NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's time to change. NBN has been live for 2 or 3 weeks and they have gradually slashed my cable broadband bandwidth from 27 to like 2ish.
Yep I'm good...
60166562.png
60169795.png

Any idea why speedtest.net keeps defaulting my location to Brisbane?
I need to keep manually selecting to Telstra Melbourne servers for testing...
you can go into settings and change your default server, it's meant to do ping test based to work out your server so I get different results depending if I'm on a VPN or not, and which VPN end point I'm using

Weird you are getting Brisbane though if you aren't running a VPN, unless you somehow saved it as your default server under settings

you can go into settings and change your default server, it's meant to do ping test based to work out your server so I get different results depending if I'm on a VPN or not, and which VPN end point I'm using

Weird you are getting Brisbane though if you aren't running a VPN, unless you somehow saved it as your default server under settings
Never been into settings in speedtest. Also weird it was giving me US date format, miles not kilometres and messed up the times compared to my Windows clock... Those speedtests were done around 10.30 last night.

Meh whatever. Zero *s..

Aussiebroadband are great. Wont oversell an area if they don't have the bandwidth at the POI (and will add more if needed). Unfortunately the FTTN is utter s**t and I and the people around me have a service that continuously drops out to the point where sometimes it is off more than it is on.
Today is the first good day I have had in a long time - only 8 dropouts till 10.00 am. Of course today is the day the NBN tech is coming to visit. o_O

Edit - lol, it dropped out just as I was posting this for half an hour.

Never been into settings in speedtest. Also weird it was giving me US date format, miles not kilometres and messed up the times compared to my Windows clock... Those speedtests were done around 10.30 last night.

Meh whatever. Zero ****s..
so what are you on HFC, FTTN FTTC?

FTTC but the copper to the house was stuffed 2 years ago & was replaced by Telstra. So practically brand spanking new.
thats going to be me in about 18 months I guess

I get my NBN in a few weeks Im dreading it,I have very reasonable internet now and Im worried it will get worse not better.
Stupidly said yes instead of waiting for a change of Government first

Been great in my case. For 17 years best I could get on broadband was 2.5 to 3.5 mbps. On the NBN (FTTN) I am currently getting 80 to 85 mbps.

For work and family, its alleviated a few headaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's time to change. NBN has been live for 2 or 3 weeks and they have gradually slashed my cable broadband bandwidth from 27 to like 2ish.

Did you end up changing? I've been rocking about 55/5 since February on my Telstra cable since NBN rolled out here. I had an outage last week where they were doing something to the NBN and since then I've only been getting around 30/3. I don't know if it's just the network being arse or if NBN Co and/or Telstra are being jerks.

Did you end up changing? I've been rocking about 55/5 since February on my Telstra cable since NBN rolled out here. I had an outage last week where they were doing something to the NBN and since then I've only been getting around 30/3. I don't know if it's just the network being arse or if NBN Co and/or Telstra are being jerks.
have you tried rebooting your modem?

Yeah. My NBN speedtests are a few posts back.
I suspect they crippled the Cable in my area inside a week of NBN going live.
I got the Telstra self install kit with the FTC box and a Tesltra router mailed out in a few days.
Set up was only a few cables and power adaptors and was at full speed after an hour.
Cost nothing and didn't alter my existing contract length.

I got the Telstra self install kit with the FTC box and a Tesltra router mailed out in a few days.
Set up was only a few cables and power adaptors and was at full speed after an hour.

Were you still in a contract? Mine finished about 5 years ago and have been going month to month ever since. I haven't actually talked to them about it but I don't think they'd roll me over like that without me signing a new one lol.

Thats an interesting comment. I thought/felt the same thing with mine. I had no issues until NBN went live and they were all ready to set me up for NBN as soon as i rang

Were you still in a contract? Mine finished about 5 years ago and have been going month to month ever since. I haven't actually talked to them about it but I don't think they'd roll me over like that without me signing a new one lol.
I was month to month also for ages but I had to recontract to get rid of the Foxtel bundle..

Good riddance!

FTTN is just a tie over till the wireless tech jumps in.

FTTH a waste of money on a retrofit. Digging in established homes a nightmare especially as existing cables are often bent too sharp for fibre.

And the NBN backend was never going to be big enough for fibre all round.

There is only two fibre backbones I believe which is the bottleneck.

Just for underground power is about $8000 to past youf house.

NIGHTHAWK® M1
Model: MR1100

View Details

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Max 1 Gbps download speeds & 150 Mbps upload speeds
• LTE CAT 16, LTE Advanced 4-band CA, 4x4 MIMO
• Up to 4X Carrier Aggregation
• LTE/4G 700/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Dimensions: 105.5 (L) x 105.5 (W) x 20.35 (H) mm
• Weight: 240 g (with battery)
• Battery: 5040mAh for up to 24 hours of use