Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons | S35 Team Thread | Do you want to build a snowman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Woooo manangatang I’ve had dinner, I’m settled in with a cup of tea, and I’ve told everyone to leave me alone for the night 🤙🏻

Thank you!
Did you dispose of the old chocolate sprinkles Wosh?

Were you in a Futrama style time machine whilst I was a leader at the Royals and the club formerly known as the East Side Hawks?
Naturally!

View attachment 1843910

What we liked…
  • A strong match thread contribution from PMBangers who made his debut for our fine club!
  • 20 different match thread participants from the Demons!
  • A start in the Sweet F.A. for our dear rookie cartwright !
View attachment 1843909

What the SIM said...
  • A 25-point loss
  • 16 possessions from cartwright on debut
  • A 3-goal haul from DemonJim
  • DERO muscles in on the ruck action, displacing Hate around halfway through the game
Round 1 Votes

3 – DemonJim
2 – DERO
1 - cartwright
Love you cartwright
A quiet but deadly Delon!

Round 2
Round 2.png

What we liked…
  • Another great all-round posting effort, with 18 Demons posters contributing 504 nuggets of wisdom!
  • sausageroll begins to form his ‘playing for/supporting’ the opposition arc, which works wonders for us for the rest of the season!
Round 2.png
  • Wosh relished in a tussle against her old (literally) club!

What the SIM said...
  • A resounding 45-point loss
  • Seven different goalscorers for us, including two each for DERO and Greenery (RIP)
  • A rare decent game from myself (25 touches, 7 marks)
  • 9 (!) tackles from Tarkyn_24 !
  • Hate manages to wrestle back his spot on the ground from DERO , dominating in the ruck

Round 2 Votes

3 – manangatang
2 – Hate
1 - Tarkyn_24

Love you cartwright
A quiet but deadly Delon!

Love you Wosh!

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Round 3
Round 3.png

What we liked…
  • The opportunity to get this game out of the way early (surely we wouldn’t play them again later in the season)!
  • 340 posts from just three Old Boys posters!
  • 19 Mt. Buller Demons posters rocked up to enjoy the barrage!
  • This post from PMBangers
Round 3.png

What the SIM said…
Round 3 Votes

3 – Hate
2 – Tarkyn_24
1 - cartwright

Round 4
Round 4.png

What we liked…
  • Marlowe returned!!!!
  • 21 Mt. Buller Demons contributed to whatever you’d call that match thread. It was such an amazing team effort.
  • Headless was our leading poster, which you KNOW means we were showing our quality.
Round 4.png
  • DemonJim even posted for the first time in the season.
  • Our dear friend Yakker celebrated his 200th Sweet F.A. game!
What the SIM said…
  • A sparkling 17-point loss (after leading at half-time!)
  • 3 goals and 5 behinds for Greenery
  • Another very strong game for Hate (26 touches)
  • 22 possessions for Quivorir !
  • 24 touches for sante !
  • 8 tackles for our little tackling machine Tarkyn_24 !

Round 4 Votes

3 – Hate
2 – Quivorir
1 - Tarkyn_24

View attachment 1843910

What we liked…
  • A strong match thread contribution from PMBangers who made his debut for our fine club!
  • 20 different match thread participants from the Demons!
  • A start in the Sweet F.A. for our dear rookie cartwright !
View attachment 1843909

What the SIM said...
  • A 25-point loss
  • 16 possessions from cartwright on debut
  • A 3-goal haul from DemonJim
  • DERO muscles in on the ruck action, displacing Hate around halfway through the game
Round 1 Votes

3 – DemonJim
2 – DERO
1 - cartwright
My first win of the season. You beauty!

Round 5
Round 5.png

What we liked…
  • The opportunity to take a road trip to an opposition ground (the bus ride was memorable, as Headless brought his harmonica!)
  • ANOTHER 21 contributors to the match thread vs. the feckless Rats, including a large uptick from moginie !
  • Bluelegs really brought some intensity!
Round 5.png
  • Wosh and Headless continued to act as our posting core, being the top two posters (in terms of both quality and quantity) in the thread!
What the SIM said…
  • A thoroughly enjoyable 14-point loss (perhaps our percentage might increase!)
  • Midfield dominance from cartwright (26 touches, 9 tackles and a goal)
  • Another ‘wind back the clock’ performance from yours truly (31 touches, 11 marks, 1 goal)
  • 13 hitouts from Hate and 4 goals from Greenery

Round 5 Votes

3 – manangatang
2 – cartwright
1 - Bluelegs
We had a bye in round 6, which gives us a great opportunity to hand out some other club awards while we take a short break.

Leaderboard After 5 Rounds!
Leaderboard.png

Wow! After 5 rounds of voting in Season 35, we have some people who are leading voting and some who are not!

• In the leading position on 8 votes is Hate
  • In second place on 6 votes is myself :)cautiousv1:)
  • Tarkyn_24 and cartwright are in equal third place with 4 votes!
  • Other people have votes too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats2rise Medal!
What is a cats2Rise medal? I ask myself this very question almost every single day of my pitiful existence. Bleak and marked as it is by an everlasting sense of dread and foreboding.

When it becomes all just a bit much for me to work through, I just jump onto BigFooty and I just darn well look for myself. Here’s what I type: “What is a cats2Rise medal?”.

BigFooty says that the cats2Rise medal is the award handed out by the Mt. Buller Demons Sweet F.A. club to each season’s club-leading goalkicker.

So who might be the winner of this coveted award (which is named after a simply lovely fellow whose hatred for the Wonders is a thing of beauty) for Season 35?

Well, I feel the answer to that is even simpler to the question I initially posed. The award goes to the person who has kicked the most goals in Season 35!

