Media S36 Mobbs Medal Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

1695825420301.png

After getting a total of 0 questions about why I hadn't done this again, I've decided to start a thread about how I'm doing this again. I've been doing this the whole time actually but who cares about a Best-and-Fairest until halfway through the counting?

So now we've had half the season simulated and we've had people ask about who the next admin will be, whether tackles are relevant to winning and what da ladder doin'? So there's no better time to bring back what is truly held dear to the league and give people a reason to brag about how awesome Mobbs' computer thinks they are. Will it be the same result as last season or will someone else's pool room get the award?

Now, the last time I did this, I was correct in my prediction. That was great for the credentials of this and the effort got me into the Top 20 in the beez, but I don't think my prediction of the winner being 7 votes ahead when they didn't get the honour until the last round was an "accurate call". So, even though I said I wasn't going to try and improve upon the method, I'm going to try and improve upon the method.

The new method, in theory, should be more likely to predict what the sim produces in terms of votes but the old method is still around and has been renamed to be the Coaches Votes. That way, we can still give out the 3-2-1 votes but also show how close everyone else is to stealing votes away and see who is dominating games. Who knows, maybe the old system is better.

Now, for an explanation: The Mobbs Medal is the Sweet Football Association's version of the Brownlow, the sim has an algorithm to figure out who the best player is in a simulated game and gives out 3 votes to the best player, 2 votes to the second best and 1 vote to 3rd. Throughout the season the best players should be gathering votes consistently and in the end, the player with the most votes is deemed the best in the league.

The Coaches Votes is usually done by having a coach from both teams do the same thing but starting with 5 votes for 1st and going down to 1 vote for 5th with a player getting a maximum of 10 votes in a game but here, I've taken the old system and given it this job as I realised midway through last season that it works better giving out 2 sets of votes instead of trying to work together for 1.​

TL;DR This is returning, things are different/improved/added upon and someone might win too!

Round 1
Round 1 and despite all efforts by the Admin to stop such things from happening, the Old Boys managed to start the season in the negative. Was it too harsh? Should the Dragons have also been punished? Doesn't matter because Ophidian still lost to the Phoenix to keep themselves lower on the ladder than the team who had the Bye. The Dragons also tried to make a dog's breakfast of their victory but were too much for the Royals even if they hadn't scored in the last.

The first round also had reigning wooden spooners Mount Buller smash the team with the self-appointed title of second greatest goal-kicker, the Wonders during the middle 2 quarters did enough to get across the line against the Furies, the Roys were too good for the Warriors on the day and the Bears managed to get the biggest win of the round despite the high-scoring affair.

As such, these are the people who had the best possible start to the season:
1695888479206.png
Tarkyn_24 Frederico_WA CakeEater GWS Goose tigs2010 Itsmyshow

But 1 good round doesn't win you a medal when it comes to the Mobbs, plenty of games to go.​

I'll be again surprised if I get a vote. but I will bring the Godzilla style.

Japan Sunglasses GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1816546

Im very confused what's happening here and also confused how I didn't get a mention after 31 touches, a goal, and 111 dream team points in a win.

Sounds like I'm being robbed already, hope the actual Mobbs votes aren't as bad as this!!!!!!
How many tackles. The Mobbs rewards tackles.

Round 2
Okay, now that I know people are paying attention, let's look over Round 2

The big news story after the end of the round was okeydoke7 finally kicking goal No. 1000 which saw the Swamprat faithful brave enough to travel to Abdu Prison erupt in celebration. It was the only celebrating that was done for Sin City as Baghdad shut down any possibility early on of a home-town loss. The big news story before the start of the round was yet another Old Boys penalty that ensured the Dragons want to be the most hated team. This time though, Ophidian found a way to win in the last quarter and kicked 54 points to 30 to beat Mount Buller and stay within reach of breaking even on the ladder.

In the other games, the Phoenix almost caught up to a fast-starting Warriors outfit but ran out of quarters trying to get the lead, the Bears made light work of the Dragons despite Las Vegas giving away the first 5 goals of the game, the Gumbies used the Premiership Quarter to win against the Roys in Muddy conditions and the Furies didn't put up much Fighting as the Royals scored enough points by Half-Time.

Which brings us to finding out who went back-to-back to start the season. The results are:

1695910895996.png
norway blue hotchilli TheInjuryFactory GWS Goose Ljp86 Mrs Turbo

Some early form has started to show, but will it continue?​

Round 3
Round 3 and we had 2 games that were decided by less than a goal. For the Gumbies, it was a fierce arm-wrestle with the Royals that saw them hold on just thanks to limited opportunities and missed chances. The Royals could've iced the game midway through the 3rd quarter but the Gumbies fought their way to a lead and staved off everything once they got it. The Phoenix also tried to keep the ball up their end of the ground when they got in front late against the Swamprats. It was looking like the Phoenix had done enough until Jewelsbon, with a minute remaining, got Sin City the winning score.

We also had the Old Boys get over the Roys to finally have more than 0 points, the Wonders beat the Dragons in a last-quarter shootout, the Warriors made light work of the Bears in a top-of-the-table clash and the Bombers dominated the Demons have the start to the finish.

So will all that covered, who was considered the best?

1695957501637.png
gab213 ant555 zackah tigs2010 hotchilli DenieD

Already 3 people with over 20 Coaches Votes, will they continue to tally them up?​

Last edited:
Round 3 and we had 2 games that were decided by less than a goal. For the Gumbies, it was a fierce arm-wrestle with the Royals that saw them hold on just thanks to limited opportunities and missed chances. The Royals could've iced the game midway through the 3rd quarter but the Gumbies fought their way to a lead and staved off everything once they got it. The Phoenix also tried to keep the ball up their end of the ground when they got in front late against the Swamprats. It was looking like the Phoenix had done enough until Jewelsbon, with a minute remaining, got Sin City the winning score.

We also had the Old Boys get over the Roys to finally have more than 0 points, the Wonders beat the Dragons in a last-quarter shootout, the Warriors made light work of the Bears in a top-of-the-table clash and the Bombers dominated the Demons have the start to the finish.

So will all that covered, who was considered the best?

View attachment 1816995
gab213 ant555 zackah tigs2010 hotchilli DenieD

Already 3 people with over 20 Coaches Votes, while they continue to tally them up?​
Style Deal With It GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back