Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons | S35 Team Thread | Do you want to build a snowman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally! 🥰
Congrats to our loved and respected Hate now a Sweet FA Immortal

Jeez, I really need to get my reading vision tested.

I first read that as induced and was about to congratulate you on a healthy birth.
i wrote indicted a few times before i could see it properly

COUGH IS THIS THING ON?

Fx Networks Singing GIF by DAVE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome in!
Hello there dear friends, new and old!

Tonight is the night that we FINALLY get to bury the decomposing corpse of our Season 35. The season that feels like it should have ended almost the minute it started.

The above is, of course, something that someone who is purely win-focused would say. Any objective observer who judges the all-round success of the club on its posting, culture and FUN would say that Season 35 was one of the Mt. Buller Demons’ best ever.

And this is why we still must celebrate that nagging little puppydog of a season. The season where we could only scrape together a few miserly wins against teams that chose to eat an entire wheel of cheese before playing.

So let’s look back at Season 35 and celebrate our club’s heroes.

In addition to going through the votes for the Best & Fairest (Deestroy Medal), we will hand out a number of special and AMAZING awards tonight…
  • The cats2rise Medal (leading goalkicker)
  • Best Defender Award
  • The Coach’s Award (hopefully Richard_Cranium has managed to hack the internet access block his carers have placed on him)
  • The Eth Award (Player’s Player)
  • Poster Of The Year Award
  • The Deaneus! Award (best rookie player)
I need to thank Headless for his help in creating the graphics that will be used throughout tonight's ceremony. He does such an amazing job and I love him to pieces.

Let's go! (Wosh sausageroll Oddhawk Proper Gander Heardy_101 Greenery sante moginie DemonJim Yakker Tarkyn_24 Quivorir cooney Van_Dyke sausageroll Headless Azarole cats2rise Bluelegs Hate Marlowe PMBangers cartwright DERO jmoo wan Johnny Karate Gralin Scythe94 Richard Cranium Joe Biden )

Because of just how ‘interesting’ our SIM results were in Season 35, I’m going to take you on a journey which focuses more on our posting throughout the season rather than dwelling too much on who won and all that nonsense.

Winning is for losers, after all! Unless it’s us winning!

So – go to the cupboard and locate the out-of-date jar of Masterfoods Cumin powder. Behind that jar, you’ll find the chocolate sprinkles that you bought for someone’s birthday 3 years ago. Now, what you’re going to do is grab those sprinkles and pour them into a mortar. Grab your friendly neighbourhood pestle and POUND THAT UP into a fine powdery chocolate dust-type situation. Take the chocolate dust and pour it into a funnel that ultimately leads to the rubbish bin, because crushed-up 3-year-old sprinkles aren’t much use for anything.

Once you’ve done this, you’re ready. Sit down with a cup of fresh herbal tea and let your mind soak up our collective magnificence.

While we wait for the ceremony to commence, it’s a great time to reacquaint ourselves with a fine piece of music, written by Proper Gander and myself.

For a special treat tonight, we’ve organised for a singing contribution from the West Horsham Mime Association Choir who will lend their barely perceptible yet critically-acclaimed voices to what is already quite the feast for the ears.

Feel free to turn up to 12 …

Any objective observer who judges the all-round success of the club on its posting, culture and FUN would say that Season 35 was one of the Mt. Buller Demons’ best ever.
It was very clearly in the top 35 Mang, very clealy

This is why I see you as a future leader of this club, Bangers.
Were you in a Futrama style time machine whilst I was a leader at the Royals and the club formerly known as the East Side Hawks?

Round 1
Round 1.png

What we liked…
  • A strong match thread contribution from PMBangers who made his debut for our fine club!
  • 20 different match thread participants from the Demons!
  • A start in the Sweet F.A. for our dear rookie cartwright !
Round 1.png

What the SIM said...
  • A 25-point loss
  • 16 possessions from cartwright on debut
  • A 3-goal haul from DemonJim
  • DERO muscles in on the ruck action, displacing Hate around halfway through the game
Round 1 Votes

3 – DemonJim
2 – DERO
1 - cartwright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back