Multiplat NBA 2K22

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave up on my team pretty quickly, just not a huge fan of game modes where you have to craft / grind. Started a league and having a blast, fun mode and the gameplay has been very good.

They put out a patch the other day to tweak some of the gameplay. It's not hugely different but it's enough that I'm not enjoying it as much as I did the first few days. Before it was challenging but ok once you got used to it, now it's just frustrating. Blocking has been nerfed, AI gets BS layups over me all the time, getting stripped through dumb animations, AI gets tap backs to their players that shouldn't be physically possible, the AI seem to close down open players ridiculously quick! I'm still winning games and pushing through Domination, but getting more and more urge to rage quit through them.

My MyCareer save corrupted after just two days. Agree with the notion that PS5 version seems very buggy early doors.

wee joe allen avatar in 2021 is epic

If you don't understand the appeal of card collecting, you're probably not old enough.

I thought us old timers grew out of card collecting at about 12

I thought us old timers grew out of card collecting at about 12
Do we ever really grow out out it? 😉

My earliest basketball memories are actually from card collecting. My dad used to work in Hong Kong a lot and would come back with boxes of them. Upper deck, Sky box etc. We'd open them all up, collate full sets, hunt around collector stores for missing cards. Still have them in mint condition. Unfortunately, this being peak card collecting era, so does everyone else and they're worth * all. Would have been about 10-12 too.

Pulling a rare card gives a feeling like no other, you feel a sense of accomplishment and that you actually did something when you actually just spent a couple bucks and got lucky. 2k my team really fuels this feeling, especially this year. I remember in 2k20 pulling Amy Steph on day one and i went crazy, even the other day, opening my first pack and pulling Sapphire AI, while the card doesn't go for much, it gave me a great feeling and i now love that card.

The card grading feature extenuates this feeling as well as the ability to pull rare holo cards. I still get a bit excited whenever i get a base pack as a reward just because of that small chance of it being good.

Was working for me. Was only playing TT offline, but you know how 2k is, you need to be online to play offline.
Got through a TT offline game then had error code at the end, had to restart. Have put in a locker code twice and says can't redeem at the moment. Searched for a MyTeam limited game and couldn't find a game.
Will try again soon.

Pleasantly surprised with the good reviews online of this game, defense is much better and everything feels smoother and more balanced. Currently playing as a prime Carmelo 6'8" small forward that can play the 2 - 4 and be a secondary ball handler.

Server issues on PS5 seem to start if I leave the console in rest mode, so when I get the error I do a power down for 10 mins before turning it back on. Would suggest everyone try that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleasantly surprised with the good reviews online of this game, defense is much better and everything feels smoother and more balanced. Currently playing as a prime Carmelo 6'8" small forward that can play the 2 - 4 and be a secondary ball handler.

Server issues on PS5 seem to start if I leave the console in rest mode, so when I get the error I do a power down for 10 mins before turning it back on. Would suggest everyone try that.
Yeh, 21 was like that too. I'm in the habit of closing the game before I put it into rest mode.

I feel like the gameplay has been tweaked again and I'm enjoying it again. Or I've just gotten used to dealing with the AI BS.

Jesus, I am a pretty casual player but the myCareer 2k college s**t is insanely hard.
I reckon I'll probably give up and trade it in.
On this point guard who doesn't miss s**t no matter how much defensive efforts you put on him
and your teammates constantly not making the open shots you give them.

Probably more for the experienced 2k players, but casual fans stabbed in the knob.
Could only imagine if I didn't have vc to put his stats up.

Edit: Got mad, smashed 3s and won.
I am so bad I can't even try and lose.
Edit again: I think that guy I was defending was just insanely OP, I've defended the best players in the NBA that were easier than that guy.
Very strange but ah well seems easier now so I can stop bitching for now.

Last edited:
Jesus, I am a pretty casual player but the myCareer 2k college sh*t is insanely hard.
I reckon I'll probably give up and trade it in.
On this point guard who doesn't miss sh*t no matter how much defensive efforts you put on him
and your teammates constantly not making the open shots you give them.

Probably more for the experienced 2k players, but casual fans stabbed in the knob.
Could only imagine if I didn't have vc to put his stats up.

Edit: Got mad, smashed 3s and won.
I am so bad I can't even try and lose.
Edit again: I think that guy I was defending was just insanely OP, I've defended the best players in the NBA that were easier than that guy.
Very strange but ah well seems easier now so I can stop bitching for now.
I think the college had some OP players so you would lose and not get the badge upgrades. I got through them pretty easily and went pick 1 !

I think the college had some OP players so you would lose and not get the badge upgrades. I got through them pretty easily and went pick 1 !

First game was tough but manageable, second game was easy, that one with the insane PG was tough but other than him, it was a solid enough win. Flogged the next two and I got the championship game coming up.
Well done on pick 1, doubt I'll get there.

Do you get drafted by the team you want or is there an actual draft order and you can go anywhere? I prefer just ending up at a random team, so hopefully that

First game was tough but manageable, second game was easy, that one with the insane PG was tough but other than him, it was a solid enough win. Flogged the next two and I got the championship game coming up.
Well done on pick 1, doubt I'll get there.

Do you get drafted by the team you want or is there an actual draft order and you can go anywhere? I prefer just ending up at a random team, so hopefully that
It has like your projected draft position and mine said pick 1 and that it would be stupid to do the draft combine as I was clear number 1. So I didn't, then get a phone on draft night with the team that picks you. I went 1 to the pistons. My player is classified as a 'versatile paint beast' im a PF

Last edited:
It has like your projected draft position and mine said pick 1 and that it would be stupid to do the draft combine as I was clear number 1. So I didn't, then get a phone on draft night with the team that picks you. I went 1 to the pistons. My player is classified as a 'versatile paint beast' im a PF

Yeah, I was a lottery pick but couldn't be bothered with the combine.
Pick 3 to Cavs, very gross.

Really on the MyTeam grind, playing online as painful as ever.
Myteam is easily the worst online expierence in gaming i have year in year out. If it's not bad input delay or lag it's one of the sweats that spam the post spin and camp in the paint on defense all game. One of the few sport titles where i find playing the AI more enjoyable.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Myteam is easily the worst online expierence in gaming i have year in year out. If it's not bad input delay or lag it's one of the sweats that spam the post spin and camp in the paint on defense all game. One of the few sport titles where i find playing the AI more enjoyable.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeh, I hate online. It's just inconsistent, I'll brick nearly every slightly late wide open shot while my opponent makes lates and earlys. Every game. It's just always a painful experience. I can't stand when they put up XP challenges that force you to play online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back