Competition NAFL Reserves 2016/17 Team Announcement and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

how often does this comp run? id be keen to join but have already missed the deadline and have year 12 exams for another week or so

I created my Perth Boomers entry last year in 24 hours as an emergency- just whip something up and if someone doesn't enter, which is very likely, you'll probably get put in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I created my Perth Boomers entry last year in 24 hours as an emergency- just whip something up and if someone doesn't enter, which is very likely, you'll probably get put in

yeh id be able to quickly spew one out but i couldnt justify spending the time on it till mid next week (when i finish exams)
would that be too late to enter as an emergency by then?

15/19 teams received. Just waiting on alex 3549, Fizzler, Lachy_b1999 and EagleOz
So will I know when to actually release my Heritage design teaser?
Yeah, the fixture will denote heritage, monochromatic and all-in-one rounds.
yeh id be able to quickly spew one out but i couldnt justify spending the time on it till mid next week (when i finish exams)
would that be too late to enter as an emergency by then?
I'd prefer to have an even number of teams so you'd actually help to balance that out. I don't want you to feel pressured while you're doing your exams, but if you do think you can get it done next week I'd be happy to delay the start by a couple of days.

Unless anyone else has objections to that?

15/19 teams received. Just waiting on alex 3549, Fizzler, Lachy_b1999 and EagleOz

I'd prefer to have an even number of teams so you'd actually help to balance that out. I don't want you to feel pressured while you're doing your exams, but if you do think you can get it done next week I'd be happy to delay the start by a couple of days.

Yeh that shouldnt be a problem, is friday next week okay for a deadline?

Yeah mate let's just get going.

As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting the community, the Sydney Exiles NAFL Club are proud to announce that, for the 2016-17 NAFL Reserves season, our beneficiary charity organisation is Starlight Children's Foundation. Starlight's mission is "To brighten the lives of seriously ill children and their families".

During last year's NAFLR's season, the club benefited OXFAM on our Christmas guernsey. With the lack of a Christmas themed round this year, the club has taken the unprecedented step of promoting Starlight on our "monochromatic" uniform. For the first time ever, the Exiles will be running out in a purple and gold uniform, inspired by the logo of the Starlight Children's Foundation. All match-worn guernseys, shorts and socks will be auctioned off after the game. Supporters will also be able to purchase these items as replicas from the Exiles Shop.

We urge all members and supporters throughout the season to support Starlight, at Exiles games and at starlight.org.au/donate.

Here is a teaser for our 2016-17 Monochromatic Starlight Children's Foundation guernsey.

mono teaser-01.png

Yeah mate let's just get going.
Perhaps if there is an going to be an odd number of teams without Karkus1, then you could just just give his round one opponent the bye and then have them play two matchups in round two, that way we start asap and karkus gets to join in?
Just a thought, I'm not going to try and tell St Mark how to run his comp.

Perhaps if there is an going to be an odd number of teams without Karkus1, then you could just just give his round one opponent the bye and then have them play two matchups in round two, that way we start asap and karkus gets to join in?
Just a thought, I'm not going to try and tell St Mark how to run his comp.
Or we could kick the people who made a commitment and failed in sending them in on time.

Or we could kick the people who made a commitment and failed in sending them in on time.
I like thi idea of kicking people out, but we should still give Karkus a chance. If we do that we get a nice 16 team comp.

Also, if we were to do this, I'd be the best NQ team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back