Official Team Thread 🐻 Las Vegas Bears S36 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ 🎰 - Viva Las Bears - Congratulations Millky95 BnF Winner 🐻

Remove this Banner Ad

New Player Arrival

In S29, a young British Chipmunk who was homesick for his Aussie home away from home gate-crashed into the world of Sweet. After being scouted out by several teams and after much deliberation, Chippy landed at East Side. His lack of need for sleep and little-known tendency to sparkle in the sun made him attractive to other clubs including the Vampires, but he stayed on, becoming the King of Discord, Captain, and remaining a strategic Chess/Werewolf Champion. A star of the league, Chippy collected three All-SFA selections and four top 20 beez finishes in just 5 complete seasons whilst being the face of a magical rebrand by day and running the glamorous ChippyBet by night. Chippy's retirement at his peak in S34 sent shockwaves throughout the competition, even amongst those of us who were warned that it was coming.

A year later, the opportunity to play alongside multiple friends whilst being compensated handsomely with a deal worth 4,444,444,444 nuts with a SALON allowance was too good to refuse, even after paying out his many fans who had taken up the long ChippyBet odds offered for a comeback. Therefore on the eve of the S37 season thanks to the hard work from Barely Legal/Pawly Represented and 'favourable' qoin/nut conversion rates, Las Vegas proudly announces its merger with ChippyBet.

Welcome aboard Chipmunk. Let's play!

View attachment 1892590
Thank you to MWPP for the writeup.
6D8435E2-1B2E-4254-9702-7DA611198943.gif
Chipmunk

Dance Dancing GIF

looking in good knick too Chipmunk

Sorry about the break, the Warden turned off the internet in my prison cell.

Qualifying Final
Ted Lasso's Review
Our first final in four seasons, and who do we face? The ragtag bunch from Baghdad. Now, I've heard about their sandstorms, but what they didn't see coming was a storm of goals from our mighty boots. We kicked eight in the first quarter, another half a dozen in each of the 2nd and 3rd quarters, giving us a lead as big as a bear's appetite at the last break. Now, to ensure no one got any funny ideas about hitting the pub early, I pulled a little Ted Lasso magic. I had the governor of Las Vegas shut down every pub in town for the day. You see, sometimes, you've got to make sacrifices for the greater good, like winning our first final in 10 seasons.

17.jpg

Preliminary Final (Art Vandelay_ plays us into the Grand Final)
Ted Lasso's Review
In the prelim final against the Demons, we were on a mission, and let me tell you, we executed that mission with the precision of a bear catching a salmon. First quarter, we roared out with seven goals, a start so hot it could've melted the Snow Dome had we been playing there. Then, just when the Demons thought they might have a chance, we dropped another seven bombs in the third quarter. Sealed the deal, locked up the game like a bear securing its honey stash and just like that we we're off to the grand final!

18.jpg

With only one game to go, we are down to just 2 people who can win. Will Millky95 hold on and win his 2nd Mateflon Medal or will Cap take back the lead and we his 4th Mateflon Medal. Join us tomorrow to find out.

LPF.jpg

Grand Final
Ted Lasso's Review
Well, my marvelous Bears, our grand final day might not have gone exactly as planned. After kicking the first goal of the game, the ball didn't bounce our way, especially in the second half, and, well, let's just say we became intimately acquainted with the taste of defeat.

19.jpg

Grand Final
Ted Lasso's Review
Well, my marvelous Bears, our grand final day might not have gone exactly as planned. After kicking the first goal of the game, the ball didn't bounce our way, especially in the second half, and, well, let's just say we became intimately acquainted with the taste of defeat.

View attachment 1892603
510DD883-F65F-4544-B3D9-23023B421E38.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great honour to announce the winner of the Mateflon Medal for season 36. This prestigious award recognises the best and fairest player for the Las Vegas Bears. And the winner is, Millky95!

This is his second Mateflon Medal, after winning it in season 34. He joins an elite group of Bears players who have won this award twice, such as Matera92, DemonJim, JoshWoodenSpoon, Cap (3 time winner), and MWPP, and cements his legacy as one of the club’s greatest players.

On-field, Millky95 had a brilliant season, finishing second in the Mobbs Medal. He was a tackling machine, with 94 tackles for the season, the 2nd highest in the league for this season. He also excelled in almost all stats except for marks (2nd last) and goals (6th), placing him in the top 4 of every stat for the Bears. He was a consistent performer, polling votes in all but two matches.

But Millky95 is not just a star player, but a star poster as well; he is also a versatile and adaptable one. He can change his style of posting to suit the opposition and the flow of the match thread. He can also switch between being a witty, informative, or persuasive poster, depending on the situation. He is a true team player, who always puts the club’s interests above his own.

