Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 7 - Sin City Swamprats v Las Vegas Bears at Underground Stadium [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

1710142777174.png

Last time they met
In Round 8 of Season 36 on an unusually rainy day at the Underground Stadium, the Swamprats stormed to a crucial 4 goal lead over the Bears at the first change. They lead the entire game and despite a scare late in the game as the Bears rallied and kept chipping away at the margin, it was too little too late for the Bears as the Swamprats prevailed in a 4 point thriller. Given the conditions, there were few individual highlights but GotTheGoodes (76 DT, 21 disposals, 1 goal) was all-class in a best on ground performance. For the Bears, Matera92 rewound the clock and defied the conditions by kicking 3 goals (with an additional 3 chances)

Last week
The Swamprats were held goalless in the opening term against the Old Boys but made up for it in the second term as they took a surprise 1 point lead at half time before continuing the momentum for the rest on the game en route to an upset 25 point away win ant555 (111 DT , 33 disposals, 7 marks) and BloodySwan (99 DT, 31 disposals) were outstanding as okeydoke7 capitalised with 4 goals. The Bears began strongly against the Warriors and stormed to a 20 point lead early in the first quarter before the game tightened for the remainder of the first half. In the end, the Bears had no answer for the Warriors in the second half and were left ruing their inaccuracy as they slumped to a 23 point loss. Big Man Test Tickle (101 DT, 17 hitouts, 5 tackles, 27 disposals) found some form and could hold is head high.

Prediction
Bears by 11

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post

We are back baby

band trumpet GIF by Justin Timberlake

I love how the algorithm gave us MOTR rather than the Bombers / Gumbies PF rematch
It must be our stellar recent form...

Also, hi philreich and jackster83

Someone said there was a cruisy week with the Rats going on in here?
Which I must say is odd, as all I see is a HECKEN HECKERS thread with the Rats!?!?!?!?!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how the algorithm gave us MOTR rather than the Bombers / Gumbies PF rematch

The Wonders were complaining earlier today that their game against the Hawks wasn't granted MOTR status. I for one think that Falconista made an excellent decision :).

Live footage of the Swamprats trying to get on our level.

giphy.gif

The Wonders were complaining earlier today that their game against the Hawks wasn't granted MOTR status. I for one think that Falconista made an excellent decision :).
That’s the equivalent of myself or Dingster considering Eagles versus North the match of the round without the Harley factor…

Anyway, astute move indeed by Falconista as it ensures the Gumbies remain the most under the radar reigning premiers of all time

Watch out for any irregular tips made based on current odds, Chipmunk

View attachment 1925236

Last time they met
In Round 8 of Season 36 on an unusually rainy day at the Underground Stadium, the Swamprats stormed to a crucial 4 goal lead over the Bears at the first change. They lead the entire game and despite a scare late in the game as the Bears rallied and kept chipping away at the margin, it was too little too late for the Bears as the Swamprats prevailed in a 4 point thriller. Given the conditions, there were few individual highlights but GotTheGoodes (76 DT, 21 disposals, 1 goal) was all-class in a best on ground performance. For the Bears, Matera92 rewound the clock and defied the conditions by kicking 3 goals (with an additional 3 chances)

Last week
The Swamprats were held goalless in the opening term against the Old Boys but made up for it in the second term as they took a surprise 1 point lead at half time before continuing the momentum for the rest on the game en route to an upset 25 point away win ant555 (111 DT , 33 disposals, 7 marks) and BloodySwan (99 DT, 31 disposals) were outstanding as okeydoke7 capitalised with 4 goals. The Bears began strongly against the Warriors and stormed to a 20 point lead early in the first quarter before the game tightened for the remainder of the first half. In the end, the Bears had no answer for the Warriors in the second half and were left ruing their inaccuracy as they slumped to a 23 point loss. Big Man Test Tickle (101 DT, 17 hitouts, 5 tackles, 27 disposals) found some form and could hold is head high.

Prediction
Bears by 11

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post
415507_22cb30aebc24e34b32f08b2075052df8.GIF

Why would we do that, when you have to come Underground?
We, the vague term for "LVB" does have to travel to the Swamp shithole this week.
No one said we'd be the one's in the jumpers on Sunday.

Always enough clueless tourists in Vegas will to try things out.
I, we, all of us alas, will be in the bar on Sunday.

You don't send a Ferrari out to plough fields.
Just like you don't send L.V Bears to Sin City.

The Falcorithm has a big case of recency bias, with just a hint of s**t-stirring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back