Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Looks like we've got about 2 weeks to go!

My kits are mainly completed but not submitted. Still have a little bit of fine tuning to do, and I may change up my clash.

Due to my own holiday and the workload that awaits when I return home on October 13th, as well as the struggles some folk have had with the deadline, I’ve pushed it out to the 19th.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Now everyone is going to go on holiday when they run competitions

I do solemnly swear that I will never put my holidays ahead of important dates in the running of my competitions, causing them to be pushed back to a new date.

Instead I will just ignore them completely while away and deal with things when I get back.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I do solemnly swear that I will never put my holidays ahead of important dates in the running of my competitions, causing them to be pushed back to a new date.

Instead I will just ignore them completely while away and deal with things when I get back.
Andonis1997 must be on the holiday of a lifetime then :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with just over a week to go, there’s only been two submissions so far.

caaaaaaarn

EDIT: three if I include myself.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
It is a little sad that even with an extended deadline this is happening.
Really just goes to show it doesn't matter how long you give people. Might aswell have the bidding process start a month before the comp, at least the buzz gets maintained that way.

It is a little sad that even with an extended deadline this is happening.
Why? There is no incentive to submit early, waiting right up until the deadline gives you the most time to improve your design.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Why? There is no incentive to submit early, waiting right up until the deadline gives you the most time to improve your design.

It also gives the most chance for the competition to be delayed due to people missing the deadline (which happens more often than not). The amount of time that has been given to get these designs in is way more than what was needed, but the lack of submissions tends to lead to the belief that people are not taking their time, rather that they are just not working on them and leaving it to the last minute. I am not saying that this is the case, but history has shown this does happen.

At this stage the tournament will be a four team round robin between Wellington, Perth Boomers, Melbourne & Anglesea.

That being said, I can understand people not handing in until the last second but Craegus raises a good point in that it causes delays when you’ve got two competitions somewhat reliant on each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back