Official Team Thread 🐻 Las Vegas Bears S37 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ 🎰 Viva Las Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 5 Review New
5.png

In the sun drenched arena of Abdu Prison, our clash with the winless Baghdad Bombers unfolded as a high octane drama. The Bombers, perhaps mistaking the game for a sprint rather than a marathon, burst out of the gates with the first two goals. Undeterred, our squad responded with the ferocity of a bear awakened from its slumber, slamming in 7 goals in the opening term to take a 9 point lead.

In a move that left spectators scratching their heads and comedians preparing their skits, Ted Lasso made the curious decision to bench Dingster just one minute into the game. Rumour has it, Dingster was pulled off because he mistakenly thought the game was a fashion show and attempted to strut down the field like it was a catwalk, much to the amusement (and confusion) of everyone watching.

As the game progressed into the second quarter, the goal scoring bonanza showed no signs of slowing down. It wasn't just a continuation, it turned into an all out goal fest. Both teams, caught in the rhythm of the game, traded goals with the enthusiasm of kids swapping stickers in the playground. Millky95, however, would be disappointed with himself as the Bears had kicked 8 straight goals before he managed our first behind. This initiated a series of points from his teammates, along with another miss from Millky himself, which could have extended our lead to a margin the Bombers might not have been able to come back from.

In the third term, the Bombers, having kicked the opening goal, managed to regain the lead. However, in a moment of ultimate teamwork and seldom seen camaraderie, Art Vandelay_ and Matera92 linked up to create a goal for Tandy.

3 : 2.07 {C} - Test Tickle waits and wins the hitout.
3 : 2.15 {lW} - Who wants it? Art Vandelay_ does. Great stuff.
3 : 2.19 {rW} - Handballs over the top to Matera92.
3 : 2.24 {CHF} - He looks for JoseMourinho.
3 : 2.28 {CHF} - Nice grab by JoseMourinho.
3 : 2.31 {CHF} - JoseMourinho wants to get on with proceedings.
3 : 2.35 {CHF} - Hands it off to Millky95.
3 : 2.4 {CHF} - Millky95 has time to take a bounce.
3 : 2.44 {FF} - Long handpass to the running Tandy.
3 : 2.48 {FF} - Tandy may even have goaled.
3 : 2.52 {FF} - Top goal.

This inspired the Bears, with JoseMourinho and Jezmiester40 kicking crucial goals to extend the Bears' lead to a slender 9 points at three quarter time. With the Bears showcasing their best performances in the final quarter this season, only conceding 5 goals in their previous 4 games while kicking 19 of their own, fans were quietly confident of a Bears win.

MWPP opened the final quarter with a goal, extending the Bears' lead to 15 points, and the Bears' fourth quarter excellence seemed set to continue. The two teams engaged in a goal swapping affair, with Tony finding himself up forward kicking 2 goals, after Ted Lasso had shifted him forward in an inexplicitly weird move instead of keeping the in form Cap in front of the goals. Just when the Bears seemed poised for victory, the game took an unexpected turn, with the Bombers kicking four goals in six minutes, snatching back the lead. Shinster and Electronic_Renaissance both had changes to bring the Bears back into the game but both missed their chances and the Bombers would hang on for the win.

4 : 23.08 {rFP} - The bounce favours Dingster and he is off and running.
4 : 23.12 {rFP} - Dingster slams the ball at goal.
4 : 23.16 {rFP} - Oh no. It's come off his shin.

Stats wise it was a pretty even week with no one having more than 20 touches this week. Matera had 20 touches and 7 Marks and Millky got 20 touches and 5 tackles while milking 3 free kicks. Test Tickle monstered the Bombers in the ruck winning 21 hitouts, 15 touches and a goal. Art got 18 touches, so did Chipmunk who preferred to quickly feed his team mates the ball with 15 handballs. RonnieRaven 18 and a goal. kane249 also got 18. Tandy got 17 touches, 5 tackles and 5 free kicks.

MWPP and Jez each kicked three goals, while Cap, Shadow Man, and Tony contributed two each. Jose, Ronnie, Tandy, and Testy chipped in with one goal each.

With our three game winning streak halted, we set our sights on redemption, aiming to reclaim a spot on the winners' list in this weeks clash as we head to Coney Island to take on the Warriors.

Rd 5 Scorecard.png

Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

Ted Lasso Review.png

Alright, gather 'round, my fine Bears, let's chat about that game at Abdu Prison against the Bombers. Now, I know the scoreboard didn't exactly smile our way this time, and that last quarter, well, it was a bit like we accidentally opened the floodgates. But here's the thing about floodgates, once you know where they are, you can learn how to keep 'em closed next time.

Now, about benching Dingster one minute in. You see, I noticed right from the get-go, Dingster had this look in his eyes, the kind that said, "I'm about to do something memorable." And he sure did – sprinted the wrong way. I figured, maybe he just needed a quick reminder of which way we're aiming. It's all part of the learning curve, and let me tell you, Dingster's curve is as exciting as a rollercoaster.

