Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S36 - I identify as Royalty. S36 joint B&F winners grumbleguts & Brenton Davy. Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Good evening and welcome to the Gold City Royals S36 Best & Fairest. Tonight we will go through each round of the home and away season and take a look back at some of the special moments of our season.

We will be announcing not only our club Best & Fairest, but also the Leading Goal kicker award and I’ll be introducing the all new Best Clubman award.

The Best Clubman is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognize for any reason he feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Best Clubman award will be Match Thread posting, Media Threads, Leadership, League recognised award winners or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. With his approval, the Best Clubman will be known as “The Filth Wizard Award” in honour of our longest serving Captain and much respected poster league wide, The Filth Wizard.

This season I’ll be assessing both on field performance and posting stats and I’ll be awarding points to the top 5 performers to determine our Best and Fairest player.​

I’d like to start by welcoming 2 exciting fresh faces to the Royals next season in Zevon & Jhye Clark 13.

Zevon joins us after 102 matches at the Roys in 6 seasons. He is a premiership player and Deestroy medallist, so he certainly knows how to perform on the big stage!

Jhye Clark 13 has almost 250 games of experience and is no stranger to the Royals, having played 6 seasons in total between S17-19 & 21-23. He is back to extend his longest running club qareer.

I’m really looking forward to what these two will bring to our team as both are top quality posters and I have no doubt will both be terrific additions to our team as we look to push back up the ladder in S37.​

1702892124809.png

Round 1 and we took on the Dragons away from home to open up our season. We welcomed new comers Brenton Davy, projectv & caesar88 to the team. CakeEater burst out of the gate after a long and gruelling pre-season to register a BOG performance with 32 disposals, 2 goals and 9 tackles. hotchilli had been working on his defensive game all summer long and chipped in with his own 8 tackles, resulting in 6 Free’s For and a goal of his own.

After the Dragons got off the leash in the 3rd quarter, amassing a 26 point lead at 3 quarter time, it was always going to be hard to task to rein them back in. We tried our best but ultimately we fell short by 7 points.

1702892152117.png

1702892165647.png

CakeEater hotchilli Membling Cadsky krakouers

1702892349231.png

For the second week in a row, we travel to take on the Fighting Furies. GreyCrow broke even with NaturalDisaster in the Ruck, but took home the chocolates overall, slotting 3 majors on the way to our first victory of the season. hotchilli continued his hot form with 17 disposals, 2 goals and 7 tackles. Memphis also having a cracker with 21 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal.

The first quarter was more one sided than the score line would suggest, with the Royals kicking an inaccurate 2.5 (17) to the Furies 1.3 (9) but it was all the Royals way this game, winning by 79 points despite a woefully inaccurate score line.

1702892384028.png

1702892405228.png
GreyCrow krakouers Membling Brenton Davy grumbleguts

1702892561091.png

Week 3 and we finally played our first home game of the season, with big crowds rushing through the gates to cheer us on after we easily disposed of the Furies last week. Although full of confidence, this game would prove to be far from easy. The Royals burst out of the gate, kicking 5 goals to 2 in the first quarter, with 5 individual goal scorers grumbleguts, Smartys Power, nahnah, caesar88 & Membling. The rest of the match would prove to be more difficult as the Gumbies put the clamps on. The Royals maintained a steady lead throughout the match until we run out of puff in the last, eventually being overrun and falling short by 3 points.

hotchilli & Membling combined for 17 tackles between them to be the dominant Royals players on the field.

1702892591077.png

1702892604243.png
GreyCrow krakouers hotchilli grumbleguts gouki88

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1702892978149.png

A second home game in a row against the Phoenix and the cloudy conditions made for and absolute belter of a game. The Royals once again started the game is fine style, leading by 10 points at the first break, 25 at the second and 33 at the last. But just like last week, we fell off in the last quarter and gave up 11 goals to hand the Phoenix a 9 point victory. Internally there have been suggestions our fitness is not up to standard, dropping two games from very winnable positions.

grumbleguts & nahnah combined for 9 goals, while Golumless kicked 3 of his own. Membling had 30 disposals and 7 tackles for a BOG performance.

1702893004952.png

1702893017974.png

grumbleguts Membling Cadsky gouki88 Brenton Davy

1702893135504.png

Rd 5 we headed out to Las Vegas to take on the Bears and also see some of the local sights as SarahSmiles celebrated his 200th SFA match in style. Once the match rolled around it was game on. Unfortunately it seemed we celebrated SarahSmiles 200th a little too hard during the week and we were never really in it. The bears lead at every change and eventually won by 26 points.

grumbleguts kicked 5 goals from his 6 opportunities. gouki88 shared the ruck duties with GreyCrow, collecting 18 disposals to go with his 6 hit out’s. It was a game to forget for SarahSmiles with just the 1 goal from 1 kick.

1702893179770.png

1702893190661.png
grumbleguts krakouers SarahSmiles Cadsky gouki88

S36 Leading Goal Kicker
S36 Leading Goal Kicker

Lets all take a moment to acknowledge our leading goal kicker for Season 36, with 39 goals, grumbleguts! Congratulations mate and terrific effort!

1702893387727.png

Right. Which posts do I need to start deleting to ensure that my old mate hotchilli wins this thing??

Oh also hello new team mates 🙂
Welcome mate! i'd suggest you start with the posts where krakouers removes his clothes

1702893690915.png

Taking on the Warriors is always an enjoyable week and this week was no exception. When the qooty was bounced, we were desperate to make up for our poor recent form and got away to an early lead at quarter time. The second term saw the Warriors gain control and lead by 8 points at the long break. The Wazzas skipped away for a 3 goal lead at the last break and although we tried to real them in, it wasn’t quite enough, going down at home by 8 points.

Another 5 goals to grumbleguts to be the dominant FF on the day wasn’t enough to get us over the line. Ulahoopski tried hard with 6 tackles but otherwise our defensive pressure fell away today. Brenton Davy & krakouers also had a good day with 25 and 24 disposals respectively.

1702893721972.png

1702893733660.png
grumbleguts Brenton Davy krakouers CakeEater Cadsky

View attachment 1874444

Week 3 and we finally played our first home game of the season, with big crowds rushing through the gates to cheer us on after we easily disposed of the Furies last week. Although full of confidence, this game would prove to be far from easy. The Royals burst out of the gate, kicking 5 goals to 2 in the first quarter, with 5 individual goal scorers grumbleguts, Smartys Power, nahnah, caesar88 & Membling. The rest of the match would prove to be more difficult as the Gumbies put the clamps on. The Royals maintained a steady lead throughout the match until we run out of puff in the last, eventually being overrun and falling short by 3 points.

hotchilli & Membling combined for 17 tackles between them to be the dominant Royals players on the field.

View attachment 1874445

View attachment 1874446
GreyCrow krakouers hotchilli grumbleguts gouki88
Rigged!
I deliberately gave you $50 to not get votes this round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back