Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
You assume I don't like Metal? Think again.
Again I say, those bands you mention are NOT punk. Go listen to some real punk music then comment.
Just to clear things up, I never assumed you didn't like metal, just trailed off the topic like i usually do. And nah, I wouldn't waste my time listening to "real" punk

Originally posted by AZZO
Just to clear things up, I never assumed you didn't like metal, just trailed off the topic like i usually do. And nah, I wouldn't waste my time listening to "real" punk

Then you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. Most of what I have called 'real punk' in this thread is far more metal than those semi-commercial bands you like and refer to as metal.

Anyway, who gives a damn if they're pop, classical or punk. You like them and that's it, you don't have to worry about what Joe Blow thinks.
Just because someone listens to a lot of music by bands that half the population has never heard of, does not make them (or their opinion) more superior than anyone elses.
It just means everyone has different tastes, and if we all liked the same thing we'd die of boredom.
I know it's sort of off-topic, but it drives me nuts when music is supposed to be discussed on a message board, and instead of actually talking about music, the discussion turns into an argument about who's more punk (or whatever), because they listen to more underground bands, or they were huge fans of whoever until they "sold out".
These arguments rarely involve people who listen to "pop" music, but usually people who listen to anything a bit alternative, they try so hard to prove how "alternative" they are they don't realise they are acting just like the mainstream zombies they supposedly despise so much.

Nicely put, man...nicely put

Einsturzende Neubauten
Prml Scrm
Faith No More (rip)
Anything Mike Patton, Iggy Pop or Mick Harvey are involved in
Goldie
Fela Ransome Kuti (rip)
Miles Davis (rip)
Serge Gainsbourg (rip)
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Underworld
Bowie
Mad Professor
Lee 'Scratch' Perry
Wu-Tang
Massive Attack
Tricky
Die Haut

THE BEACH BOYS

Jan & Dean
The Beatles
Bread
Chicago
The Monkees
Aretha Franklin
Linda Ronstadt
The Byrds
Paul McCartney/Wings
In Bloom
The Four Tops
John Denver
Julian Lennon
Simon & Garfunkel
Brian Wilson

There's tons of other groups/singers I could name that I like at least a few of their songs, but the ones above give you a basic idea of what kinds of music I'm into.

Originally posted by lioness22
THE BEACH BOYS

Jan & Dean
The Beatles
Bread
Chicago
The Monkees
Aretha Franklin
Linda Ronstadt
The Byrds
Paul McCartney/Wings
In Bloom
The Four Tops
John Denver
Julian Lennon
Simon & Garfunkel
Brian Wilson

There's tons of other groups/singers I could name that I like at least a few of their songs, but the ones above give you a basic idea of what kinds of music I'm into.

By the looks of these you must like Gold 104.3. Nothing wrong with that.

Alright, so I'm a little more mainstream...but meh...

Main ones in bold:

Oasis, Lifehouse, Powderfinger (I got tickets! :D), U2, Live, Goo Goo Dolls, Motor Ace (prefer original stuff), Blur, incubus, Matchbox 20, The White Stripes, Screaming Jets, CrashPalace, Audioslave, Zwan, Coldplay, Living End, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Everclear, Bush, Fuel, Staind, Foo Fighters (sometimes), Nirvana.

Getting into Placebo lately too.

Originally posted by VossMagic
By the looks of these you must like Gold 104.3. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't really like their selection actually, they play too much of the hits and rarely go much further than that. BUT as far as radio stations go, yeah it's my preferred one. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back