forever! Baby steps and grabbing onto everything every step of the way.

Fun times! :roflv1:

View attachment 1891861

Following the alleged king-Switching by AceAndy on Coach Andonis1997 after a very terse argument, the injured Dragons FFC coach had to give outgoing Dragons skipper T2B_ the general gist of the match day results and analysis to write down. Coach Andonis1997 sent his regards, saying "I'm sure T2B_ will handle it. I'm sorry I can't be there in person for the Best and Fairest on Friday, but I need surgery. Also let's be honest I'm safer here, as PhenomenalV1 is probably still wanting my blood after stiffing him a few goals. Ciao."
I would never do that to my Switch.

Clashing with the Hall of Fame announcement. Superb!
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

the avengers GIF

I'm ready for tonight! F*** the hof announcement.

Also carn the Windies!
I know! I’m pulling for the West Indies, too. They’re giving it their best - even scored over 300 this time. They seem to have some promising young bowlers, too. I’ve heard they were beasts back in the day. Maybe they’re on the rise again! 😮

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes? :laughv1: :gigglev1:

I know! I’m pulling for the West Indies, too. They’re giving it their best - even scored over 300 this time. They seem to have some promising young bowlers, too. I’ve heard they were beasts back in the day. Maybe they’re on the rise again! 😮

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes? :laughv1: :gigglev1:
Yeh im liking the look of their young bowlers!
I did jump around the lounge in celebration when Sinclair got his 50 lol

Also Brian Lara is and was my favourite batsmen of all time too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Award Night Opening
rolling out the red carpet GIF by Golden Globes

Welcome everyone to the night of nights, the Dragons FFC Best and Fairest and Awards Presentation for Season 36!

We recognise the following awards tonight:

• Ljp86 Medal (best qooty player/poster)
  • Hatchy1992 Medal (leading goal kicker)
  • Pie 4 Life Medal (best clubmen)
  • Coach AceAndy’s MVP (best on-field performance)
  • Blaze Storm Medal (best first year player)
  • Knifey Spoony Footlong Encouragement Award (self explanatory)

Headlining the night of course will be the Ljp86 Medal, named after the great man himself: Ljp86. The award is determined from a totally secret sauce combination of on-field Qooty performances and match thread engagement.

Thanks to my Leadership Group of Greenery (also co-skipper), Pie 4 Life, Ljp86, serial_thrilla, DragoDelph and Hatchy1992 for everything this season just gone, as always.

The count will commence shortly.

Round 1 vs Gold City Royals
WIN 79-72

A great start to the season. Though a tight match for a the majority of it, we burst out of the gates before the Royals evened things up in the second quarter. The arm wrestle continued while we kept the advantage, however small, and finally held on to take the chocolates.

GOALS: PhenomenalV1 5, Greenery 3, King Tenz 1, fumbler 1, Strigoi 1, Ljp86 1

BESTS: Strigoi, prpl_jss (Purple Jesus), PhenomenalV1, big_icky, T2B_, Greenery

Round 1 MVP Votes:

3. Strigoi
2. prpl_jss (Purple Jesus)
1. PhenomenalV1

Round 2 vs Las Vegas Bears
LOSS 113-91

A not so great continuation of our start to the season. A frustrating match as we burst out of the gates once again, with a 5-0 first quarter, but capitulated thereafter. Falling narrowly behind just before half time, the Bears would edge further away until the final siren, with us just not being quite good enough.

GOALS: PhenomenalV1 6, Greenery 3, Bradesmaen 1, Ljp86 1, DJ75 1, DragoDelph 1, Strigoi 1

BESTS: serial_thrilla, PhenomenalV1, Bradesmaen, Ljp86, Strigoi

Round 2 MVP Votes:
3. serial_thrilla
2. PhenomenalV1
1. Bradesmaen

Round 3 vs West Coast Wonders
LOSS 138-117

It's never fun to give up the 4 points to the Wonders, but it's worse when it adds a another loss to your tally early on. The match remained extremely tight throughout and we were as a unit pretty competitive. Unfortunately the difference was Wonders full forward DenieD, who put lipstick on our full back T2B_ and er, went to town. 7 goals 4 was the result while the Dragons didn't the scoreboard enough all round.

GOALS: PhenomenalV1 4, big_icky 3, Drizzy 2, Pie 4 Life 2, Greenery 1, Bradesmaen 1, Ligma 1, BringBackTheAnchor 1, Strigoi 1, @prpl_jss 1

BESTS: big_icky, prpl_jss (Purple Jesus), BringBackTheAnchor, Bradesmaen, serial_thrilla

Round 3 MVP Votes:
3. big_icky
2. prpl_jss (Purple Jesus)
1. BringBackTheAnchor

Round 4 vs Sin City Swamprats
WIN 56-43

Finally! Back on the winners list as we took on the Rats. It wasn't a pretty match in trying conditions, but we'd take it every day of the week. A messy arm-wrestle in which we would edge enough ahead after half time to snare the 4 points. Winger Bradesmaen didn't seem to care about the conditions as he put in a supreme clean and effective performance.

GOALS: Bradesmaen 3, Greenery 1, PhenomenalV1, Pie 4 Life 1, Ligma 1, Hatchy1992 1

BESTS: Bradesmaen, Ljp86, Ge3ks, Ligma, Blaze Storm

Round 4 MVP Votes:
3. Bradesmaen
2. Ljp86
1. Ge3ks

Round 5 vs Mt Buller Demons
WIN 95-91

An epic win! This was an amazing effort, as we prevailed even after seemingly still feeling the effects of the grueling match the week before. After an arm wrestle of a first quarter, the Demons put the foot down and got away to a 6 goal advantage at Half Time. We put things right after the main break however, coming out with renewed vigour and kicked 6 goals to the Delons 2. Finally, a 4 goal to 2 goal final quarter saw us narrowly hold on to a great victory by just 4 points. As the string of "2 goal kickers' attests below, we had no dominant goal kicker but just a great team contribution all round.

GOALS: PhenomenalV1 2, Bradesmaen 2, Greenery 2, Blaze Storm 2, Pie 4 Life 2, Ligma 1, Ge3ks 1, Drizzy 1, Strigoi 1

BESTS: Bradesmaen, Ljp86, big_icky, prpl_jss (Purple Jesus), Ligma

Round 5 MVP Votes:
3. Bradesmaen
2. Ljp86
1. big_icky

Round 5 Leaderboard
🐲🥂 Round 5 Leaderboards 🐲🥂

Coach's MVP:
Bradesmaen​
7​
Ljp86​
4​