State of Origin SERIES XVIII - GRAND FINAL - ALLIES V VIC METRO - Bellerive Oval (incl. MVP pg 11)

Remove this Banner Ad

soo-grandy-png.1744638

After an eventful State of Origin series, we have reached the final chapter as the top of the table Allies host the champions of 3 years ago Vic Metro in the grand finale.

The Allies after a close first round loss to South Australia won the next three games by narrow margins to book a place in the grand final. Storming back in the final quarter against Vic Metro, holding off Vic Country and overcoming an early game deficit to power past Western Australia. Each time, the defence holding firm, keeping the opposition below 90 points. Every thing falling into place for the Allies after removing U2tigers from the ruck position.

Round 1: Allies 16.5 (101) lost to South Australia 17.8 (110) LINK
Round 2: Victoria Metro 12.9 (81) lost to Allies 12.17 (89) LINK
Round 3: Allies 15.7 (97) defeat Victoria Country 13.8 (86) LINK
Round 4: Western Australia 14.3 (87) lost to Allies 14.16 (100) LINK

Victoria Metro had the bye in the first round and lost to the Allies in their first match. But bounced back with a powerful performance against Western Australia and a tight contested win against South Australia. They suffered a defeat against Vic Country, but the margin was low enough for them to stay in the final on percentage.

Round 2: Victoria Metro 12.9 (81) lost to Allies 12.17 (89) LINK
Round 3: Victoria Metro 18.8 (116) defeat Western Australia 13.6 (84) LINK
Round 4: South Australia 12.7 (79) lost to Victoria Metro 14.6 (90) LINK
Round 5: Victoria Country 16.14 (110) defeated Victoria Metro 17.4 (106) LINK

:fire: Burning Questions :fire::

Victoria Metro captain NaturalDisaster failed to make a cogent point when attempting to attack administrator and league heartthrob Kennedy Parker. It was a truly embarrassing display where ND could not answer simple question, backpedaled on the point he was trying to make, was unable to substantiate any arguments. No wonder Vic Metro suffered a final quarter collapse with such ineptitude on display in leadership.

How will he fair this time?

crazy-homer-simpson.gif
510576fa08006883a8d0b7f35e1d8828822742c5.gifv

Will okeydoke7 confirm once and for all that he was destined to be a midfielder all along with a dominant performance in the State of Origin grand final and has in fact, for 350+ games been playing out of position? Can he add yet another line to his illustrious CV?

giphy.gif

With the combined intellectual power of grumbleguts and BRAB, will the two geniuses of the Allies be able to solve Qooty's greatest mysteries?
How the hell are Vic Metro still a thing?

mind-blown-tim-and-eric.gif

Will MayTheNorthBeWithU put on a performance in this grand final that Cadsky will finally acknowledge as EKA worthy?

taylor-swift.gif

Prediction:

Allies by 87 points.

damicky Dingster NaturalDisaster okeydoke7 you know the drill with team sheets.

NaturalDisaster good job on limping into the GF. Metro have low expectations and self esteem. Thanks for playing your role.
Wrong again Dingster ! VIC Metro have more than enough motivation going into the final mate.

The whole state of Victoria will be backing us to restore our reputation as the centre of the sporting universe.

We're going to stick it right up your mob !!!

badd124a503c3c418c09ac14e54bb625b72ed106

The whole state of Victoria will be backing us to restore our reputation as the centre of the sporting universe.

Water sports, maybe. I hear a few Mets enjoy some salty showers.

Just remember: yesterday's top is tomorrow's bottom...

giphy.gif

Wrong again Dingster ! VIC Metro have more than enough motivation going into the final mate.

badd124a503c3c418c09ac14e54bb625b72ed106
Great plan Sunny, but we all know how this ends. No funds to get it done and disappointment.

Water sports, maybe. I hear a few Mets enjoy some salty showers.

Just remember: yesterday's top is tomorrow's bottom...

giphy.gif
Have been paying attention Braklet ? I've been tearing it up on the wing for the Metros in this SoO.

Not sure (?) if there is some sort of award for player of the series or whatever but if there is, I'd have to be favourite.

The imaginary engraver doing the trophy has already PM'd me to check on the spelling of my name. What does that say ?

Religious really ?.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back