Music

Remove this Banner Ad

bLuEMoOsE

All Australian
Aug 4, 2003
Melbourne, Eltham
Other Teams
Essendon/Blackburn
Just wondering as the Get to know didnt really cover it...

What are our favorite musics? as a teen and a black dressing wierdo i have always favoured "emo" punk and black metel eg cradle of Filth and Diumo Borgia but thats just me i can also find space for Pearl Jam Billy Joel and The Hunters And Collecters (holy grail the footy song)

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE (r.i.p), Tool, INCUBUS, system of a down, sublime (r.i.p), GRINSPOON, black eyed peas (older stuff), de la soul, mars volta, AT THE DRIVE-IN (r.i.p), nirvana(r.i.p), THE MUSIC, audioslave, 2PAC (r.i.p), dr dre, THE NEPTUNES (which pretty much only do the beats, etc new timberlake stuff), snoop dogg, N*E*R*D, the streets, deftones, 311, michael jackson(the funky $hit), jeff buckley n JIM HENDRIX (r.i.p), JOHN LENNON (r.i.p) not the other * head beatles, BOB MARLEY (r.i.p), MILES DAVIS, THE DOORS. ... etc... favs in caps..:cool:

Currently on rotation:

Aphex Twin- 26 remixes for cash
Napalm Death- enemy of the music
business
Art Blakey- Jazz profile
Tomahawk- mit gas
Tricky- vulnerable

TOOL,
Rage,
Radiohead,
At the Drive In,
Soundgarden-A sides,
The Music,
A Perfect Circle
are on rotation at the moment.

It seems Radiohead and TOOL/APC are the only current bands releasing anything of worth.

Being a long time loyalist of JJJ it is becoming increasingly harder to listen to them now. Too much hip hop, black mans music dominating the airwaves.

Flaw
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Cradle Of Filth
Soilwork
Killswitch Engage
Arch Enemy

They're my seven fave bands at the moment. Anyone who knows me would know i basically live off Heavy Metal / Hard Rock. In my view, music is listened to...to be turned up loud. Genres like punk rock don't cut that, and is one of the many reasons why I hate every band in that catogery. Look, people don't go to a music concert to listen to three f** boys sing about their recent breakup with their girlfriend, that is pathetic. Any sane music lover would go to a concert purely to head bang. The loudness, the intensity, the extremity. Heavy Metal is tha bomb, and deserves much more speculation and publicity on both radio and TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by AZZO
Flaw
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Cradle Of Filth
Soilwork
Killswitch Engage
Arch Enemy

They're my seven fave bands at the moment. Anyone who knows me would know i basically live off Heavy Metal / Hard Rock. In my view, music is listened to...to be turned up loud. Genres like punk rock don't cut that, and is one of the many reasons why I hate every band in that catogery. Look, people don't go to a music concert to listen to three f** boys sing about their recent breakup with their girlfriend, that is pathetic. Any sane music lover would go to a concert purely to head bang. The loudness, the intensity, the extremity. Heavy Metal is tha bomb, and deserves much more speculation and publicity on both radio and TV.
Go listen to some Downset, Ensign, Madball, Strife, Refused, Battery, Floorpunch etc. The bands you're referring to are POP....GET IT?

Originally posted by M29
This thread was started on the Essendon board. Thought I'd try to fit in straight away.

Oh well, now your darkest secret has been revealed to all of Australia. ;)

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
Go listen to some Downset, Ensign, Madball, Strife, Refused, Battery, Floorpunch etc. The bands you're referring to are POP....GET IT?
So Slipknot are a Pop band are they?? Hmmmmmmm...

---------------------- BORING ------------------------------
Slipknot are ****. They might as well be pop.

Anyway, who gives a damn if they're pop, classical or punk. You like them and that's it, you don't have to worry about what Joe Blow thinks.
Just because someone listens to a lot of music by bands that half the population has never heard of, does not make them (or their opinion) more superior than anyone elses.
It just means everyone has different tastes, and if we all liked the same thing we'd die of boredom.
I know it's sort of off-topic, but it drives me nuts when music is supposed to be discussed on a message board, and instead of actually talking about music, the discussion turns into an argument about who's more punk (or whatever), because they listen to more underground bands, or they were huge fans of whoever until they "sold out".
These arguments rarely involve people who listen to "pop" music, but usually people who listen to anything a bit alternative, they try so hard to prove how "alternative" they are they don't realise they are acting just like the mainstream zombies they supposedly despise so much.

Sorry
------------------------- BORING ------------------------

I like most types of music, so I usually go through a phase of a couple of months or more where I'm really into a certain genre, then I get sick of it and move on to something else. It keeps life interesting but my bank balance low :(
Really love country and anything a bit punkish at the moment.

So Slipknot are a Pop band are they?? Hmmmmmmm...

Do I have to slow my typing down for you? I'm referring to the bands you alluded (look it up) to as being punk.

As for mouldy_bread, what do you think will happen? Music brings out passion in people, of course their will be disagreements.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
Do I have to slow my typing down for you? I'm referring to the bands you alluded (look it up) to as being punk.

Do I have to slow my typing down for YOU?? I never referred to any distinct punk band, but punk in general. But if it makes you happy, I will. Bands like sum41, offspring, boxcar racer, millencolin, and f*ck knows who else, generally play the same beat over and over again in each song. For music to interest me, there must be change. I don't believe Punk rock possesses that, and is more repetitive than anything else. I don't want this to start another b!tch war, but im just putting forward MHO.

But I'm interested in this; any Heavy Metal HATERS out there, I want to know exactly what it is you hate about heavy metal. I've told you what I don't like about Punk (and quite frankly could say alot more, but would probably result in another suspension), so please tell me what you hate about metal. And always be waiting for a reply. ;)

Do I have to slow my typing down for YOU?? I never referred to any distinct punk band, but punk in general. But if it makes you happy, I will. Bands like sum41, offspring, boxcar racer, millencolin, and f*ck knows who else, generally play the same beat over and over again in each song. For music to interest me, there must be change. I don't believe Punk rock possesses that, and is more repetitive than anything else. I don't want this to start another b!tch war, but im just putting forward MHO.

But I'm interested in this; any Heavy Metal HATERS out there, I want to know exactly what it is you hate about heavy metal. I've told you what I don't like about Punk (and quite frankly could say alot more, but would probably result in another suspension), so please tell me what you hate about metal. And always be waiting for a reply. ;)

You assume I don't like Metal? Think again.
Again I say, those bands you mention are NOT punk. Go listen to some real punk music then comment.

Metal is without a doubt my favourite music genre. It just covers so many great bands. It's a pity though that most good metal bands are behind us. Slipknot arn't bad, but overated. Cradle of Filth is as commericial black metal can get, bands like Korn give hard rock a bad name, and Linking Park is the EPITOME of bad lyrics and song subjects.

Listen to Black Sabbath, Listen to Slayer, Listen to Immortal...then all will be well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back