Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Franchise Bidding & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

who did create the current NAFL logo?

lmach did. It’s an incredible logo and I don’t think it necessarily needs to change but it’s a chance to see if anyone does have a new alternative. It is a design competition after all.

lmach did. It’s an incredible logo and I don’t think it necessarily needs to change but it’s a chance to see if anyone does have a new alternative. It is a design competition after all.

Honestly the only part of the logo set that needs to change is the premiers logo. I have never felt that it looks right on kits and has somewhat detracted from the overall look of those kits, possibly because it has a more 3d look compared to the simple 2d of the main logo.

Yes but now is a good idea (or once your World Cup and Can Am entries are done) to start thinking of an identity for your team. Check out last year's NAFL and NAFL Reserves threads to get an idea of where teams have been based and the quality of entries at each level.
Don't think he should bother looking at the Northern Storm though.

Another idea could be the NAFL Cup. The NAFL Cup would be the similar to the FA Cup, FFA Cup. NAFL and NAFLR Teams are placed into a draw and gets drawn an opponent for each round. It is a knockout and the winner is the NAFL Cup Champion.
An additional major competition like that is something that hasn’t been done previously by E92_ and it’s not really needed. NAFL is the pinnacle of this board in terms of competition, it doesn’t need a cup comp running alongside IMO. If anything is going to change, it needs to be because it adds value. E has run this competition fantastically these past years and I don’t want to just go adding things for the sake of it.

Adding an extensive cup competition to a competition already running two loaded leagues for what will likely end up as the four finalists from the Top 4-8 of the main league is kind of unneeded.
I'd be happy to run something like that, even if it is a one-season trial.

We really don't need a cup competition for the NAFL, the 4/5 guernseys we have already is enough, no need to make it 5/6.
We don't even necessarily need to make a cup kit. When EPL teams play in the FA cup they just use their league kits. Of course a cup kit would be optional for those who decide to make one, however I do agree that the extra pressure of another design is not needed.

I'd be happy to run something like that, even if it is a one-season trial.

What's the point though? I'm not opposed to new ideas but I don't see how a NAFL Cup adds any value to the competition. There's a certain 'prestige', if you want to put it that way, about the NAFL Premiership. Having a cup competition waters it down a bit IMO.

We don't even necessarily need to make a cup kit. When EPL teams play in the FA cup they just use their league kits. Of course a cup kit would be optional for those who decide to make one, however I do agree that the extra pressure of another design is not needed.
Yeah, but when teams play in the FA cup, the football is the deciding factor, not the kits. If we use the same guernseys then we will inevitably get the same winner as the NAFL.

Yeah, but when teams play in the FA cup, the football is the deciding factor, not the kits. If we use the same guernseys then we will inevitably get the same winner as the NAFL.
But the same can be argued against the E92 cup/trophy/medal/award.
The best team is gonna have the best kit do you not think?

But the same can be argued against the E92 cup/trophy/medal/award.
The best team is gonna have the best kit do you not think?
Not necessarily. Some teams may have a great clash jumper that doesn’t get used. Or a s**t clash jumper that costs them a few wins but a great home jumper.

Not necessarily. Some teams may have a great clash jumper that doesn’t get used. Or a s**t clash jumper that costs them a few wins but a great home jumper.
And that's where upsets come. Who's to say a NAFLR team's home kit can't be better than a 1st div away kit? Especially with the rapid increase of quality designs in the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

basically it sounds like the issue is that the NAFLR guys want to compete against the NAFL guys. if only there was another ten or so competitions around the year where they could do that... y'know, that or get promoted.

Idea for State of Origin if we were to go down such a path - given Origin was about seeing players from varying or rival teams compete together, would be to make it a collaborative thing. Instead of just the top designer, make it the top 2 or 3 designers from each state.

What do people reckon?

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
In all seriousness, no cup. I’ll work to get promoted so I can play against the big guys, I don’t want that easy.
Idea for State of Origin if we were to go down such a path - given Origin was about seeing players from varying or rival teams compete together, would be to make it a collaborative thing. Instead of just the top designer, make it the top 2 or 3 designers from each state.

What do people reckon?
That sounds pretty cool, not sure how it would work with people using different programs though.

What do people reckon?
Yeah I was thinking collaboration as well. This board doesn't really have much so would be interesting.

State of Origin would take less than a week to be completed. Go State of Origin.

Not sure that I am even a fan of this. The NAFL has never been a regional competition in any way apart from regional team number restrictions, a state of origin kind of takes away from this.

And then what happens if there just happens to be 1 team from a state or territory (currently that may not be the case but it could happen), do they automatically become the designer for that region, or does that state or territory get merged with another and if so which one? Also what happens with New Zealand? Currently there are only 2 teams both from the north island, so the "winner" would have to then almost become a national team designer, but then if teams enter the NAFLR from the south island, does the winner come from both islands get chosen and becomes a national team or does NZ get split into two regions, as the two islands could be called separate as there is a rivalry between them.

Not sure that I am even a fan of this. The NAFL has never been a regional competition in any way apart from regional team number restrictions, a state of origin kind of takes away from this.

And then what happens if there just happens to be 1 team from a state or territory (currently that may not be the case but it could happen), do they automatically become the designer for that region, or does that state or territory get merged with another and if so which one? Also what happens with New Zealand? Currently there are only 2 teams both from the north island, so the "winner" would have to then almost become a national team designer, but then if teams enter the NAFLR from the south island, does the winner come from both islands get chosen and becomes a national team or does NZ get split into two regions, as the two islands could be called separate as there is a rivalry between them.

Origin would be based on where the designer is from, not the team.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
In all seriousness, no cup. I’ll work to get promoted so I can play against the big guys, I don’t want that easy.

That sounds pretty cool, not sure how it would work with people using different programs though.

That's half the fun I think - plus integrating between .AI and .PS isn't too bad, which is what pretty much all the top designers use anyway.

I think it would be Australian states + NZ in the first place anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back