Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S36 - I identify as Royalty. S36 joint B&F winners grumbleguts & Brenton Davy. Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

1702893900318.png

The Swamprats joined us at the Golden Throne this week and it was a game to forget. Once again we started well to lead at quarter time but it was all the swamprats after that, finishing 32 point winners and sending us to our 5th loss in a row.

krakouers had 30 disposals to be our BOG. 4 goals to hotchilli was a pleasure to watch.

1702893928292.png

1702893939784.png
krakouers Brenton Davy hotchilli Cadsky grumbleguts

Right. Which posts do I need to start deleting to ensure that my old mate hotchilli wins this thing??

Oh also hello new team mates 🙂
We are a choc mint-inclusive club. Glad to see you have changed your ways.

View attachment 1874467

The Swamprats joined us at the Golden Throne this week and it was a game to forget. Once again we started well to lead at quarter time but it was all the swamprats after that, finishing 32 point winners and sending us to our 5th loss in a row.

krakouers had 30 disposals to be our BOG. 4 goals to hotchilli was a pleasure to watch.

View attachment 1874469

View attachment 1874470
krakouers Brenton Davy hotchilli Cadsky grumbleguts
I donate my votes to philreich

1702894743880.png

Heading on over to Spotswood this week as we take on the Old Balls. With our backs against the walls and our finals chance hanging by a thread, we really needed to make this one count and count it did. Although it was an arm wrestle most of the day, We prevailed at Spotswood by 10 points.

Brenton Davy was crucial with 26 disposals, 12 mark and 2 goals. Membling also pivotal with 23 disposals, 7 tackles and 2 goals. grumbleguts once again kicked a bag with a haul of 6 goals. Smartys Power making the most of his chances as an electric small forward, kicking 3 goals from 4 disposals.

1702894782081.png

1702894793151.png
grumbleguts Brenton Davy Membling Smartys Power krakouers

1702894911923.png

This one's for you AnUltimateRessie, I know you're watching!

Fresh off the Bye we faced the Wonders and eventual FRED medallist DenieD, who’s form carried over into this match with Royals Captain Cadsky struggling to keep him contained with 6 goals, but last weeks win had our tails up in the air and feeling rejuvenated for a crack at finals and we eventually walked away 50 point winners.

CakeEater booted 5 through the big sticks to go with his 25 disposals & 5 tackles. Bianconeri played a solid game also with 21 disposals and 2 goals.

1702895036143.png

1702895053251.png
Brenton Davy Membling CakeEater Bianconeri SarahSmiles

The Filth Wizard Award
Best Clubman Award - The Filth Wizard Award

It's really exciting to be able to introduce a fresh new award for our players come seasons end. The Best Clubman is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognize for any reason he feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Best Clubman award will be Match Thread posting, Media Threads, Leadership, League recognised award winners or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. The Best Clubman will be known as The Filth Wizard Award in honour of our longest serving Captain and much respected leaguewide poster, The Filth Wizard.

It is my honour to announce that the inaugural Flithy Award in season 36 goes to grumbleguts.

Grumbleguts had a team high 854 posts for the season, an average of 53.3 posts per match. GG also contributed to SFA media with his Relevant or not media threads. As well as participating in other media threads around the league, like Tonga Bob ’s McInnes Prize Shooping Competition. grumbleguts has been a consistent presence around the league in S36 and a thoroughly deserving winner of this prestigious award.

Congratulations grumbleguts!

Media - Rucks - Are they worth their pay cheque?

Media - Are tackles worth the suspension risk?

Media - Are disposals at your disposal when you want to win, or are they irrelevant?

Media - Relevant or Not: Kicks do you get a kick out of them?

Media - Relevant or not: Hand balls

Media - Relevant or Not: Umpires do they even matter?

1702895232545.png

We are a choc mint-inclusive club. Glad to see you have changed your ways.
I deliberately left this out of my pitch. Sorry Zevon
Evolve Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

View attachment 1874488

This one's for you AnUltimateRessie, I know you're watching!

Fresh off the Bye we faced the Wonders and eventual FRED medallist DenieD, who’s form carried over into this match with Royals Captain Cadsky struggling to keep him contained with 6 goals, but last weeks win had our tails up in the air and feeling rejuvenated for a crack at finals and we eventually walked away 50 point winners.

CakeEater booted 5 through the big sticks to go with his 25 disposals & 5 tackles. Bianconeri played a solid game also with 21 disposals and 2 goals.