And switching Cap for tony, our defender who's more known for stopping goals than scoring 'em? Well, I had a bit of a hunch. You know, sometimes you gotta shake things up, throw a little unexpected into the mix. It's like when you're baking a cake and decide to toss in a handful of chili flakes, it might not be for everyone, but it sure makes things interesting. Tony stepping in was our chili flakes moment. Did it work out? Maybe not in the traditional sense. But it showed us all that we're a team ready to adapt, to try new things, and to support each other, no matter how surprising the play.

But let me highlight a moment that was pure magic, Art Vandelay_ and Matera92 working together to create a goal. If you ever needed proof that miracles can happen when you believe in them enough, that was it. It was like watching two comets collide and light up the sky, unexpected, astonishing, and utterly breathtaking. It showed us all what's possible when we come together, combine our strengths, and keep faith in one another.

Losses are tough, no doubt about it. But it's not the loss that defines us; it's what we do after. It's the getting back up, the dusting off, and the showing up again, ready to give our all. Because that's what Bears do. We learn, we grow, and we keep moving forward, together. And remember, every day, every game, is a chance to be a little bit better. So, let's take this, learn from it, and head to Coney Island with our heads held high, ready for whatever comes our way. Onward, my Bears!​

View attachment 1919771

Alright, gather 'round, my fine Bears, let's chat about that game at Abdu Prison against the Bombers. Now, I know the scoreboard didn't exactly smile our way this time, and that last quarter, well, it was a bit like we accidentally opened the floodgates. But here's the thing about floodgates, once you know where they are, you can learn how to keep 'em closed next time.

Now, about benching Dingster one minute in. You see, I noticed right from the get-go, Dingster had this look in his eyes, the kind that said, "I'm about to do something memorable." And he sure did – sprinted the wrong way. I figured, maybe he just needed a quick reminder of which way we're aiming. It's all part of the learning curve, and let me tell you, Dingster's curve is as exciting as a rollercoaster.

And switching Cap for tony, our defender who's more known for stopping goals than scoring 'em? Well, I had a bit of a hunch. You know, sometimes you gotta shake things up, throw a little unexpected into the mix. It's like when you're baking a cake and decide to toss in a handful of chili flakes, it might not be for everyone, but it sure makes things interesting. Tony stepping in was our chili flakes moment. Did it work out? Maybe not in the traditional sense. But it showed us all that we're a team ready to adapt, to try new things, and to support each other, no matter how surprising the play.

But let me highlight a moment that was pure magic, Art Vandelay_ and Matera92 working together to create a goal. If you ever needed proof that miracles can happen when you believe in them enough, that was it. It was like watching two comets collide and light up the sky, unexpected, astonishing, and utterly breathtaking. It showed us all what's possible when we come together, combine our strengths, and keep faith in one another.

Losses are tough, no doubt about it. But it's not the loss that defines us; it's what we do after. It's the getting back up, the dusting off, and the showing up again, ready to give our all. Because that's what Bears do. We learn, we grow, and we keep moving forward, together. And remember, every day, every game, is a chance to be a little bit better. So, let's take this, learn from it, and head to Coney Island with our heads held high, ready for whatever comes our way. Onward, my Bears!​
93787546-D379-43E9-92A7-8A4460348819.gif
Chipmunk Ronnies sizzler diet looks like it’s starting to work it’s magic!
15 handballs!
with your pythons they should be marked Down as kicks.
Keep up the good work brother!

View attachment 1919771

Stop making excuses. This loss is on you. Strike 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ted Lasso is finally taking action against Electronic_Renaissance after coming back as "a bit tubby" and has been moved to a new location. ER the good news is you got the top floor with some incredible views. The bad news is the lift isn't working.

1709619036007.png

RookiePick 250 Milestone.jpg

As we approach this monumental game for RookiePick, it's only fitting we take a moment to celebrate not just the player, but the journey. From his very first step onto the field in Season 22 to his 250th game, Rookiepick has been nothing short of a spectacle, a blend of sheer talent and comedic gold on the field.

The Draft That Changed Everything​

Remember back in Season 21? After a heart wrenching loss in the elimination final against the Wonders, our hopes were pinned on the draft. Enter RookiePick, selected at pick 8, a young athlete whose physical prowess was only matched by his uncanny ability to leave spectators both bewildered and entertained.

Beyond the Field​

What makes RookiePick a legend isn't just his on field antics; it's his resilience, his unyielding spirit, and his commitment to the team. From pulling off impossible plays to those moments where you can't help but laugh at his unique way of "strategising," RookiePick embodies the heart and soul of what it means to be part of this team.

