Official Team Thread 🐻 Las Vegas Bears S35 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ - Congratulations Cap BnF Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

That concludes the Bears Best and Fairest for S35, I want to thank you all for joining in over the past 2 nights as we celebrated the achievements of our players. I want to extend a special congratulations to all of our award winners, especially Cap, the only 3 time winner of the Mateflon Medal and JoshWoodenSpoon and Art Vandelay_ on their induction into the Bears Hall of Fame.

I would like to thank the LG for their help in putting this Best and Fairest together and for helping me throughout this season, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you all.

"Finally, I want to thank all of the Bears players – every one of you has contributed to the fun we have had this season and we look forward to next season, with the aid of our new recruits to make the Bears the best team in the Sweet FA.

"Thank you all again for joining us tonight, and I hope you have had a wonderful evening. Go Bears!"

Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your bear hats because we have an extra sizzling revelation about the prestigious Las Vegas Bears Mateflon Medal! You see, this magnificent award, with its gleaming surface and unique shape, has often been mistaken for a frying pan. Yes, you heard that right—a frying pan! It seems our beloved Mateflon Medal has a secret talent for doubling as a cooking utensil in a pinch. Who knew?

And speaking of frying pans, our esteemed winner Cap now has not one, not two, but three of these extraordinary Mateflon Medals in his possession! It's safe to say he's cooking up something special on and off the field. Perhaps he's planning to open a five-star restaurant or teach a masterclass in pancake flipping. We can only imagine the delicious surprises he has in store for us!

Cap's triumphant victory marks the third time he has claimed this illustrious award, solidifying his status as a bear of legendary proportions. He has etched his name into the history books, surpassing all others in the annals of Mateflon Medal greatness.

Playing in the ruck position, Cap showcased his skills with finesse, dominating the field like a bear on a mission. Well, that is until the coach decided to play musical chairs with him, dragging him to the bench or throwing him into unexpected positions like a confused bear caught in a honey trap. But fear not, Cap's resilience shone through, and he still managed to have a stellar season despite the coach's mischievous antics.

But let's not forget Cap's remarkable contributions off the field. He has been one of our most consistent match thread posters for multiple seasons, displaying a talent for delivering entertaining and insightful banter that rivals the most seasoned stand-up bears. His fellow teammates were so enamored by his posts that they couldn't help but shower him with votes in this peculiar category.

So, let's raise our spatulas, oops, I mean glasses, to Cap, the culinary connoisseur (thanks to ER for the lessons) and the bear with the frying... I mean Mateflon Medal collection! Congratulations, Cap, on this sizzling achievement. Your prowess in the ruck, your match thread banter, and now your culinary feats have left us in awe. May your frying pan adventures be as legendary as your Mateflon Medal triumphs, and may your big blue house forever be filled with the aroma of success and the sound of sizzling applause!

View attachment 1745467

View attachment 1745468
Congratulations Cap

Thanks tony and the Bears leadership for the great event.

Thanks everyone for a great season, apart from not winning much and not making the finals, the Bears keep me coming back to Bigfooty.

@metalcrushers ashes are far to heavy so everyone gets some at the after party

Hungry Comedy GIF by Cocaine Bear

Congrats to everyone who took home an award, some booze and a sex worker or three.

Well done to everyone who pulled on a Bears jumper this season, we were all winners, except on field, where we were very much all losers.

Congratulations Cap , you've managed to rouse me from my long slumber as I cannot be only a duel Mateflon winner when there's a triple winner at the club.

tony, I expect to be played in a gucci position next season.

To the Bears, in advance you can all congratulate your s36 Mateflon Winner, Matera92.

Art Vandelay_ , as always you sucked mightily and I beat you yet again, git gud scrub.

To the Leadership, thank you for all your hard work in making this thing happen.

You guys are the reason I get to rest on my laurels.

Congratulations Cap , you've managed to rouse me from my long slumber as I cannot be only a duel Mateflon winner when there's a triple winner at the club.

tony, I expect to be played in a gucci position next season.