There is only one thing that Millky95 does not like, and that is The Simpsons. He has never watched an episode of the iconic animated sitcom, and he is not a fan of its humour or characters. But we can forgive him for that, because he is such a great person. He is a role model, a leader for his club, and a champion for his fans.

Please join me in congratulating Millky95, the winner of the Mateflon Medal for season 36!

Mateflon Medal.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great honour to announce the winner of the Mateflon Medal for season 36. This prestigious award recognises the best and fairest player for the Las Vegas Bears. And the winner is, Millky95!

This is his second Mateflon Medal, after winning it in season 34. He joins an elite group of Bears players who have won this award twice, such as Matera92, DemonJim, JoshWoodenSpoon, Cap (3 time winner), and MWPP, and cements his legacy as one of the club’s greatest players.

On-field, Millky95 had a brilliant season, finishing second in the Mobbs Medal. He was a tackling machine, with 94 tackles for the season, the 2nd highest in the league for this season. He also excelled in almost all stats except for marks (2nd last) and goals (6th), placing him in the top 4 of every stat for the Bears. He was a consistent performer, polling votes in all but two matches.

But Millky95 is not just a star player, but a star poster as well; he is also a versatile and adaptable one. He can change his style of posting to suit the opposition and the flow of the match thread. He can also switch between being a witty, informative, or persuasive poster, depending on the situation. He is a true team player, who always puts the club’s interests above his own.

There is only one thing that Millky95 does not like, and that is The Simpsons. He has never watched an episode of the iconic animated sitcom, and he is not a fan of its humour or characters. But we can forgive him for that, because he is such a great person. He is a role model, a leader for his club, and a champion for his fans.

Please join me in congratulating Millky95, the winner of the Mateflon Medal for season 36!

View attachment 1892606
Wow. I am very surprised by this. Thank you so much for those kind words. The list of names with 2 Mateflon's is incredible and it is such an honour to have my name among them

It was such a fun season. To play my 200th, in a Grand Final isn't something many get to do and even fewer get to do it with a team and clubmates as amazing as you all.

Congratulations to all award winners. Welcome to the Bears Chipmunk I think you'll fit right in.

Thank you to tony for running the B&F and for this award. And given you literally cost me the Mobbs, it is the least you can do ;)

Thank you. Love you. Goodnight

With Cap only being able to get 4 votes in the Grand Final, the winner of the Mateflon Medal is Millky95, he has been outstanding in every aspect of the Qooty, and has bounced back from a narrow defeat to Cap last season. He has won the Mateflon Medal with 46 votes, just edging out Cap, who finished second with 43 votes. Congratulations to both of them for their fantastic seasons. In third place, we have Senor M , who finished with 30 votes, followed by RonnieRaven, who finished with 28 votes after only having 2 votes at the halfway point of the evening, he will be one to watch out for next season now that the Judges have started to notice him, and the returnees Tandy and guero, who both finished with 27 votes round out the top 5. Well done to all of them for their excellence and consistency throughout the season.

LGF.jpg
Full PQ Table.jpg

View attachment 1892606
Awesome work Millky95
Good season had
Let’s add a flag in 37

Hello, mates. We’ve come to the end of our piss-up. I hope you’ve had a bloody good time, and I thank you all for being here tonight. Sorry about that, all the beers must be getting to me.

Ladies and gentlemen, this brings us to the end of our award ceremony. I hope you have enjoyed this night as much as I have, and I thank you all for being here tonight.

I also want to thank you all for contributing this season, to make it one of the best seasons in Bears history. We have achieved so much together, and I’m proud of every single one of you.

I’m especially proud of how strong our club has become, and that is because of everyone in the team. We are more than just a team, we are a family. We support each other, we challenge each other, we celebrate each other. We are united by our love for Qooty, and our loyalty to the club.

You are all amazing players and people, and I’m honoured to be your captain. I look forward to seeing you all again next season, and I hope you have a wonderful night.
Congratulations again to all the award winners and Thank you, and go Bears!

Now I know why all those guys were dressed up as 80's pop singers. Take it away guys, lets end this night on a high.

With only one game to go, we are down to just 2 people who can win. Will Millky95 hold on and win his 2nd Mateflon Medal or will Cap take back the lead and we his 4th Mateflon Medal. Join us tomorrow to find out.

View attachment 1892599
Can we get the real leaderboard please. You know.... the one we're all interested in most.

Me vs the village idiot.

my honest votes up against his rigged ones.

Let me win next season's Mateflon and we'll have a race to 4 ;)
You know the two of you could let someone else win. Between you and Cap you guys have won 5 out of the last 8 Mateflons and if you name doesn't start with M or your named Cap, you can forget about winning.

mateflon winners.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back