Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons - Season 25 Team Thread - Congratulations Yakker - #DeestroyS25

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 Roys FFC vs Mount Buller Demons at Brunswick Junction Oval

The Roys were riding high sitting at the pointy end of the table and the Mt Buller side were wondering how many more times they could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Well it would appear the Dees were primed and though the early going was tight the Dees piled on the pressure for four quarters and ran out 27 point victors in a high scoring game that saw 47 goals kicked between the two sides.

After a few slogs in the recent weeks, the game was free flowing and open, and Mount Buller were still in the hunt for a finals spot with a 6-8 record thanks to a variety of mediocre teams not really wanting to stand up and command 7th and 8th spot.

Roys FFC 21.13 (139) lost to Mount Buller Demons 26.10 (166)
517692_75444c4bf4674c78ced5aa5a7f3e1fcd.png

VOTES:
5 – Proper Gander confirmed her status as a rising star at the club with a 32 disposal, 2 goal, 4 tackle game.
4 – Women were fainting left, right and centre as RodneyDangerfield dominated with a 28 disposal, 3 goal game.
3 – lanky_wes 17 disposal, 4 goal effort was a fine reward for a tough season for the stalwart.
2 – DemonJim jagged a 24 disposal, 3 goal game
1 – Yakker stayed close to home and was rewarded with 5 big goals.

Three in particular were unlucky to nab a vote this week, being sausageroll (27 and 1), brucetiki (25 and 1 with 4 tackles) and roo2macca (18 and 2 with 9 tackles)

Now we will be jumping into the Coaches and Players' Player Awards before the final two rounds of the Deestroy Medal.

Hold on to your hats.

I'm serious. It's really windy.

proxy.php

COACHES AWARD

This award is given to the player deemed the best clubman by the captain. Whether it be by way of providing engaging banter, going the extra mile or putting a hand up to help out… it’s always noted and appreciated.

For me this season, I am handing out the award to the poster I think has brought the most enjoyment and best out of everyone.

There are a number of people to note here… DemonJim keeps on keeping on with weekly stats (which helps captains tremendously when it comes to picking positions and keeping up to date with who may be losing interest, or who is about to explode onto the scene. Tarkyn and Headless I feel bring out the best in the posters around them, but I could also throw a blanket over another half a dozen such as sausage, Rodders and co who do the same.

For Season 25, the Coaches Award goes to Yakker who went above and beyond with his posting, Flathead of the Week and of course was the organiser and runner of the successful and enjoyable BullerBet (although I demand credit for the idea).

It is no surprise that Yakker will be taking the reigns in Season 26 as captain of the club, and this award is just a small indication of his hard work already… no doubt do a fantastic job.

proxy.php

Eth Award - Players' Player Award
The Eth Award is named after one of the greatest captains, player and teammate of this great club. Introduced only a couple of seasons ago, the Eth Award is voted on by players and is the highest accolade one can win.

Thank you to Van_Dyke who organised and collated the Eth Award votes for Season 25.

A total of 14 players provided a 3-2-1, with a total of 8 players nominated based on who they felt best represented the Mount Buller Demon spirit that was created, nurtured and requested by Eth for the club.

Congratulations to Yakker who has been voted by his peers as the Eth Award winner for Season 25.

Yakker received 26% of all votes, closely followed by Headless (21%) and Tarkyn_24 (19%).

no hall of fame induction this season cats2rise?
Nuts, I knew I forgot something. Will talk to the S25 and S26 leadership groups to see if we want to induct anyone over the next week, or alternatively we will leave it for a season.

Nuts, I knew I forgot something. Will talk to the S25 and S26 leadership groups to see if we want to induct anyone over the next week, or alternatively we will leave it for a season.
I’m pretty great. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 15 Mount Buller Demons vs Coney Island Warriors at Snow Dome

The Warriors had had a shocking run of losses and were out of the finals hunt. One could be forgiven for thinking they had their mind on seasons end and the Dees would run over them and look to cement their spot in the finals. The crappy weather at The Snow Dome continued and the conditions were rainy. Not ideal for showcasing the silky smooth skills of the likes of cooney, roo2macca and RodneyDangerfield but, both teams were playing in the same conditions and there were no excuses for the disappointing display the MBD put on this day. The Warrior grabbed the lead early in the game and held strong for the entire match never threatening to relinquish the lead.

And just like that, our finals dream was all but extinguished.

Mount Buller Demons 11.5 (71) lost to Coney Island Warriors 16.16 (112)

517693_02a1384a925bbce78e8f40738aa23aa3.png

VOTES:
5 – DemonJim with a game high 23 disposals and 2 goals lead from the front
4 – fancyscum continued late season form with 19 disposals, and a game high 7 tackles
3 – Thetrader15 with two important goals tried hard all day
2 – deaneus did well to beat his opponent in a day that wasn’t great for back 6.
1 – sausageroll with 18 disposals and a very classy snap did the job to nab a vote.

Last edited:
What have I missed?

Round 16 Baghdad Bombers vs Mount Buller Demons at Abdu Prison

Last week’s loss to the Warriors had placed the Dees in a precarious position. They now had to win their game and needed results to go their way in other matches. The Dees travelled to Abdu Prison and seemed to be in rinse and repeat mode, coming out full of piss and vinegar and battle hard for the first two and half quarters only to fade away at the end.

The Bombers ran out 40 point winners and the Demon’s season was all over.

Baghdad Bombers 17.15 (117) defeated Mount Buller Demons 12.5 (77)
517694_9a19fdccfbb19d8908438037f65305eb.png

VOTES:
5 – Tarkyn_24 with half a dozen @sausageroll’s!
4 – cooney battled hard all day, and ended with 23 disposals and a goal to his name
3 – Yakker once again lead from the front in the tackle count and finished with 25 disposals
2 – Proper Gander finished with a classy 18 disposals and a goal. The MBD faithful are looking forward to seeing her push up through the midfield more in S26.
1 – DemonJim tallied over 20 touches in what was a quiet game for most of the team.

They never actually existed. I just made them up to sound cool

Well, I'll join you down in the front row, even though I've missed nearly the entire ceremony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back