NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit disrespectful and tiring to be honest.

For example Wyche have had 2 players reach 300 senior games in the last year (loyalty that is quite uncommon these days).

Nully/Wyche have 35 Senior premierships in total over a 60 year period (when Wyche Narraport merged). Largely due to loyalty and club culture.

I think in 2016 Wycheproof had their last 16 under 16 best fairests playing at the club.

The NCFL has gone nearly 30 years without a merger or club folding. Including long periods of drought that decimated these communities.

Time to stop knocking clubs who have the passion, work ethic and spirit to punch above their weight and maybe look internally on how to retain juniors.

Could they use a Nullawil jumper with the Wycheproof V and use wyches Blue for the symbol at the front

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red V on a Maroon jumper?

I reckon you could come up with something pretty good with Maroon and Navy blue

Trial and error get a vision and see how it looks. Blue V on a Maroon jumper might be the go.
I love the look of the sandhurst jumper I think that’s a good template or starting point

Trial and error get a vision and see how it looks. Blue V on a Maroon jumper might be the go.
I love the look of the sandhurst jumper I think that’s a good template or starting point

Agree.

Nowadays it’s much easier to design your own jumpers so can come up with whatever you want.

In the old days it was easier to have a jumper based on an AFL club as they were easier to produce

A bit disrespectful and tiring to be honest.

For example Wyche have had 2 players reach 300 senior games in the last year (loyalty that is quite uncommon these days).

Nully/Wyche have 35 Senior premierships in total over a 60 year period (when Wyche Narraport merged). Largely due to loyalty and club culture.

I think in 2016 Wycheproof had their last 16 under 16 best fairests playing at the club.

The NCFL has gone nearly 30 years without a merger or club folding. Including long periods of drought that decimated these communities.

Time to stop knocking clubs who have the passion, work ethic and spirit to punch above their weight and maybe look internally on how to retain juniors.

There is plenty of merit in a lot of what you say, and the general consensus, i agree.

but let’s not pretend that things are as they were back in 2016 - Its a completely different landscape.

2015 St. Arnaud - 13
2016 Charlton - 12
2017 Wyche - 11
2018 Wyche - 12
2019 Tigers - 8?
2022 Bulls - 8
2023 Tigers - 8

The above, is the number of born and bred locals in 6 of the last 7 grand final winning sides.

(Tigers also managed to snag the Woomelang boys as 1 point players on top of their locals)

There is plenty of merit in a lot of what you say, and the general consensus, i agree.

but let’s not pretend that things are as they were back in 2016 - Its a completely different landscape.

2015 St. Arnaud - 13
2016 Charlton - 12
2017 Wyche - 11
2018 Wyche - 12
2019 Tigers - 8?
2022 Bulls - 8
2023 Tigers - 8

The above, is the number of born and bred locals in 6 of the last 7 grand final winning sides.

(Tigers also managed to snag the Woomelang boys as 1 point players on top of their locals)

Totally different landscape agreed. I would argue that is the reason they are merging. They jurnior numbers are well down and for an extended period which means there are no locals to retain for senior footy.

Even when Wycheproof won their last 2 flags it took a huge % of locals to be retained. Its not as if they had local jrs coming out there ears in the early to mid 2000s its the retention % that was the conerstone of the success.

Look at St.Arnaud now who have really improved this year, albeit without a win yet. It will come though. They have added a few but the local kids are really coming on. If they retain that group then theyll contend in a few years time no doubt. I hope they do. But that rention has been something theyve struggled with.

Totally different landscape agreed. I would argue that is the reason they are merging. They jurnior numbers are well down and for an extended period which means there are no locals to retain for senior footy.

Even when Wycheproof won their last 2 flags it took a huge % of locals to be retained. Its not as if they had local jrs coming out there ears in the early to mid 2000s its the retention % that was the conerstone of the success.

Look at St.Arnaud now who have really improved this year, albeit without a win yet. It will come though. They have added a few but the local kids are really coming on. If they retain that group then theyll contend in a few years time no doubt. I hope they do. But that rention has been something theyve struggled with.
Who are St Arnauds young kids in their current senior team. I have just heard that they are just middle to oldish blokes as well as their recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back