Event Season 33 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Count starts 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine I've climbed quite a few spots this year.
I'm pretty amazing.

Totally random thought, but why does the GWS Giants team song sound like a Russian folk song?

It's the AFL's Song Of The Volga Boatmen...

Totally random thought, but why does the GWS Giants team song sound like a Russian folk song?

Umm.. freos used to start with that little ditty

Umm.. freos used to start with that little ditty

Oh yeah, you're right:

The minor key treatment is nowhere near as prominent as the GWS Giants song, though.

The Wonders started the round with back to back wins to keep their faint finals hopes alive. Moz led from the front with 4 goals straight & 111 DT points in a comfortable 44 point upset victory over the ladder leading Bombers. The Phoenix led by 20 points in their contest against the Warriors. They held that margin for most of the game on their way to a 23 point win. The Gumbies outscored the Demons 8.2 to 5.8 in a high scoring second stanza. The Demons were left ruing missed opportunities in a 26 point defeat. The Furies dented their wooden spoon credentials with a 7 goal to 2 start against the Roys on their way to a 46 point romp. In another match that had major implications on final ladder placings, the Swamprats hosted the Dragons. Despite a 6 goal to 2 final quarter, the dirty Rats went down by the barest of margins. In yet another thriller, the Royals led the Bears by 6 behinds at 3/4 time. The last quarter was a low scoring affair & the final shot on goal came with 5 minutes to go. Smartys Power missed his chance to be a hero ... Bears held on by 2 points!

Barrybran kicked 7.2 & Catsnlakers 7.1 while Brick Loosener ended on an amazing 134 points.

Milestones: 450 - Headless , 400 - beez , 200 - NaturalDisaster , 150 - HaroLad , 100 - Moz , 50 - Grav & DenieD

Round 15 Official Votes

Baghdad Bombers v West Coast Wonders

3 - damicky (WON)
2 - TheCoach16 (BOM)
1 - Bovo (BOM)

East Side Phoenix v Coney Island Warriors
3 - MannumPower (ESP)
2 - Tonga Bob (CIW)
1 - Chipmunk (ESP)

Gumbies FFC vs Mount Buller Demons
3 - CatToTheFuture (GUM)
2 - cooney (MBD)
1 - Proper Gander (MBD)

Roys FFC vs Fighting Furies
3 - CrimsonViolet (FUR)
2 - hotchilli (ROY)
1 - JackBero (FUR)

Sin City Swamprats v Dragons FFC
3 - Strigoi (DRA)
2 - ShaunDuggan (SCS)
1 - Ant Bear (SCS)

Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears
3 - Millky95 (LVB)
2 - omgfridge (GCR)
1 - GreyCrow (GCR)​
Don’t tag me in a Mobbs Medal thread unless I’ve won the thing.

Funnily enough the guy that wrote it has said that the rhythm of a Russian polka was part of his inspiration for the song.
I love it.

Funnily enough the guy that wrote it has said that the rhythm of a Russian polka was part of his inspiration for the song.
I love it.

Oh there’s a big big sound…

That compilation of the Giants theme song made prior to the GWS grand final is one I’ll always enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back