Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons | S35 Team Thread | Do you want to build a snowman?

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1843977
What we liked…
  • A really active thread from both us and our competitors – it helped the week pass quickly as we were certainly heading for another loss!
  • Wosh somehow found the energy to punch out 167 posts! What a star 😊
  • Headless was up and about again, contributing strongly and making us all smile
View attachment 1843975
  • 24 match thread posters from the Demons overall – we are such an engaged and engaging Qootball club. I love it.
What the SIM said…
  • “Just because I love you, Demons, I’ll give you neither a loss nor a win. Yes; I’ll give you a DRAW just to see how that makes you feel!”
  • Headless recorded a game with -1 DT points. He recorded 1 handball and 1 free kick against. That is absolutely REMARKABLE and UNHEARD OF. He’s a star!
  • Tarkyn_24 notched up 99 DT points thanks to his 8 tackles, 1 goal and 22 possessions
  • cartwright delivered another strong game, with 21 touches and 8 tackles of her own
  • 8 GOALS from our barnstorming new FF, Wosh . Was great to watch
Round 13 Votes

3 – Tarkyn_24
2 – Wosh
1 - cartwright
24 posters holy s**t thats wild, considering by this stage were getting pummeled by the sim week after week and most of us were wishing for Sweet FA death to take us.

View attachment 1843963

Before we move onto the final count for tonight’s Deestroy Medal, we should take some time to recognise some people.

Firstly, I was very proud to take my place in the Mt. Buller Hall Of Fame during Season 35. This club represents a second family of mine, and I’m so very proud to continue leading it and spending time with you all.

Being elevated to the Hall of Fame is probably my single greatest personal honour in this league, and I’m feeling very fortunate.

But now for another announcement. We have elevated another poster to our club’s Hall of Fame in Season 35.

This is a poster who has played 221 games for Mt. Buller and is already ranked 9th for possessions and 4th in marks in our all-time standings.

Perhaps more importantly, this poster has spent a many number of seasons in our leadership group, and has proven thoughtful, passionate and balanced throughout his time in the leadership position. He works hard to support our club, advocate for us and create resources that allow us to engage and have more fun.

He’s a vibrant and funny match thread poster and fits our posting culture like a hand in glove. It’s honestly a surprise he was ever at the Bombers and the Furies.

Of course we’re tonight officially elevating our perennial EKA hopeful, sausageroll to the Mt. Buller Demons Hall of Fame.

He becomes just the 18th player to have this honour across our club’s 35-season history. It’s beyond well-earned.

Congratulations, dear friend!
Oh wait. Hold my drink...

Round 16
Round 16.png

What we liked…
  • It was HERITAGE ROUND, and we got to play against our OLD RIVALS, the Wonders! We hate the Wonders!
  • 20 match thread posters for us, PLUS one Eth ! We were simply amazing!
  • Wosh kept smacking it out of the park for us…
Round 16.png
  • While probably a bit too cheesy :cautiousv1:, our opponents were well-represented by croweater 41 , who isn’t bad for an old campaigner.
What the SIM said…
  • It barely spoke above a whisper, yet it muttered something about us losing by 25 points to our traditional rival, which really wasn’t a problem for us at all. Nope.
  • It was Bluelegs ‘ turn for a -1 DT match, following his idol Headless TO A TEE!
  • Tarkyn_24 continued his impressive form, with 21 touches, 3 goals and 6 tackles!
  • Hate was again just really impressive – 16 hitouts, 17 touches, 2 tackles.
  • cats2rise somehow managed to pull a 22-possession 1-goal game out. From where, we do not ask.
Round 16 Votes

3 – Tarkyn_24
2 – cats2rise
1 - Johnny Karate

View attachment 1843963

Before we move onto the final count for tonight’s Deestroy Medal, we should take some time to recognise some people.

Firstly, I was very proud to take my place in the Mt. Buller Hall Of Fame during Season 35. This club represents a second family of mine, and I’m so very proud to continue leading it and spending time with you all.

Being elevated to the Hall of Fame is probably my single greatest personal honour in this league, and I’m feeling very fortunate.

