Official Team Thread 🐻 Las Vegas Bears S36 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ 🎰 - Viva Las Bears - Congratulations Millky95 BnF Winner 🐻

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5
Ted Lasso's Review
Round 5, the week the Royals graced us with their presence. They probably expected us to bow down, but there was no chance of that happening. We led from start to finish, and if they were looking for a throne, they'd have better luck finding one at a public restroom! Us Bears put on a regal performance, and I couldn't help but wonder if the Royals were taking notes on how to kick goals instead of royal decrees. Perhaps they thought they were attending a royal tea party, but it turned out to be a Qooty fiesta, and the Bears were the hosts with the most.

5.jpg

Round 6
Ted Lasso's Review
For three quarters, the old boys gave us a run for our money, and by the end of the third, it was a deadlock. It was like watching a chess match, only with more tackles and fewer kings. But in the last quarter, it was declared Whacking Day in Las Vegas, and we certainly did whack them with 7 goals to nothing. It seems our Bears transformed from chess masters to goal-kicking whackers in the blink of an eye!

6.jpg

Hi guys 👋🏼

My name is Remy the Rat

I have just moved to Sin City & saw the lights on upstairs

Looking forward to seeing who is the Top Bear tonight

I thought you retired?

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now ready to present the next awards for the night: the Best Forward and Best Rookie Awards.

The Best Forward Award goes to a player who has been a star in our forward line, kicking goals and creating opportunities for our team. She has been brilliant, consistent, and dangerous in every game, kicking 33 goals for the season, which is a great effort for someone who played forward pocket all season and only two behind the leading goalkicker for the Bears, JoseMourinho. She has also been a great poster, adding to the match threads with her wit, charm, and enthusiasm. She has been known to snack on Jez's Curry Puff before every match, saying that they give her energy and luck, and judging by her season she may be right. MWPP is a fantastic player and was awarded with a spot in this season's All-SFA side and she deserves this award. Please give a big round of applause to MWPP!

The Best Rookie Award goes to a player who has been a revelation in our forward line, bringing his park the bus style of play to the Bears and not allowing the opposition defence to remove the ball from our forward line. He has been amazing, strong, and relentless in every game, also winning the Bears Leading Goalkicker award with 35 goals for the season. He has also been a good poster, contributing to the match threads with his sarcasm, humour, and attitude. He is a remarkable player and a cheeky bear. He has been known to say things like "I can't speak or else I get in trouble" or "The referees are against us" or "We are the best team in the world". He has also been known to berate the umpires before, during, and after a game, sometimes even following them into the car park. He has been a joy and a troublemaker this season, and he deserves this award. Please give a huge round of applause to JoseMourinho!

Congratulations to MWPP and JoseMourinho, you have both had outstanding seasons and you deserve these awards. Well done!

Best FWD & Rookie.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now ready to present the next awards for the night: the Best Forward and Best Rookie Awards.

The Best Forward Award goes to a player who has been a star in our forward line, kicking goals and creating opportunities for our team. She has been brilliant, consistent, and dangerous in every game, kicking 33 goals for the season, which is a great effort for someone who played forward pocket all season and only two behind the leading goalkicker for the Bears, JoseMourinho. She has also been a great poster, adding to the match threads with her wit, charm, and enthusiasm. She has been known to snack on Jez's Curry Puff before every match, saying that they give her energy and luck, and judging by her season she may be right. MWPP is a fantastic player and was awarded with a spot in this season's All-SFA side and she deserves this award. Please give a big round of applause to MWPP!

The Best Rookie Award goes to a player who has been a revelation in our forward line, bringing his park the bus style of play to the Bears and not allowing the opposition defence to remove the ball from our forward line. He has been amazing, strong, and relentless in every game, also winning the Bears Leading Goalkicker award with 35 goals for the season. He has also been a good poster, contributing to the match threads with his sarcasm, humour, and attitude. He is a remarkable player and a cheeky bear. He has been known to say things like "I can't speak or else I get in trouble" or "The referees are against us" or "We are the best team in the world". He has also been known to berate the umpires before, during, and after a game, sometimes even following them into the car park. He has been a joy and a troublemaker this season, and he deserves this award. Please give a huge round of applause to JoseMourinho!

Congratulations to MWPP and JoseMourinho, you have both had outstanding seasons and you deserve these awards. Well done!

View attachment 1892543
0CD34177-2089-445E-9301-0D4E05D48A1C.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 7
Ted Lasso's Review
Round 7 took us on a sandy adventure to Baghdad to face the Bombers, and let me tell you, I was picking sand out of my mustache for weeks afterwards! Now, let's talk about the game. Much like the week before, it was a nail-biter for three quarters. But in that final quarter, it was like a desert storm hit as we banged home 6 goals, and the Bombers came crashing back down into the sand, as we made it 3 wins in a row.

