Review Nat Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke who held the VFL/AFL record for brownlow votes per game for the first seven or so years of his career is an athlete, not a footballer?
How true. Can’t believe the crap you read on these forums. This blokes our greatest of all time Up there with Pav. Has hardly played in 2 years. Champions do not lose their talent and he will prove all the doubters wrong. No player in the afl is more driven and given a reasonable preseason will slot back in the team in whatever role Longy has in mind. To write him off given his year is an absolute joke.

I don't know where he fits in with how he plays at the moment and how the team is playing. However, if he's fit, I'm still picking him. More will than any player in the competition, extremely rapid hands, can still win clearances when the young fellas need a boost.

I don't know where he fits in with how he plays at the moment and how the team is playing. However, if he's fit, I'm still picking him. More will than any player in the competition, extremely rapid hands, can still win clearances when the young fellas need a boost.

Realistically he probably isn’t playing again this season although I’m sure he’ll try and get up if we make the Grand Final.

Longer term he’s got himself a pretty standard hamstring injury so he’s looking at starting pre season fully fit. Replaces Mundy in the middle, with stints up forward.

Could Nat play wing? Can he curb his natural inclination to get in and and under and instead hold his width at the contest?

If Acres goes I’m wondering if Fyfe can play that role. It should also prolong his career. What can Acres do that Fyfe can’t?

Realistically he probably isn’t playing again this season although I’m sure he’ll try and get up if we make the Grand Final.

Longer term he’s got himself a pretty standard hamstring injury so he’s looking at starting pre season fully fit. Replaces Mundy in the middle, with stints up forward.
Still want him.to back himself in front of goals..
His marking is still elite.
If he goes middle again he will upset the flow and his body will be destroyed I'm a few years.

Could Nat play wing? Can he curb his natural inclination to get in and and under and instead hold his width at the contest?

If Acres goes I’m wondering if Fyfe can play that role. It should also prolong his career. What can Acres do that Fyfe can’t?
Defensively fyfe might struggle

Kick goals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, on the odd chance we do make a grand final, who would you drop to get Fyfe in?

Walker? Not if we play Geelong, reckon he matches up with Stengle well.
O driscoll? Nah.
Acres? Maybe, but with limited prep don't reckon Fyfe could play wing.
Logue? Not if we play Geelong. Need him on one of their 2 key forwards I reckon.
Shultz? He's have to be very unlucky.
Brodie? Maybe but don't reckon Fyfe has the current fitness for a full game midfield.
Freddie? No chance.
Chappy? Possibility if Logue goes back.
Walters? Nope.
Switta? His forward pressure is too important.

So the only three I have is Chappy, Shultz or maybe Acres....

So, on the odd chance we do make a grand final, who would you drop to get Fyfe in?

Walker? Not if we play Geelong, reckon he matches up with Stengle well.
O driscoll? Nah.
Acres? Maybe, but with limited prep don't reckon Fyfe could play wing.
Logue? Not if we play Geelong. Need him on one of their 2 key forwards I reckon.
Shultz? He's have to be very unlucky.
Brodie? Maybe but don't reckon Fyfe has the current fitness for a full game midfield.
Freddie? No chance.
Chappy? Possibility if Logue goes back.
Walters? Nope.
Switta? His forward pressure is too important.

So the only three I have is Chappy, Shultz or maybe Acres....
If we make it and if Logue plays the next 2 like last week then you would think Fyfe over Logue would be pretty straightforward.

I don't reckon they will change a winning backline.

It's probably the right move if everyone stayed healthy. Would be pretty ballsy from the club though, to leave your captain and 2x Brownlow medalist out of the main team.

It sure would

He won't have the touch like the others would

If an injury occurred then Fyfe can play multiple positions. He offers flexibility.

It won't happen but I don't mind that option considering he won't be 100% match fit

It's probably the right move if everyone stayed healthy. Would be pretty ballsy from the club though, to leave your captain and 2x Brownlow medalist out of the main team.
When that kind of stuff happens, typically the player moves on in the trade period -- at a discount

I think that will forever redefine the idea of a 'super sub'
A mysterious incident in the rooms halfway through the 1st quarter of the GF leads to the medical sub being required. Freo caught up in controversy for months afterwards but the club remains unconcerned as it celebrates its first flag.

Fyfe as grand final sub is a great idea, can play basically anywhere, touch won't be as much of an issue as he'll start in the 3rd quarter a bit fresher than everyone, and if he doesn't get on the field then he gets a medal. Which i'm sure won't mean a whole lot to him if he doesnt play but its a just reward for carrying us 2015-2021.

One game at a time though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back