Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
S33 Mobbs Medal - Main header.png

Hello all,

Welcome to the count for the S33 Mobbenfuhrer medal. This is the oldest and most prestigious award in the Sweet FA, having been inaugurated in Season 1 and held continuously in every season since.

The Mobbs Medal is awarded to the best and most consistent player as judged by the Sim. Each game, the sim randomly generates text commentary, stats as well as the best 3 players for each game. These votes are collected by the Simmers and sent privately to the Admin to be recorded.

The agenda for tonight:
  • Rounds 1-4​
  • Fred Medal Presentation (Award for Leading Goal Kicker)​
  • TFLUA-Tiger Award Presentation (Award for best sim performer decided by the committee)​
  • Rounds 5-8​
  • Frankston Rover Award Presentation (Award for best contribution as awarded by the Admin)​
  • Rounds 9-12​
  • EKA Medal Presentation (Award for most Outstanding Rookie as decided by the committee)​
  • Rounds 13-17​
  • Mobbs Medal Winner Presentation​
I would like to thank all those who contributed to tonight. A huge thank you to the crew of TheInjuryFactory, Moz, philreich, MWPP, JoshWoodenSpoon, damicky & CrimsonViolet in their help with the write ups, graphics and interviews for tonight's event.

• Fred Medal Presentation (Award for Leading Goal Kicker)​
willy-wonka-excited.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we get to the count, lets do get to a few interviews with tonights favourites, courtesy of damicky

Cheese: Hey Porps

What would winning the Mobbs mean to you?

Porps:
If I was to answer in a gif:

Happy Sparkle GIF by Pokémon

But to answer in words:
It would mean a lot considering I've never won anything like it before... I didn't think these kinds of awards were for me. I mean, I'm not larrikin, or boncer34, or whomever won it last season (who was that again??🤔). I'm Porps, just Porps! I'm very ordinary. I didn't even get my Hogwarts letter. So to win a Mobbs could be one of the greatest achievements of my life!

Cheese: I can’t remember who won it last season either … I do remember who won the EKA though

One of your main challengers is your Captain, Chipmunk

Are you confident that you have him covered?

Porps: That old chestnut huh? Well he was pretty impressive this season. However he eats a lot of peanuts and between you and me, they aren't even nuts at all - they're legumes...

Cheese: How does someone your size compete against some of the giants of the competition?

Porps: Easy - by being extremely quick and flexible. I've managed to conquer my opponents by darting around them and leaping high:

Dance Dancing GIF by Pokémon

Although sometimes I offer them handmade cannoli and that creates the perfect distraction.

Cheese: Your tactics are definitely working

Good luck tonight

Porps: Cheers mate! :)

Chipmunk

Cheese: Hi Chippy

Have you prepared a victory speech in case you win the Mobbs Medal tonight?

Chippy: Haha surely not! A93, myself and porps will take votes from each other through the season so none of us will win it.

Cheese: You are very modest

Who do you think will win this prestigious award?

Chippy: Probably Proper Gander or yourself, strong performers in your teams who will likely get the 3 votes in wins!

Cheese: I have just spoken to U2tigers & he was mumbling something about the weather

Are you concerned that the weather will affect the result?

Chippy: Not at all, it’s the same number of votes per game. However, we do have all kinds of weather on the East Side so that might give us an edge.

Cheese: Good luck

See you at the after party

Chippy: Cheers, I hope you have brought the best cheese!

T2B_

Cheese: Hi T2B

I am hearing whispers that an avocado is a chance of winning the Mobbs

Would this be the highlight of your life so far?

T2B: Hi Cheese,

I mean, it would be a highlight of my Qooty qareer, besides the Dragons flag(s) of course (here's hoping the flag part is plural). I am first and foremost a team playaaaaa :) But any individual accolades that come along in the process is gravy.

Cheese: It is great to hear that your major focus is on team success … okeydoke7 could learn a lot from you

Has serial_thrilla ’s leadership inspired you to perform at such an elite level?

T2B: serial has certainly been good for me. I think he'd also not mind me saying that he's kind of an enigma; on one hand he's straight down the line, very stats and logic based, yet on the other hand he also seems to be kind of an evil mastermind who revels in chaos. You never quite know what he's thinking behind the scenes, but when he says something, you listen.

serial also had to deal with a quite sudden captaincy that was thrust upon him when AceAndy retired, but he took it in his stride. This wasn't a surprise to me, as in Ace's final year, serial was almost like a spiritual co-captain anyway. serial has made things much easier on me, bringing me into the co-captaincy and being a mentor, but the way he's handled things before and his leadership has made a mark on me, for sure.

Cheese: serial suffered recent heartbreak with yet another 2nd placing in the Beez

If you win tonight, will you give him the medal to thank him for everything he has done for you?

T2B: I'd let him hold it, I guess? I dunno, he has an EKA and I don't, so he'd likely let me have this one if I win it. ;)
That said I do believe he'll take out the Beez eventually, he's easily the best non-winner going around and has had a striking consistency in the placing. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet either.

Cheese: All the best

It is time to get smashed

Pie 4 Life

Cheese: Hey P4L

You had a fantastic season on the Qooty field

Do you think you will be taking home the Mobbs Medal?

P4L: Hey damicky,

I would love to win the Mobbs Medal, especially if I miss out on the All-SFA Posting Team. This season has probably been my best stats wise, and certainly overall for some time since I played midfield/forward/ruck in the early days.

I was saying to my Dragons teammates the other day that I'll have to go from ironic to un-ironic this off-season because I am usually nowhere near the awards. But this season I might be there abouts. I think T2B_ is a huge chance as well, and unfortunately we could steal votes off each other, as well as resident sex god Bonz.

If T2B and I both miss out, we'll be combining our votes to share the medal.

Cheese: You mentioned the Avocado

Is there a friendly rivalry between the two of you in the Dragons locker room?

P4L: We certainly work well together. He likes to practice our tackling technique after training. I’m all for that, though not sure the showers are the best place to do that, everyone is so slippery, he’s such a jokester that T2B_.

He’s been a rising star for a number of years and we voted unanimously to captain the club after serial_thrilla. Couldn’t think of a better person to win the Mobbs (well aside from me of course)!

Cheese: It is dangerous enough tackling an avocado in ideal conditions

Other than T2B_ , who do you expect to be in the mix for this highly coveted honour?

P4L: I think fellow tackling machine Chipmunk is a good chance to take it out, as a defender-turned midfielder too, we have a mutual bond. I also would be happy for Proper Gander to win it after she too was on the receiving end of broken All-SFA Posting Team of the Year last season.

Cheese: Win or lose tonight, congratulations on a stellar season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back