To the Bears, in advance you can all congratulate your s36 Mateflon Winner, Matera92.

Art Vandelay_ , as always you sucked mightily and I beat you yet again, git gud scrub.

To the Leadership, thank you for all your hard work in making this thing happen.

You guys are the reason I get to rest on my laurels.
Sounds like a challenge

Time for a Bear Revival

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Cap!! Such a legend and cherished character of the club.

Let's have a bloody good year! 🐻

Ladies and gentlemen, gather around as we celebrate the rise of new stars in the realm of Qooty. Tonight, I have the utmost pleasure of presenting the highly esteemed Best Rookie award to a remarkable young player who has captured our hearts and sent shockwaves through the league. But before we dive into the limelight, let's give a thunderous round of applause to our fellow rookies, CountryLad and 4cunningTonneTruck. These lads have shown immense potential and contributed greatly to our team's success, leaving us in awe of their talent.

Now, let's direct our attention to the sensational young player who has secured the crown of Best Rookie, RonnieRaven! This rising star has burst onto the scene with the swag and charisma of a seasoned pro. His talent is as dazzling as his rhymes, and his rapping skills are on par with his footy finesse. Ronnieraven has proven that he can drop beats on the field and spit fire with his game.

In his rookie season, Ronnieraven has already made a significant impact. Not only was he ranked as the 5th best player for the Bears based on Dream Team points, but he also managed to set a unique record of giving away the most free kicks for the team, 22 in total! Ronnieraven has inadvertently perfected the art of giving away free kicks to the opposition. It's like he's conducting a symphony of rule violations that leaves umpires blowing their whistles in exasperation.

But jokes aside, Ronnieraven's ability to learn and grow from these experiences is commendable. Despite a few extra whistles, he has shown great resilience and determination, proving that mistakes can be stepping stones to success.

Congratulations, Ronnieraven, on winning the Best Rookie award! You have charmed us not only with your skills on the field but also with your lyrical prowess. May your journey with the Las Vegas Bears continue to be filled with electrifying moments, witty rhymes, and maybe a few less free kicks. Keep dropping those beats, mate!

View attachment 1745404
Grats RonnieRaven. You had a ripping first season. You have now activated the clause in your contract and have access to the full buffet. Good times!

Look out for CountryLad in S36. Being a country lad, he does things at his own pace but does great job!

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready to honour the heart and soul of our beloved Las Vegas Bears. Tonight, I have the absolute pleasure of announcing the winner of the highly esteemed Best Clubperson Award which was voting on by the playing group. This exceptional individual embodies the essence of what it means to be a true bear, and her name is MWPP!

MWPP is the epitome of bear greatness, and the team adores her with a passion that rivals her love for Harry Potter. She brings a touch of magic to our club, not only behind the scenes but also as an influential member of our esteemed Leadership group. MWPP's dedication and commitment to the Bears is truly spellbinding.

Whether it's organising team events, managing logistics, or brewing up some polyjuice potion for post-match celebrations, MWPP is always there, casting her enchanting charm on everything she does. She can multitask like Hermione Granger, juggle responsibilities like Fred and George Weasley, and bring the house down with laughter like the Marauders themselves.

MWPP's unwavering support and genuine care for her fellow bears make her an invaluable asset to our club. She's like the Remembrall of our team, always ensuring that no detail is forgotten, and that our spirits remain high.

So, let's raise our wands, oops, I mean glasses, to MWPP, the ultimate bearer of the Best Clubperson Award! Congratulations, MWPP, for enchanting us with your presence, spreading joy throughout the team, and proving that magic truly exists both on and off the field. We are honored to have you as part of our bear family!

View attachment 1745411
A two timer hey. That's why I missed you on the dance floor.

Congratulations
Jim Carrey Hug GIF

Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time to reveal the recipient of the highly esteemed Captain's Award. Let me start by saying that this decision was far from easy. There were so many outstanding individuals within our team who could have been worthy recipients of this prestigious honor. In fact, I changed my mind several times before ultimately settling on the winner.

