Multiplat NBA 2K24

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameplay is good feels a bit smoother, replays with photo moments look awesome graphically.

Have only done a play now game and starting an Eras that’s it

Looked briefly at my team but looks the same as always and I’m not into that grinding for cards and levelling up.

Been getting slammed online for microtransactions being rife in My Team and basically all cards can be bought individually. Instead of at market place or something like that.

My Career looks poo.
I’ve never seen the appeal of My Team , My Career or any of those modes on any of the sports games like FIFA and Madden. I don’t know why people get sucked into it, same as games like Fortnite etc where you pay to level up.

I’ve been playing Eras mode and it’s great. Game play is good and graphically very nice.

I’ve never seen the appeal of My Team , My Career or any of those modes on any of the sports games like FIFA and Madden. I don’t know why people get sucked into it, same as games like Fortnite etc where you pay to level up.

I’ve been playing Eras mode and it’s great. Game play is good and graphically very nice.

I’ve played 2k for 22 years and never touched my team. Franchise mode has always been amazing and it gets better every year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah my team is so gross this year.
Surely they patch in Auction house, abysmal that you can just buy any card. Levelling up to 40 is just a painful Grind designed to entice you to just purchase level skips.
I just skip all the cutscenes and my player stuff just want to Grind him to play online with my mates.
But yeah, this iteration is absolute dogs balls

You can't see the appeal in MyCareer? People like playing with a player they created.

MyTeam I understand how people aren't interested but it's bemusing people can't understand how people are interested in MyCareer.

You can't see the appeal in MyCareer? People like playing with a player they created.

MyTeam I understand how people aren't interested but it's bemusing people can't understand how people are interested in MyCareer.
I’m not interested in a career where you have to grind and level up.

The easy way of having a “career” mode is creating yourself on a draft list in the eras mode, you can pick the same stuff like appearance and stats and then you are in a draft class and see where you end up?

I’m not interested in street ball or signing for Gatorade, just give me real teams and real players with the option of exiting draft classes and that’s a hell of a lot better than grinding a “career” mode.

The new 2k used to be one of my favourite days of the year, but I am so tired of it now.

And the issue isn't the microtransactions, or the price, or whatever nonsense goes on online.

It just isn't fun anymore.

10 minutes into my first MyCareer game. I am already finding it boring and couldn't care less. At least I have league pass to go with the game I guess.

The new 2k used to be one of my favourite days of the year, but I am so tired of it now.

And the issue isn't the microtransactions, or the price, or whatever nonsense goes on online.

10 minutes into my first MyCareer game. I am already finding it boring and couldn't care less. At least I have league pass to go with the game I guess.
Yeah, safe to say I'm burnt out when it comes to 2K. I didn't buy 23 after buying every one since 13 (and having preordered most of those) and can't say I had the urge to come back to it. Ended up downloading 23 when it was on PS Plus, don't think I touched it after the first week or two. Can't say anything I've heard about 24 has me interested in coming back.

My NBA 2K history in a nutshell

2K6
2K8
2K9
2K10 (was when I started to take the game much more seriously and fully got into My Player - without cheating/upgrading)
2K11 (still got into my player, and association)
2K12 (my most played 2K game - spent hours upon hours upon hours, even reinstalled it throughout the COVID pandemic!)

2K10-2K12 were also multi platform purchases!!

2K13 (the beginning of the end, noticed it started to become much more of a grind - I like a challenge and don't want games to be easy as such, but I'd like my player to naturally improve across 1-2 seasons not 5+ :p).
2K15 (yikes just checked the time played on Steam - barely 42 hours and last played in November 2015).

I have purchased a few iterations since then, but when they were on the cheap (have 2K21 or 2K22 on the Switch for example - it was only $2 and I wanted to play a portable basketball game lol). I have a few others via the Playstation store (when they were a freebie on PS+ - 2K16 and 2K20).Also have 2K19 and 2K20 on Xbox. Good for a casual bash but not much else really.

I'd like to get back into the franchise, but playing the later iterations... as much as the graphics have gotten better over time. Overall for me the animations haven't EVOLVED a hell of a lot. I still see a lot of the same roboticness that existed in 2K6 - in present day editions.

