MVP MVP 2020 Votes for Geelong v GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Menegola: Almost playing a Dangerfield style all-action, help out everywhere approach except around the ground rather than at stoppages. Had moments of genuine class and composure too. Made a couple of blues but he really lead by example out there and positively influenced so many passages of play.

4. Duncan: Ball magnet. Resulted in the most inside 50s in total I reckon: totalling direct entries with earlier parts of possession chains. Basically a big part of our capacity to have the territory advantage and use efficiently.

3. Hawkins: Leading, marking, kicking goals. We don't need much more than him at this and when he does it, all of a sudden we are a potent team. Some nice up the ground work too. He didn't look lazy or diminished, which was a great bounce back from a sometimes faltering start to the year.

2. Selwood: Defensive and offensive efforts top notch all game, as he racked up the footy and laid tackles. Our best clearance player of the night too. This wasn't quite "climb on, I'm taking you boys to victory" vintage Selwood but he still very much set the tone.

1. Ratugolea: When he's taking those marks and influencing contests positively, it gives us a decisive edge. He did that at a couple of crucial points in the game. The poor kicks almost cost him his place here - give him another goal and an error less and it becomes a no brainer - but I still reckon he did enough.

HM's: Parfitt (besides getting caught holding the ball twice, was in a tackle machine mode that I genuinely thought lifted the team), Touhy (plenty of rebound and territory gaining disposals in a side minus Stewart) and Rohan (just keeps fluffing those kicks in an infuriating manner, as his efforts and involvement have lifted in recent weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back