Most beautiful place you have visited

Remove this Banner Ad

Berchtesgaden. Middle of winter. Just me, the Alps and lots of snow with no other tourist in sight. Hitler had a good eye. Almost eerie in it's beauty in parts (the silence has a great effect), but truly beautiful.

Barcelona second. Waking up in Barceloneta with the Sun rising over the Mediterranean is a pretty special sight.

rick James said:
The Olgas - near Ayres Rock. Kings Canyon is tops as well.

Australia is the most beautiful country in the world, and I find it strange that so many people who never travel our great land go overseas to see beauty when they haven't experienced the best parts of Australia.

I fully agree with you rJ, some of the places in Oz are truly pants tightening.
For the cost of a little petrol you can see what people spend a fortune on
to see overseas.:confused:

I have been fortunate to visit many places around the world. Some of these include the places that other posters have mentioned and I agree with every one of them. There are some really amazing places to visit. Having said that, if I had to name the absolute, most beautiful place I have ever visited it would be Guilin in China. Guilin is a rural area with wonderful lush green rice paddy’s and fields, wide winding rivers and over a million miniature mountains which makes for amazing scenery everywhere you look.

embleygirl said:
Well i've never been overseas so my choice is close to home.

Wineglass Bay in the Freycinet National Park in Tasmania. Gorgeous beach with mountains surrounding it.

Beautiful place.

Also Iceland is great.
The Lamington national Park in SE QLD is spectaculaur.
Wonnongatta River Valley in Victoria is a great place to camp.Nice wide trout filled river, surounded by the Alps.Magic.

rick James said:
The Olgas - near Ayres Rock. Kings Canyon is tops as well.

Australia is the most beautiful country in the world, and I find it strange that so many people who never travel our great land go overseas to see beauty when they haven't experienced the best parts of Australia.

I have been to 30 countries but I have also been to every state and territory in Australia. I disagree with you that Australia is the most beautiful country in the world. That's just nationalist pride. Most country have their really beautiful spots.

Raskolnikov said:
I have been to 30 countries but I have also been to every state and territory in Australia. I disagree with you that Australia is the most beautiful country in the world. That's just nationalist pride. Most country have their really beautiful spots.

So if you had to choose one, which would it be? ;)

For me, I would have to say that Yosemite NP is tops. The place is simply awe-inspiring, even though it is now such a tourist trap and most of the people rarely, if ever, venture out of the valley, which is good for those of us like myself who like to explore a little more beyond the crowds.

That said, I found Tassie to be generally gorgeous and the mountains of Victoria are beautiful - generally very quiet, unspoiled and just vast. There is so much space there.

copernicus said:
So if you had to choose one, which would it be? ;)

I've already said that. Kyrgyzstan is awesome:thumbsu:

funkyfreo said:
Plitvice national Park in Croatia
Agreed, great place, good fun walking under the waterfalls along the boardwalks.

Australia has awesome places but i wouldn't say it's most beutiful place on earth. Just off the top of my head i rate RioDeJaniero as pretty amazing, Iguassu Falls, Amalfi Coast, Florida Quays, Peruvian Andes, islands of Hvar and Korchula, Santorini, Oludeniz (before it got totally overrun by advertising boards!), Bonito, Ouro Preto, all fantastic places. Heaps more.

- Another vote for Santorini. Absolutely magnificant!
- The Marlborough Sound, South Island, NZ. On a ferry to Wellington, a little bit foggy and just magic as the ferry winds it's way through to the Pacific Ocean
- Isle of Skye
- there's more, I can't think of them right now

copernicus said:
Got pics? I don't know anything about the place except that it's a bit unstable!

I lived there for two and a half years. It wasn't particularly unstable when I lived there but has become a bit unstable just recently. I haven't uploaded any of my pics but just for samplers here are a couple I stole from other sites.

songkul12te.jpg

kajisaj2.jpg

img_5721a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raskolnikov said:

It's not nationalist pride, it's the fact we have the most unique diversification of eco-systems in the world. We have the most unique wildlife, the great barrier reef, our rainforests, old growth forests (for a little while at least).

Architecture wise we aren't as impressive, I'll concede that, but our landscape and indeed our country is the most beautiful in the world imo.

rick James said:
It's not nationalist pride, it's the fact we have the most unique diversification of eco-systems in the world. We have the most unique wildlife, the great barrier reef, our rainforests, old growth forests (for a little while at least).
The most impressive old growth forest in the World is in California and Oregon.

Bombers 2003 said:
The most impressive old growth forest in the World is in California and Oregon.

Awesome, still, California hasn't as many diverse habitats as Australia does.

rick James said:
Awesome, still, California hasn't as many diverse habitats as Australia does.

California is a state not a country. The US has a much more diverse habitat than Australia does.

Raskolnikov said:
California is a state not a country. The US has a much more diverse habitat than Australia does.

It has more people than Australia does, California I mean of course.

Raskolnikov said:

Doesnt Australia have over 80% of the world's different flora as indigineous? Of course you dont get to see many of these indigineous speices in cities as our *ed forefathers planted foreign plantlife that consumes far too much water for such a dry continent.

Or am I thinking of bird species.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back