Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Franchise Bidding & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AX1fiQTl.png

Due to the early announcement of the 2018/19 NAFL season, the Wellington NAFL organisation have been forced to announce that the moniker "Makos" will no longer be used for our organisation earlier than expected. The name will however remain a part of the organisation through our ownership group in the Makos Sports Group. Though our moniker is changing we will continue to use our current colours of midnight blue, light teal and white.

With the removal of the Makos name we have searched for a new name that represents our organisation and believe that we have found a strong name that links to our organisations history while taking us forward into the future. Along with this will come a new logo, part of which can be seen at the top of this announcement. The new logo is cleaner and more versatile than what we have had in the past and will be instantly recognisable in any form. The new moniker and logo will be unveiled in time, and we are sure that our fan base will be very happy with it, but for now know that it represents strength, teamwork, and intelligence, the three elements that our club strives to hold on the field each week.

We are also proud to announce our new in club charity We Are We Care. We have in the past had charities aligned with us but we felt that we could do more by supporting many areas instead of just one. This charity is based on the belief in the message We are Wellington which was our motto last season and will be extended with the launch of this charity. We will support the Wellington region across several areas including junior sports, health, and research and comes from the belief that we are an important part of the Wellington community and we want to help it more than we have in the past. The charity will be seen at home games throughout the season with donation collectors as well as other initiatives which will be announced at at later time.

But for now get behind the team with our #jointhepack and expect big things from your club in 2018/19.

- Wellington NAFL organisation.

I'll be putting up a new thread in the upcoming days regarding a new NAFL logo competition. This doesn't mean that the NAFL logo necessarily gets replaced as it would be an option in voting, but it gives designers a chance to give some new ideas to what features front and centre on everyone's designs.

This would need to include a main league logo and a reserves version.

I'll be putting up a new thread in the upcoming days regarding a new NAFL logo competition. This doesn't mean that the NAFL logo necessarily gets replaced as it would be an option in voting, but it gives designers a chance to give some new ideas to what features front and centre on everyone's designs.

wouldnt it also include Heritage, Premiers and possible a league logo for what ever round we choose ie. Womens, Location etc.

wouldnt it also include Heritage, Premiers and possible a league logo for what ever round we choose ie. Womens, Location etc.

details which would be entailed in the aforementioned thread.

but thanks anyway.

tenor.gif

Was actually going to suggest this for the new season. The current one is good, but we can always update it

Was actually going to suggest this for the new season. The current one is good, but we can always update it
Agree totally. An update isn't urgent but I could definitely be swayed by the right design. Good time to do it at the end of the E92 era.

Speaking of E92, a suggestion:

The E92 Medal

Voted on in a 3-2-1 format in a dedicated thread coinciding with the all-in-one round, where people vote for their top 3 individual kits out of every single kit designed, eg

3 - Wellington Away
2 - Melbourne Home
1 - Alice Springs NAFLW

It's likely that BW's home would have won this last year anyway, but it's a great way to recognise the top overall kit in a competition where a strong set of kits including away and alternates are so important.

Agree totally. An update isn't urgent but I could definitely be swayed by the right design. Good time to do it at the end of the E92 era.

Speaking of E92, a suggestion:

The E92 Medal

Voted on in a 3-2-1 format in a dedicated thread coinciding with the all-in-one round, where people vote for their top 3 individual kits out of every single kit designed, eg

3 - Wellington Away
2 - Melbourne Home
1 - Alice Springs NAFLW

It's likely that BW's home would have won this last year anyway, but it's a great way to recognise the top overall kit in a competition where a strong set of kits including away and alternates are so important.

Sounds like a great idea.

I think this may have been floated before, but what about NAFL State of Origin? The top designer in every state have the role of putting together a jumper for their respective state, which would compete against the other states in a one off poll or something. Would be a good way of rewarding the best designers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this may have been floated before, but what about NAFL State of Origin? The top designer in every state have the role of putting together a jumper for their respective state, which would compete against the other states in a one off poll or something. Would be a good way of rewarding the best designers.
Yes but they would have to change their states Guernsey because let's say I love the big v and Victoria, then I would vote for that even though it isn't the best design. Also it would take the fun away if its just the same as their states design.

Yes but they would have to change their states Guernsey because let's say I love the big v and Victoria, then I would vote for that even though it isn't the best design. Also it would take the fun away if its just the same as their states design.
Two things:

1) This is a design board so it would be expected that the designers present unique designs

2) If you're not going to vote on the designs presented then don't vote at all. Voting on allegiances, real or not, impacts the integrity of the competition

Two things:

1) This is a design board so it would be expected that the designers present unique designs

2) If you're not going to vote on the designs presented then don't vote at all. Voting on allegiances, real or not, impacts the integrity of the competition
Would it every state or lets say NT and ACT join as the Allies?

State of Origin isn't a bad idea - could be interesting.

Something to look at as an off-season side shoot (see: The NAFL NZ Challenge)

State of Origin isn't a bad idea - could be interesting.

Something to look at as an off-season side shoot (see: The NAFL NZ Challenge)
Another idea could be the NAFL Cup. The NAFL Cup would be the similar to the FA Cup, FFA Cup. NAFL and NAFLR Teams are placed into a draw and gets drawn an opponent for each round. It is a knockout and the winner is the NAFL Cup Champion.

Another idea could be the NAFL Cup. The NAFL Cup would be the similar to the FA Cup, FFA Cup. NAFL and NAFLR Teams are placed into a draw and gets drawn an opponent for each round. It is a knockout and the winner is the NAFL Cup Champion.

An additional major competition like that is something that hasn’t been done previously by E92_ and it’s not really needed. NAFL is the pinnacle of this board in terms of competition, it doesn’t need a cup comp running alongside IMO. If anything is going to change, it needs to be because it adds value. E has run this competition fantastically these past years and I don’t want to just go adding things for the sake of it.

Changing the logo will only happen if there’s a better alternative. Adding a small post-season competition such as SOO does no harm as it’s just a fun little “all-star” show at the end. Adding an extensive cup competition to a competition already running two loaded leagues for what will likely end up as the four finalists from the Top 4-8 of the main league is kind of unneeded.

An additional major competition like that is something that hasn’t been done previously by E92_ and it’s not really needed. NAFL is the pinnacle of this board in terms of competition, it doesn’t need a cup comp running alongside IMO. If anything is going to change, it needs to be because it adds value. E has run this competition fantastically these past years and I don’t want to just go adding things for the sake of it.

Changing the logo will only happen if there’s a better alternative. Adding a small post-season competition such as SOO does no harm as it’s just a fun little “all-star” show at the end.
or in the week off before finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back