A Debut to Remember​

Debuting against the Demons, RookiePick wasn't just a breath of fresh air, he was a hurricane on the field. Accumulating an impressive 15 disposals, his debut was not only about his ability to handle the ball but also showcased his fiery spirit. He challenged the opposition at every opportunity, giving away several free kicks in a display of raw, unfiltered competitiveness. This debut wasn't just a game, it was a statement that echoed throughout Season 22. As an integral component of our premiership push, RookiePick's form surged, particularly towards the season's end, where he averaged over 20 possessions and a goal in each of his last six games leading to the grand final. Though he was quieter in the Grand Final, his earlier contributions were pivotal in our path to lifting the premiership cup.

RookiePick big mark.jpg

The Highs and Lows​

RookiePick's career has been a rollercoaster of dazzling highs and comical lows. His S23 masterclass against the Roys is unforgettable, where he notched up a staggering 40 disposals, earning him 148 DT points. Yet, alongside these moments of brilliance, RookiePick has also left us scratching our heads, especially with his 5 'donut games' and a notably rare minus DT game. In this infamous game, he somehow managed to finish with a negative score of -2, even though he took a mark and earned a free kick but, oddly enough, didn't manage a single disposal. To make it more baffling, he then gave away 2 free kicks. This mix of highs and lows perfectly captures the unique and immensely talented athlete that RookiePick is, making every game an unpredictable but eagerly awaited spectacle.

Here's to RookiePick​

As we gear up to cheer him on for his 250th game, let's remember every pass, goal, blunder, and burst of brilliance that has made his journey so unforgettable. RookiePick isn't just a player; he's a story, a one man highlight reel that keeps us all guessing what will come next.

So, here's to you, RookiePick, may your 250th game be as memorable as your first (but maybe with fewer free kicks given away). Your journey has been a joy to be a part of, and we can't wait to see what you do next.

RookiePick's Stats​

RookiePick was the 68th player to debut for the Las Vegas Bears and has played the 4th most amount of games for the club.

Rookiepick Stats.jpg

View attachment 1922226

As we approach this monumental game for RookiePick, it's only fitting we take a moment to celebrate not just the player, but the journey. From his very first step onto the field in Season 22 to his 250th game, Rookiepick has been nothing short of a spectacle, a blend of sheer talent and comedic gold on the field.

The Draft That Changed Everything​

Remember back in Season 21? After a heart wrenching loss in the elimination final against the Wonders, our hopes were pinned on the draft. Enter RookiePick, selected at pick 8, a young athlete whose physical prowess was only matched by his uncanny ability to leave spectators both bewildered and entertained.

Beyond the Field​

What makes RookiePick a legend isn't just his on field antics; it's his resilience, his unyielding spirit, and his commitment to the team. From pulling off impossible plays to those moments where you can't help but laugh at his unique way of "strategising," RookiePick embodies the heart and soul of what it means to be part of this team.

A Debut to Remember​

Debuting against the Demons, RookiePick wasn't just a breath of fresh air, he was a hurricane on the field. Accumulating an impressive 15 disposals, his debut was not only about his ability to handle the ball but also showcased his fiery spirit. He challenged the opposition at every opportunity, giving away several free kicks in a display of raw, unfiltered competitiveness. This debut wasn't just a game, it was a statement that echoed throughout Season 22. As an integral component of our premiership push, RookiePick's form surged, particularly towards the season's end, where he averaged over 20 possessions and a goal in each of his last six games leading to the grand final. Though he was quieter in the Grand Final, his earlier contributions were pivotal in our path to lifting the premiership cup.

View attachment 1922233

The Highs and Lows​

RookiePick's career has been a rollercoaster of dazzling highs and comical lows. His S23 masterclass against the Roys is unforgettable, where he notched up a staggering 40 disposals, earning him 148 DT points. Yet, alongside these moments of brilliance, RookiePick has also left us scratching our heads, especially with his 5 'donut games' and a notably rare minus DT game. In this infamous game, he somehow managed to finish with a negative score of -2, even though he took a mark and earned a free kick but, oddly enough, didn't manage a single disposal. To make it more baffling, he then gave away 2 free kicks. This mix of highs and lows perfectly captures the unique and immensely talented athlete that RookiePick is, making every game an unpredictable but eagerly awaited spectacle.

Here's to RookiePick​

As we gear up to cheer him on for his 250th game, let's remember every pass, goal, blunder, and burst of brilliance that has made his journey so unforgettable. RookiePick isn't just a player; he's a story, a one man highlight reel that keeps us all guessing what will come next.

So, here's to you, RookiePick, may your 250th game be as memorable as your first (but maybe with fewer free kicks given away). Your journey has been a joy to be a part of, and we can't wait to see what you do next.

RookiePick's Stats​

RookiePick was the 68th player to debut for the Las Vegas Bears and has played the 4th most amount of games for the club.

View attachment 1922227

Aww shucks!

Go bears!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back