7.jpg

Round 8
Ted Lasso's Review
Well, we faced our underground rivals, the Rats, and those sneaky critters took all the cheese in the first quarter, getting out to a large lead. But you know what, my Bears? We never stopped believing. Slowly but surely, we started to nibble away at that lead over the next two quarters. In the last quarter, we roared back to life, coming within a whisker of a remarkable comeback. The clock just ticked a bit too fast, but the fight was there, and that's what matters.

8.jpg

Round 7
Ted Lasso's Review
Round 7 took us on a sandy adventure to Baghdad to face the Bombers, and let me tell you, I was picking sand out of my mustache for weeks afterwards! Now, let's talk about the game. Much like the week before, it was a nail-biter for three quarters. But in that final quarter, it was like a desert storm hit as we banged home 6 goals, and the Bombers came crashing back down into the sand, as we made it 3 wins in a row.

View attachment 1892544
0584B6F2-63D3-4996-B1C3-3DA7A2256773.gif

Round 3
Ted Lasso's Review
Our first quarter against the Warriors was like a perfectly brewed cup of tea – smooth, warming, and everyone enjoying the sips. But, folks, the next three quarters, well, let's just say it was like we accidentally added salt instead of sugar. It's okay; we all have our moments in the kitchen.

View attachment 1892528
Flag on the play.

A piss poor 4.3 in a trouncing gets 3 votes?!
The rigging has begun early this season

Las Vegas Bears Life Membership

Do you know what it takes to be a life member of the Las Vegas Bears Qooty Club? Well, you have to play 150 games for the club. That’s right, 150 games. This is a huge deal, because it means you have been loyal, dedicated, and outstanding at Qooty for centuries. Or, at least, it feels like centuries.

However, there are some players who have reached this milestone, but they didn’t get their award when they should have. Why? Because Matera92, the wise and benevolent leader, decided to stop awarding life membership when he realised Art Vandelay_ was coming up on this achievement and there was no way he was going to award Art with anything other than a kick in the ass. So Art and many others missed out on receiving their life membership. Tonight, much to the delight of Matera, we will fix that all up. So please give a big round of applause to the following players who receive life membership to the Las Vegas Bears Qooty Club:

hilly, Magruder, Art Vandelay_, RookiePick, Jezmiester40, JoshWoodenSpoon, Test Tickle, and MWPP.

Dingster has compiled for us a list of achievements, that each of these wonderful people have done during their time at the Bears.

Hilly - a key figure in Bears' history being the heart and soul in our formation in S5 and was tempted back in S18 for our second crack at it. Played 212 games for the Bears including coming off the bench in our S22 premiership side with a lazy 21 possies. Became a Bears HoF member in S21.

Art Vandelay_ - the BS artist formerly known as Doctor Gero. Apart from being one of those two angry muppet dudes with Matera92, he was a key LG member in our golden era including playing in the centre (alongside Matera) in our S22 premiership side. Gero has played 293 games for the Bears and won a Captain's Award, something Matera has never done. Gero was honoured with Bears' HoF in S35.

Fun fact - RookiePick (CHF), Magdaddy (FP) and Jez (FP) formed the golden triangle of our S22 premiership side.

Magruder
- Affectionately known as Magdaddy. Played 180 games and a member of our S22 premiership side. Also was a valuable member of the LG including our premiership season. A top notch poster in that era and we really need to lure Magdaddy back for another 20 games to reach the big 200.

RookiePick - A true Bears stalwart playing 244 games and counting. The CHF of our S22 premiership team and elevated to LG in S23. I think it's only fitting to share his welcome message in the LG - "Great honour to be included etc etc...now where is the really high class blow and hookers you leadership types keep to yourselves! I have got a nose like Harley Bennell and a schlong like someone with a comically large schlong and they both need to celebrate this recognition!"

jezmiester40 - Cult hero of the Bears infamously signing up just hours before the squad deadline saving the Bears from not having the minimum numbers. Was FP in our S22 premiership side kicking a crucial goal on/after the three quarter time siren (we won by 2 points). In 208 games is the Bears all time leading goal scorer with 286 goals despite never playing FF. Is a nerd.

JoshWoodenSpoon - won more awards than Tayla Swift including 6 All SFA, 4 seasons as captain, 2 Mateflons, back to back beez and some of the finest media in all of Sweet. How JWS won all those All SFA's with those helicopter kicks from FB we'll never know. He must have some pictures of......NVM. Joshy deservedly made the Bears' HoF in S35.

Test Tickle - former captain playing 156 games for the Bears, won a Mateflon, a couple of best club player and has show more diversity than a sesh in the showers winning best defender and best mid awards. Testy is truly perpetual motion running down the wing.

MWPP - el capitano for 3 seasons, MWPP has played 156 games for the Bears (225 overall). She won 3 All SFA awards (2 as CHB and last season as a small forward. That must have been some off season!). MWPP also has 2 Mateflons, 2 captain's awards, best club player and best defender. She always puts the team first and is one heck of a dance partner.

Life Membership.jpg

Looking good!!

_113919861_hi045965426.jpg

That was my cousin The Cheese 😉

I preferred it when people changed their username to indicate a persona change rather than an empty threat to delete your account

Remove this Banner Ad

Back