Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get why suddenly people have started spelling "he's" "HIS". Is it just poor education, or a fashion thing that I'm not privy to? I notice it a lot on this forum, from different posters. Is this a thing in Australia now, like Nek minnit?

I can sort of get with the your-you're thing, and the their-they've-there thing because they sound the same, likewise 'must of' instead of 'must have', i can even (just about) tolerate negligence towards punctuation...

...but /hiz/ and /heez/ don't even sound the same. "He's" is the abbreviated form of "he is", "his" is a possessive adjective meaning "belonging to him", and when I was a kid in the 70s, people learned how to use both expressions at primary school.

I don't expect perfection on a footy forum, and I make mistakes too, but I don't understand how these embedded errors can occur with literate people, unless English is not the first language.

I mainly notice the opposite.
Fred Blogs really makes the most of he's disposals. Arrrrrgh.
I hear people on the Radio ( mainly SEN ) pronouncing it like that.

Most common call centre offenders:

"I'm calling in regards to..."

It's 'in relation to' or 'regarding', ffs.

Oh, and 'the documentations'.

I've often fantasised about creating a purely grammar nazi account. Would easily have racked up about 30k posts by now, but it's just too much for one man.

Hahaha wow. You guys are to much.

OptimalThoseFoal.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunch of pricks. Get a message that I have 30 updates, top trending thread is Freeman. I think there is a problem, but come on here and there is a bunch of old men yelling at clouds over internet spelling and grammar.

Give yourselves a collective uppercut.

Bunch of pricks. Get a message that I have 30 updates, top trending thread is Freeman. I think there is a problem, but come on here and there is a bunch of old men yelling at clouds over internet spelling and grammar.

Give yourselves a collective uppercut.

Im wif joff. His rite. Your all to wound up.

Ohhhhh that hurt even just typing it..... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back