I don’t know what people expect when it comes to modern day sports games, they are all going to be the same most years aren’t they? Every franchise I’ve played over the past 5-8 years have all been the same game basically with changes to graphics/ logos and some game modes whether it be NFL NBA Cricket NHL FIFA they are pretty much the same game? Even with AFL coming out if that ends up being a 2 year release game essentially the game play will be the same?

NBA and FIFA did try and do some different stuff with the street ball modes but that side of it doesn’t interest me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know what people expect when it comes to modern day sports games, they are all going to be the same most years aren’t they? Every franchise I’ve played over the past 5-8 years have all been the same game basically with changes to graphics/ logos and some game modes whether it be NFL NBA Cricket NHL FIFA they are pretty much the same game? Even with AFL coming out if that ends up being a 2 year release game essentially the game play will be the same?

Aside from current day rosters improved graphics and gameplay. Although some games (Fifa, NBA, WWE etc) take modes out and reintroduce them as "all new" a few years later,even though they're borderline the same as years prior.

For mine the WWE 2K17 game was perfect (roster line up, graphics and gameplay hit the mark) but it hasn't hit the same mark since. 2k22 was good though.

Last year was the first one I'd purchased at release for a good 3 or 4 years and I think I'll go back to waiting until it's free on PS+

The whole extra milking money through season pass. No thanks, skip. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Still got 23 if I've got a basketball itch.

From all reports this was a good decision. Esp as MyTeam is an extreme money grab

Aside from current day rosters improved graphics and gameplay. Although some games (Fifa, NBA, WWE etc) take modes out and reintroduce them as "all new" a few years later,even though they're borderline the same as years prior.

For mine the WWE 2K17 game was perfect (roster line up, graphics and gameplay hit the mark) but it hasn't hit the same mark since. 2k22 was good though.
I’d argue WWE 2K22 and 23 are far superior than any of the others for overall package but the only difference from 22 and 23 is the War Games addition.

In essence unless you’re going to completely change the style and go to the AEW game style it’s hard to make it any different? It’s the same as NBA and FIFA how do you change the core game play? You can’t really because it’s how the sport is.

I’d argue WWE 2K22 and 23 are far superior than any of the others for overall package but the only difference from 22 and 23 is the War Games addition.

In essence unless you’re going to completely change the style and go to the AEW game style it’s hard to make it any different? It’s the same as NBA and FIFA how do you change the core game play? You can’t really because it’s how the sport is.

I'd like to see them introduce new animations - yes there are only so many ways you can alley oop, throw passes, layups etc etc.
Or likewise in Fifa there are only so many ways to "kick" the ball as a pass or a shot for goal (or the celebrations).

The WWE series, there are quite a few move animations that are still the same from earlier entries in the series!

Was able to put a bit of time in over last few mornings.

Eras mode current day but edited the draft class and added all legends and some 90s 2000s players like Rodman Mugsy Wallace Yao Ming etc to the draft.

Lebron went to the Mavs via Free Agency and their line up consists of Melo Kyrie Lebron Luka and Alonzo Mourning

Knicks have Ewing Scottie Pippen And Karl Malone

Pacers have MJ , Stoudamire and Dirk.

Spurs got Shaq , Duncan and Garnett.

It’s made the entire comp pretty even aside from the Nets and Suns they must have traded picks away as they don’t have any top tier players from those eras

I’m not interested in a career where you have to grind and level up.

The easy way of having a “career” mode is creating yourself on a draft list in the eras mode, you can pick the same stuff like appearance and stats and then you are in a draft class and see where you end up?

I’m not interested in street ball or signing for Gatorade, just give me real teams and real players with the option of exiting draft classes and that’s a hell of a lot better than grinding a “career” mode.
There has to be a middle ground.
NBA 2k has made it impossible for free gamers or grinders to get close to 80 ranked.
Am a solid player, but it's unfair being a Centre for example, that can't even get a rebound because some teenager spent money on boosting VCs. There's no skill to it.

NBA 2k sucks these days. Just no appeal anymore

Have to say after giving it more of a go now, it's the best 2k I have played in years.

I was initially put off by all the usual online/City nonsense, but I worked out I could just totally ignore all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back