Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 10 - Dragons FFC V Roys FFC @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

1626669572037-png.1181305

vs

post-1-teamsheet-logo-png.1758534

Let's start with a bit of humour:

A man is sitting at home alone when he hears a knock on the front door. He opens it to find two sheriff's deputies there. He asks if there is a problem.

One of the deputies asks if he is married. He says, "Yes, I am."

The deputy then asks if he could see a picture of the man's wife.

The guy says, "Sure," and gets a photo to show them.

The deputy says, "I'm sorry, sir. But it looks like your wife's been hit by a truck."

The guy replies, "I know, but she has a great personality and is an excellent cook."

Welcome to this round 10 fixture, to be held at Ljp86's Lair. It's 7 v 11, but such is the tightness of the competition, the 2 combatants in this game are only separated by percentage.

Dragons

The home side was left to rue their inaccuracy in front of goal in a 22 point loss to the Phoenix, although apparently the loss was actually my fault, with serial_thrilla expressing a desire that someone else should post their games for the rest of the year (I'm sure he actually realises that results don't change - regardless of who posts the match :)).

Who’s hot

Ljp86: 23 possessions, 11 tackles & 2 goals
King Tenz: 30 possessions & 8 marks

Who’s not

Ge3ks: 7 possessions
DJ75: 5 possessions & 2 marks

Roys

Normally when a team kicks 19 goals, they win the game - but not in this case, because the Furies booted 22. I recently interviewed skipper TedDougChris: when I asked him for his definition of defence, he replied, "It's dat fing dat surrounds de house." So after the Furies had no less than 10 goal kickers, the Roys' back 6 will need to tighten up on the Dragons' forwards this week, or it could be a similar result.

Who’s hot

JackNah_8: 32 possessions & 7 marks
Tigs2010: 25 possessions, 8 tackles & a goal

Who’s not

Royboy2: 1 possession (better than donuts I guess)
Barrels: 2 possessions & a goal

Who wins

The sim is almost as difficult to read as a Wonders match thread, but I'll say the Roys will bounce back this week, and win by 7 points.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Roys

Normally when a team kicks 19 goals, they win the game - but not in this case, because the Furies booted 22. I recently interviewed skipper @TedDougChris: when I asked him for his definition of defence, he replied, "It's dat fing dat surrounds de house."

Pfft - as if I'd get a question right !! You aren't fooling anyone !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game Dragons!! Back at home this against the Roys who are always a tough outfit. A good start will be key here this week in what is sure to be a cracking game!! :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Let's start with a bit of humour
But you’re usually such a serious type Phil; not sure if I like this new version of you.

Thanks for an excellent OP though!

But you’re usually such a serious type Phil; not sure if I like this new version of you.

Thanks for an excellent OP though!
Yeah I've only been in the SFA for 14 seasons: I thought it was time to lighten up a bit.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back