Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S36 Team Thread - Congratulations Philreich S36 Toots Hibbert Medallist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Si Yes GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Captain's Award

The Captain's Award is awarded to the poster that the captain deems best embodied the spirit of the club. This poster was always one of the most active in match threads and qooty media. He also assisted me behind the scenes in recruitment and reminding me when I forgot to do compulsory tasks such as voting and committee input.

Congratulations and a big thank you to Kennedy Parker!
Belated thank you to jackster83 and the leadership group philreich, okeydoke7 and BloodySwan on the great show and all the hard work this season.

I won this same captain's award 13 seasons ago at the Swamprats and to win it a second time now means a great deal to know that I'm still able to add something to the club.

This is where it all started, I joined this place back in Season 20 when I found the league - spookism was captain at the time and he had just renamed the club the Sin City Swamprats after a few seasons of struggling for posters as the Alberton Swamprats. The previous season the team was posting about having sex with goats every week. Then in that S20-S23 period we basically pioneered spamming in this league, prior to Season 20 there were only like 5 or 6, 1000+ post match threads and by the end of it there was something like 20 most of which involved the Swampies.

This is the club where spookism held the UGLY leukaemia fundraiser which raised thousands of dollars for research that sort of got the ball rolling on charity events again in this league after Okey started the first one in S18. A couple of those obviously include Ant Bear with the Drazah Memorial in support of Beyond Blue and philreich this season in support of the Women and Children's Hopsital.

We went on an incredible run between S25-S30 with 6 consecutive prelims, 4 grand finals and 2 premierships - in the process making ant555 the most successful player in the history of the game. More premierships individually than any club with 7.

This club is also the site of Okeydoke7's resurrection, he was 861 goals when he was delisted by the Gumbies and now Okey has made history after being the second player to reach 1000 career goals in the SFA in Round 2 against the Bombers. Also managed to win the MVP playing a DEFENDER in the same season - bet that wasn't on anyone's bingo card at the start of the season.

Anyway, after some less than ideal results sim wise this past 3 seasons, I'm glad we made a late season comeback a made top 4 and I was able to get to 150 games for this club. This is a special place with a lot of special people to have represented the Swamprats and even when I retired in Season 30 I always thought it would be full circle to come back for a run here.

Congratulations Phil on a well deserved the B&F win.

Happy new year Rats! 🎇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back