And that person just happens to be Wosh !

Wosh’s goal-kicking tally is made even more incredible by the fact that she only played in the forward line for 11 games (just 6 of those at full-forward) and managed to kick 36 goals. I look forward to her winning the FRED this season!

Congratulations on a well-deserved award Wosh!

cats2rise medal.png

Best Defender Award
One of the biggest travesties of last season – and I take personal responsibility for this one – is the fact that sausageroll didn’t get nominated for the All-SFA team at half back.

On top of the mountain of work he did compiling our posting and on-ground stats all last season (and his tireless work supporting the opposition each week), this guy kicked arse on the field and deserves recognition.

In a season where we were consistently pummelled by a lack of whole-ground defence, a lone baked savoury good stood up each and every week. He outperformed all other nominated half back flankers in the entire of the league, and more than earns his recognition as our club's best defender.

We salute you sausageroll and congratulate you on winning this season’s Best Defender award.

Let it be a down-payment on your upcoming All-SFA dominance.

Defender.png

Deaneus! Award
This award – formerly known as the Best Rookie award – has been named in memory of our beloved and much-missed teammate Deaneus! . It recognises posters who are new to the league and who have made a contribution to our club from the very beginning.

We enjoyed two new posters at the Demons across Season 35 – each of them made an impact with their wit, engagement and contribution to the culture of this great club.

However, the poster that has won the Deaneus! Award for Season 35 is cartwright .

Deaneus! Award.png

We thoroughly enjoyed seeing how well you have integrated into our club. While you’re still making your way in a league that is incredibly overwhelming at times, we feel like you’re built of the right stuff to enjoy a nice career at Mt. Buller.

Congratulations on this well-earned recognition.

Round 7
Round 7.png

What we liked…
  • We enjoyed our week off after the Swamprats game and came back well-refreshed!
  • ANOTHER week where 21 of our posters turned up to put the opposition to the sword!
  • Wonderfully strong posting from Wosh , Hate and sausageroll !
Round 7.png
What the SIM said…
  • A WIN – YES, OUR FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON! (but wins don’t matter, people matter)
  • Five goals from Greenery !
  • A solid game from Hate in the ruck!
  • A gritty five-tackle game from Tarkyn_24 !
  • ME being the leading possession-getter for the Demons!
  • I think its actual words were “Hey everybody, I’m the SIM and let’s all laugh at the Phoenix for losing to the Demons!”
Round 7 Votes

3 – Greenery
2 – manangatang
1 - DemonJim

Round 8
Round 8.png
What we liked…
  • 21 club contributors to our match thread at the midway point of an almost world-record-bad season. Best posting club ever? Yes.
  • Another thread where Wosh and sausageroll led the charge for us – you know the quality was good…
Round 8.png
  • A rare Marlowe sighting! We love Marlowe!
  • Our opponents didn’t annoy us really, and Broken was a delight to post against, as usual
What the SIM said…
  • The SIM once again sent a message that it disliked us (and that last week was just a form of hope-building)
  • Three goals (and 90 DT points) from cartwright !
  • A generally low-possession game otherwise, and no real standout players in a 49 point loss
  • I think it might have actually said “Hey everybody, I’m the SIM and never forget that the Demons are doomed in Season 35 but don’t worry because I know they’re the best club really”. it might also have said lol and/or rofl.
Round 8 Votes

3 – cartwright
2 – moginie
1 - sausageroll

Round 9
Round 9.png

What we liked…
  • 21 match thread posters again.
  • In fact, let’s make it 22, because our dear leader Eth popped his beautiful head up to post again! We are truly blessed.
Round 9.png
  • We enjoy the Gumbies, and particularly like the way that Falconista and beez engage with wit!
What the SIM said…
  • The SIM decided that we would once again lose, but I suppose the upside is that it was only a 19 point loss?!
  • 28 touches and 2 goals for Bluelegs !
  • 25 touches and 5 takes for Tarkyn_24 !
  • 6 goals and 3 behinds for Greenery and another 3 goals for DemonJim
  • jmoo wan got 1DT point 😊
Round 9 Votes

3 – Bluelegs
2 – Tarkyn_24
1 - Greenery

Round 10
Round 10.png
What we liked…
  • We enjoy playing against the Royals. nahnah is our frienemy.
  • 22 match thread contributors – WOWEE! Our club was playing like total dogpoo but we were still rocking up.
  • Our leading posters included Wosh , sausageroll and sante, while 27 posts from Bluelegs are worth 57 from anyone else…
Round 10.png

What the SIM said…
  • Another close, respectable, honourable loss! Just 14 points this time
  • A dominant game from dear sante (28 touches, 7 marks, 1 goal)!
  • Another very strong performance from Tarkyn_24 (21 touches, 8 marks, 1 goal)
  • cartwright continued a purple patch! (13 tackles in a game? That’s nuts!)

View attachment 1843949
What we liked…
  • We enjoy playing against the Royals. nahnah is our frienemy.
  • 22 match thread contributors – WOWEE! Our club was playing like total dogpoo but we were still rocking up.
  • Our leading posters included Wosh , sausageroll and sante, while 27 posts from Bluelegs are worth 57 from anyone else…
View attachment 1843948

What the SIM said…
  • Another close, respectable, honourable loss! Just 14 points this time
  • A dominant game from dear sante (28 touches, 7 marks, 1 goal)!
  • Another very strong performance from Tarkyn_24 (21 touches, 8 marks, 1 goal)
  • cartwright continued a purple patch! (13 tackles in a game? That’s nuts!)
13 tackles cartwright ! 💪🏻

Leaderboard Update - Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back