Without further ado, I am thrilled to announce that the winner of the Captain's Award is none other than JoshWoodenSpoon! Give him a round of applause, folks!

Joshwoodenspoon, a remarkable member of our team and an invaluable part of our Leadership Group, has consistently demonstrated exceptional dedication and selflessness both on and off the field. His unwavering commitment to the team has been truly inspiring, providing valuable assistance in countless situations within the LG.

Now, I must admit, I'm at a loss for words. You see, I already used up all my creativity and wit during Josh's Hall of Fame induction last night. So, let's just pretend there's a hilarious and side-splitting joke here that leaves you all in fits of laughter. Trust me, it was the funniest thing ever!

Now, let's raise our glasses and toast to Joshwoodenspoon, the well deserving winner of the Captain's Award. Cheers, mate! May your future endeavours be filled with success, laughter, and an endless supply of wooden spoons!

View attachment 1745424
JoshWoodenSpoon is captain's pet. I wondered why tony puts you in a cage. Good for you.

Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your bear hats because we have an extra sizzling revelation about the prestigious Las Vegas Bears Mateflon Medal! You see, this magnificent award, with its gleaming surface and unique shape, has often been mistaken for a frying pan. Yes, you heard that right—a frying pan! It seems our beloved Mateflon Medal has a secret talent for doubling as a cooking utensil in a pinch. Who knew?

And speaking of frying pans, our esteemed winner Cap now has not one, not two, but three of these extraordinary Mateflon Medals in his possession! It's safe to say he's cooking up something special on and off the field. Perhaps he's planning to open a five-star restaurant or teach a masterclass in pancake flipping. We can only imagine the delicious surprises he has in store for us!

Cap's triumphant victory marks the third time he has claimed this illustrious award, solidifying his status as a bear of legendary proportions. He has etched his name into the history books, surpassing all others in the annals of Mateflon Medal greatness.

Playing in the ruck position, Cap showcased his skills with finesse, dominating the field like a bear on a mission. Well, that is until the coach decided to play musical chairs with him, dragging him to the bench or throwing him into unexpected positions like a confused bear caught in a honey trap. But fear not, Cap's resilience shone through, and he still managed to have a stellar season despite the coach's mischievous antics.

But let's not forget Cap's remarkable contributions off the field. He has been one of our most consistent match thread posters for multiple seasons, displaying a talent for delivering entertaining and insightful banter that rivals the most seasoned stand-up bears. His fellow teammates were so enamored by his posts that they couldn't help but shower him with votes in this peculiar category.

So, let's raise our spatulas, oops, I mean glasses, to Cap, the culinary connoisseur (thanks to ER for the lessons) and the bear with the frying... I mean Mateflon Medal collection! Congratulations, Cap, on this sizzling achievement. Your prowess in the ruck, your match thread banter, and now your culinary feats have left us in awe. May your frying pan adventures be as legendary as your Mateflon Medal triumphs, and may your big blue house forever be filled with the aroma of success and the sound of sizzling applause!

View attachment 1745467

View attachment 1745468
Grats Cap on another fantastic season. Well deserved and I guess funds another os trip. Maybe you could take Electronic_Renaissance with you and make him do the daily write ups and carry your bags.

Also well done Millky95 on pushing Cap all the way. A great season from you too friend.

Once again a warm welcome and welcome back to JoseMourinho guero and Tandy. S36 is going to be fun ride!

Congratulations Cap on taking away the biggest prize tonight, and also to Millky95 on your successful season too - so close! , Well done RonnieRaven - you have a promising year ahead
And also JoshWoodenSpoon - the captain’s award is a prestigious one
I’m honoured to win my second club man award

Thanks again for putting together this magical night tony

See you all next season
I am stoked that you are back guero my Mexican amigo :D

Let's aim for finals next season.
You set the bar low my friend. Paraphrasing Tommy B in that all-time classic* movie Major League: Let’s aim to win the whole ******* thing!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back