Multiplat NBA 2K24

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicho50

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
It's that time of year again for me where the best game of the year comes out shortly. First look at the new Pro Play feature and some news on added features and styles this year.
2K did release a road map in the lead up of what they would be showing at what dates before release.

NBA-2K24-Content-Roadmap-1140x570.jpg

Another year, another full-priced "update" with minimal improvements, still the same old s**t for the PC version too.

I assume ProPLAY will be some AI generated animations captured from NBA footage to break up the more standard animations.
You could say the same for every sports game ever made. When you release sports games on a yearly basis there is never going to be huge radical changes. WWE2K is the only one of recent times that drastically changed and that was due to a really botched 2K20 and the change of engine.

I don't really play My Team so the whole VC and spending money etc doesn't effect me. Happy to spend money on a yearly basis for games like this that give me enjoyment.

You could say the same for every sports game ever made. When you release sports games on a yearly basis there is never going to be huge radical changes. WWE2K is the only one of recent times that drastically changed and that was due to a really botched 2K20 and the change of engine.

I don't really play My Team so the whole VC and spending money etc doesn't effect me. Happy to spend money on a yearly basis for games like this that give me enjoyment.
Yep, and that's why basically the entire genre is ridiculed. They'd probably get more players if they moved to a "season pass" model like plenty of other games, but they're busy enjoying the fact people will buy the same game over and over again, along with microtransactions for the lazy people.

Yep, and that's why basically the entire genre is ridiculed. They'd probably get more players if they moved to a "season pass" model like plenty of other games, but they're busy enjoying the fact people will buy the same game over and over again, along with microtransactions for the lazy people.
2K already do "seasons" they have different challenges and rewards for those that play those modes, WWE 2K is similar where in the faction mode which is essentially a my team thing they do different season/ challenges.

I don't find anything wrong with sports genres at all, in fact I like the consistency of the games, NBA added ERAS last season which was a decent addition, WWE added some different modes like War Games.

I'll never understand the comments of "its the same game" when it comes to sports games. No s**t it is. They're not reinventing the sport every iteration. If it's the same game, stick with your 2008 version then.

I'll never understand the comments of "its the same game" when it comes to sports games. No s**t it is. They're not reinventing the sport every iteration. If it's the same game, stick with your 2008 version then.
Everyone I have ever played whether its NFL, FIFA, NBA, NHL, MLB there is always something different added whether its a mode, features, styles....

They have sunk to new lows with not one but two season passes.

EA bring back NBA Live, just give some sort of competition to these parasites.
Kinda impressive that they've found a way to make even the Level 40 reward PTW. Just fork over an extra $80 on release and you automatically have the best card in the game.

There's no limit to their scumminess.

For those that aren’t interested in my team or my career 2K is miles ahead of the EA Live games. Never had an issue playing leagues and eras offline. Great game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding a battle pass to a $100 roster update is standard gross 2K.
These things make sense in free to play games, but for essential roster updates and resetting your Myplayer and charging full price, or one of the 4 different proced versions. Soo gross.

Forget the season passes and my team stuff this is the best mode on the game. Never really got into the card style stuff on any sports games, rather dive into seasons and I enjoyed these new era modes last year. Love how the graphics change dependant on year you start in and with calls like the Sonics keeping them in etc is a good addition to the game. Last year I remember keeping them in and getting them up to current day and it's good to download custom draft classes that others have made for the following years. This year sounds promising that "some" players will age as you go on.

Another year, another full-priced "update" with minimal improvements, still the same old s**t for the PC version too.

I assume ProPLAY will be some AI generated animations captured from NBA footage to break up the more standard animations.

I literally just walked into this thread to see if PC version was still last gen with missing features still >.>

I used to buy the same games every year.

I now buy one title a year, but mix it up. Madden one year, F1 the next, 2k the year after etc etc.

By the time I roll back around to the next version, it generally feels different/like an improved game.

Seems like a lot of changes to the My Team side of things but it's a mode I have never really understood or got into so it doesn't faze me to much. I buy these sports games for the league/ seasons.

I used to buy the same games every year.

I now buy one title a year, but mix it up. Madden one year, F1 the next, 2k the year after etc etc.

By the time I roll back around to the next version, it generally feels different/like an improved game.

This is the most sensible approach to the majority of sports titles. They are inherently iterative in nature and buying them yearly you're not getting much bang for your buck.

Anyone played yet?

If so, how is the actual gameplay? Not fused about the MyTeam stuff tbh

Anyone played yet?

If so, how is the actual gameplay? Not fused about the MyTeam stuff tbh
Not yet downloaded today whilst at work. Will give it a go tonight for a bit.

Same boat not interested in my team or my career. Not into levelling up with VC etc but definitely keen for the Eras modes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back