View attachment 1874491

View attachment 1874492
Brenton Davy Membling CakeEater Bianconeri SarahSmiles
please dont remind me of this game. its very rude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really exciting to be able to introduce a fresh new award for our players come seasons end. The Best Clubman is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognize for any reason he feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Best Clubman award will be Match Thread posting, Media Threads, Leadership, League recognised award winners or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. The Best Clubman will be known as The Filth Wizard Award in honour of our longest serving Captain and much respected leaguewide poster, The Filth Wizard.

It is my honour to announce that the inaugural Flithy Award in season 36 goes to grumbleguts.

Grumbleguts had a team high 854 posts for the season, an average of 53.3 posts per match. GG also contributed to SFA media with his Relevant or not media threads. As well as participating in other media threads around the league, like Tonga Bob ’s McInnes Prize Shooping Competition. grumbleguts has been a consistent presence around the league in S36 and a thoroughly deserving winner of this prestigious award.

Media - Are disposals at your disposal when you want to win, or are they irrelevant?

View attachment 1874496
I'd like to thank Horatio my pet Siberian tiger. He saw me through. Whereas my neighbour saw through me (arsehole)

View attachment 1874496
Congrats guts on winning a [checks notes] Golden Filthy, well deserved. I’m sure we won’t hear the end of it in our next match thread though.

1702896967252.png

RD 11 and we travelled to the icy cold mountain tops of Mount Buller to take on the Demons. Winning two in a row against quality opposition meant we had a sniff of finals and we went into this one with our tails in the air. It was short lived though. By the time half time came around we were 3 goals down. Then, down by 20 at the 3 qtr time break, we did try to take it back in the last, falling 10 points short.

Full Back and team Captain Cadsky did a solid job on keeping Demons FF Wosh quiet with just the 1 goal. Electric small forward hotchilli bagged 3 majors from 3 disposals. GreyCrow had a solid game with 21 disposals to go with his 7 hit outs.

1702896997117.png

1702897009659.png
Cadsky GreyCrow Brenton Davy hotchilli grumbleguts

1702897144948.png

Another week to forget for the Royals. Poor quality banter from an opposition displaying their absolute best douchebaggery lead to low interest in the match thread for the week. Some players choosing to avoid the thread for the week while one even chose not to play. We lost the match of course. Not much else can be said here.

SarahSmiles had 13 hit outs with his 19 disposals and 5 tackles. Brenton Davy had 24 disposals and a goal.

1702897197471.png

1702897209929.png
GreyCrow Brenton Davy grumbleguts nahnah CakeEater

1702897321618.png

A huge game this week against the Roys in front of a huge home crowd as nahnah chalked up game number 200 #nahnah200. The Roys got out of the blocks early to lead at quarter time, but the Royals pegged it back to be all square at 8.6.54 apiece at half time. The arm wrestle continued the entire match but a solitary behind to go with his 5 goals was enough to see us get over the line by just 1 point.

12 HO’s and 24 disposals was a solid effort from the ageless GreyCrow. Blacky wound back the clock to register 3 goals of his own. Ulahoopski also finding form with 22 disposals, 9 marks and 2 tackles.

1702897395218.png

1702897406377.png
nahnah Brenton Davy grumbleguts hotchilli GreyCrow

1702897486588.png

We come into the second last match of the season with everything to play for. Its simple, really must win both of our last two matches to be any chance of a finals spot for S36. After another gruelling match against the Wazzas we walk away 5 point winners against the eventual runners up.

Brenton Davy had 6 marks and 27 disposals. CakeEater & Membling registered 11 tackles between them & grumbleguts did what grumbleguts does and kicked another bag of 4.

1702897516951.png

1702897527024.png
Brenton Davy grumbleguts gouki88 SarahSmiles Smartys Power

1702897601894.png

The last game of the H&A season and this was make or break. Win and we are a chance to make finals depending on other results. Lose and its all over. The Gumbies came to play as they pushed towards a drought breaking Premiership, it was all over at Half time with the Gumbies well in control, leading by 49 points. The Royals ultimately fell to the eventual premiers by 35 points after a small fight back, such was the class difference by the two teams.

gouki88 & grumbleguts both bagged 3 goals. SarahSmiles was on a mission with 22 disposals and 10 marks. & Smartys Power popped up for 7 disposals, 8 tackles and a goal.

1702897633978.png

1702897643108.png
grumbleguts Brenton Davy GreyCrow CakeEater Lomas

3rd place
In 3rd place tonight I’d like to Congratulate GreyCrow on another terrific season! An everlasting club stalwart who always performs both on and off the field. This club wouldn’t be the same without you. Well done GreyCrow!

1702897738853.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back