But now for another announcement. We have elevated another poster to our club’s Hall of Fame in Season 35.

This is a poster who has played 221 games for Mt. Buller and is already ranked 9th for possessions and 4th in marks in our all-time standings.

Perhaps more importantly, this poster has spent a many number of seasons in our leadership group, and has proven thoughtful, passionate and balanced throughout his time in the leadership position. He works hard to support our club, advocate for us and create resources that allow us to engage and have more fun.

He’s a vibrant and funny match thread poster and fits our posting culture like a hand in glove. It’s honestly a surprise he was ever at the Bombers and the Furies.

Of course we’re tonight officially elevating our perennial EKA hopeful, sausageroll to the Mt. Buller Demons Hall of Fame.

He becomes just the 18th player to have this honour across our club’s 35-season history. It’s beyond well-earned.

Congratulations, dear friend!
Congratulations to both manangatang and sausageroll on achieving MBD Hall of Fame honours

Well deserved and not only 2 of the best posters but people in the game

Round 17
Round 17.png

What we liked…
  • Imagine – you’re 17 rounds into a season where you’ve won just the two games, and you’ve still managed to get 17 match thread posters against a club that isn’t reputed for its engagement. IMAGINE!
  • It was okeydoke7 ‘s potential milestone match (as he sought to be the second Sweet F.A. player to reach 1,000 goals) and we managed to SPOIL IT.
  • Headless got excited and went and out-posted us all, including some sage advice for his dear friend Okey…
Round 17.png
  • I feel like any mention of the opponent’s alcoholic tendencies were kept to a minimum. That’s a win, right?
What the SIM said…
  • The SIM said that our suffering through losing matches by 3 goals or less should just bloody well continue for another week. A 12 point loss this time.
  • sante went and got the ball 28 times and even kicked a goal!
  • Johnny Karate had another big game (22 possessions, 2 goals) – what a start to his career!
  • cartwright and Hate were again amongst our best players on the day.
Round 17 Votes

3 – sante
2 – Johnny Karate
1 - Hate

Round 18
Round 18.png

What we liked…
  • Sweet, sweet relief. This would be our FINAL game for Season 35! While we were no doubt sad to stop the continual losses and bottom of the ladder embarrassment, the end of the season meant new hope for the one ahead.
  • So much was our grief with the season about to close in May that it didn’t quite sink in until October 9th
Round 18.png

• In spite of this sorrow, we managed another 17 match thread posters and kept having fun until the very last! Serious note: very proud of our club’s solid posting numbers across the whole season – we nailed it.
What the SIM said…
  • It suggested that we might as well lose again to really drive in the coffin nail. If we were going down, we’d go down in FLAMES. FLAMES in this case equated to a 38 point loss.
  • Yakker managed to bob up and kick 4 goals!
  • cartwright put on another masterclass – 12 tackles (gasp) to go along with 14 possessions!
  • cooney kicked two goals and saved his best SIM performance for last.
  • Tarkyn_24 , Hate and sausageroll toiled hard.
Round 18 Votes

3 – cartwright
2 – Tarkyn_24
1 - Hate

Poster of the Season
A couple of seasons back, we introduced a new award to recognise the quality posting we like to foster at the Mt. Buller Demons. We know that the SIM can sometimes punish individuals (and some people are happy to sacrifice a premium position), so we like to look to recognise those posters who make the effort to bring us all together via match thread contributions.

The winner of this award in Season 35 posted incredibly consistently throughout the entire season and was often in the top two Demons contributors to our match threads. Beyond this, the posting itself was consistently of a very high quality, was engaging and was enjoyed by team-mate and opponent alike.

It’s unusual to award this to a poster who spent the vast majority of the season posting as part of the opposition, but here we are.

Congratulations sausageroll on further recognition of an amazing season.

We love having you continue to be active after all these years. Not only do you keep us entertained, you help us to keep Tarks in check.

Best Poster.png

A couple of seasons back, we introduced a new award to recognise the quality posting we like to foster at the Mt. Buller Demons. We know that the SIM can sometimes punish individuals (and some people are happy to sacrifice a premium position), so we like to look to recognise those posters who make the effort to bring us all together via match thread contributions.

The winner of this award in Season 35 posted incredibly consistently throughout the entire season and was often in the top two Demons contributors to our match threads. Beyond this, the posting itself was consistently of a very high quality, was engaging and was enjoyed by team-mate and opponent alike.

It’s unusual to award this to a poster who spent the vast majority of the season posting as part of the opposition, but here we are.

We love having you continue to be active after all these years. Not only do you keep us entertained, you help us to keep Tarks in check.

View attachment 1843995
* this.

You planned this mang!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deestroy Medal - Second Place
So where does this whole situation leave us, figuratively speaking? It means that Season 35 finished in a very similar way to how it started.

We finished the season with just two wins, yet somehow managed to average an insane amount of match thread posters and had heaps of fun along the way. That, my friends, is the point of Qooty. Winning honestly doesn’t matter if we’re all turning up and enjoying ourselves.

It's not something we could say lightly, but this generation of the Mt. Buller Demons might just be one of the best posting clubs in history. We should all be very proud.

Anyway, after the season of playing and losing and vote-counting, we do have some winners after all!

The third place in the Season 35 Deestroy medal goes to… WELL, NOBODY ACTUALLY! Because we had a tie for second place!

The SECOND-PLACE TIE goes to one extremely experienced poster and one poster in their very first season.

Congratulations on putting together an excellent season 35 Hate and cartwright !

2nd Place Cartwright.png

2nd Place Hate.png

View attachment 1843995
This award belongs to Tarkyn_24. He was my inspiration.

Actually, the whole team was my inspiration in Season 35. Thank you all for all the losses :thumbsu:

Deestroy Medal - First Place
I’m sure you’re now all wondering WHO THE ACTUAL WINNER OF LAST SEASON'S DEESTROY MEDAL COULD BE!

I’m so sure, in fact, I could self-ascribe as being certain that this is the case.

In such a slow season for us stats-wise, there is one player who did perform well on the Qooty field, and who was nominated for the All-SFA team of Season 35. That player managed to dispose of the ball 247 times, lay exactly 100 tackles and kick 11 goals.

That player is Tarkyn_24 – congratulations Tarks!

Winner Tarks.png

Time for a did you know! DID YOU KNOW that up until the end of Season 35, Tarks had played 256 games for the Mt. Buller Demons, and until right now had not managed to win a Best & Fairest? Well now you do know that.

Thanks and Goodnight!
And that pretty much finishes us off for this count.

Sorry for this being so late – I’m not normally so disorganised, but life in recent times hasn’t been conducive of me being well-prepared.

I’d like to thank everyone who supported me in preparing tonight’s awards (Headless and sausageroll and Hate for your various supports and contributions to stats write-ups and insanely useful websites and graphics and all sorts of stuff and Wosh for ensuring I actually finished it off and posted it like I should).

But more to the point I’d like to thank the entire Mt. Buller Demons squad for making this place great. We’re a great bunch of people and I simply love hanging out with you all.

Now – let’s go and see if we can make finals in Season 36!

I’m sure you’re now all wondering WHO THE ACTUAL WINNER OF LAST SEASON'S DEESTROY MEDAL COULD BE!

I’m so sure, in fact, I could self-ascribe as being certain that this is the case.

In such a slow season for us stats-wise, there is one player who did perform well on the Qooty field, and who was nominated for the All-SFA team of Season 35. That player managed to dispose of the ball 247 times, lay exactly 100 tackles and kick 11 goals.

View attachment 1844009

Time for a did you know! DID YOU KNOW that up until the end of Season 35, Tarks had played 256 games for the Mt. Buller Demons, and until right now had not managed to win a Best & Fairest? Well now you do know that.
TARKS!
IMG_0266.gif

View attachment 1844009

I thought we traded him for Mrs cheese

Congratulations Tarks. Lucky for you hugs are counted as tackles now.

Cheers for another cracking Deestroy Medal manangatang, and well done to all the award winners. Always a privilege to be part of a club as fantastic as this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back