ND Pick 17 - Josh Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

(WC supporter)

Did certainly seem Masto said a little more than he was a nicely skilled but low endurance player. He has also criticised him heavily elsewhere. As have a few Freo supporters on the D&T board.

Anyway, like I said at the time he is a massive value pick at 17ish. He won't get a lot of the ball in his first couple of years but that doesn't mean he can't play the role of an impact player. His pace, vision and footskills just about guarantee he could still easily effect a match with only a handfull of disposals.

Just to qualify, I see Simpson as a mid (albeit a skinny one at present), which last time I checked was distinct from a flanker (as referred to in the post that you've quoted).

It seems the tears are Wellinghaming up in the eyes of some opposition supporters eyes at the thought of not getting Simpson.

At the end of the day WC have Wellingham and 3 players drafter who I don't think will be much. They need Ham to be worth every bit of their trade otherwise what a waste of a draft.

(WC supporter)

Did certainly seem Masto said a little more than he was a nicely skilled but low endurance player. He has also criticised him heavily elsewhere. As have a few Freo supporters on the D&T board.

Anyway, like I said at the time he is a massive value pick at 17ish. He won't get a lot of the ball in his first couple of years but that doesn't mean he can't play the role of an impact player. His pace, vision and footskills just about guarantee he could still easily effect a match with only a handfull of disposals.

Hang on. Please don't misrepresent my comments as critisizing or not rating Josh Simpson. The question was asked; "is Josh Simpson better than Crozier?" To which I replied "Nope". I stand by that comment. I happen to rate Crozier as our most exciting prospect from last years draft. In fact, I think that Crozier could possibly become an absolute A grade superstar over the next few years. Josh Simpson in my opinion has a very similar level of talent and the fact that we already have Crozier (and a stack of other midfielders) on our list led me to make the above comment. As I stated elsewhere, I'd rather have drafted Mason Shaw or Tim O'Brien, but that doesn't mean I don't rate Josh Simpson.

Hang on. Please don't misrepresent my comments as critisizing or not rating Josh Simpson. The question was asked; "is Josh Simpson better than Crozier?" To which I replied "Nope". I stand by that comment. I happen to rate Crozier as our most exciting prospect from last years draft. In fact, I think that Crozier could possibly become an absolute A grade superstar over the next few years. Josh Simpson in my opinion has a very similar level of talent and the fact that we already have Crozier (and a stack of other midfielders) on our list led me to make the above comment. As I stated elsewhere, I'd rather have drafted Mason Shaw or Tim O'Brien, but that doesn't mean I don't rate Josh Simpson.

I hate it when WC supporters decide to hop on these Freo threads to have a stab at us and skew our words.

Keep up dat equivocating bro.

Keep up dat equivocating bro.

You mean equivocating Crozier's talent with Simpson? I will! It's not a long bow to draw. Simpson was taken at pick 17, crozier at pick 20. Simpson may have a better kick but Crozier finds the footy more often and his marking is sublime.

You mean equivocating Crozier's talent with Simpson? I will! It's not a long bow to draw. Simpson was taken at pick 17, crozier at pick 20. Simpson may have a better kick but Crozier finds the footy more often and his marking is sublime.
Both players will make ideal subs next year as they continue to build muscle/strength/fitness. Both have the ability to impact on the scoreboard quickly.

What I want to know is has Josh Simpson ever held a position of fiscal responsibility in a company which, during his time, suffered a severe fall in stock price resulting in a real loss to investors?

There is a fatherhood joke in here that I'm just not willing to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know why people some who have seen very little of Simpson can compare him to other players in the AFL considering he hasn't even played a game of AFL yet.

most of these comparisons are coming off what people in the know have said. I.e I think it was quale who said there was a bit of lewis jetta in simpson

I want to know why people some who have seen very little of Simpson can compare him to other players in the AFL considering he hasn't even played a game of AFL yet.

Because he plays the same sport and displays similar traits. For example when Lewis Jetta gets the ball, he runs flat out towards goal. As does Simpson.

And he squirrels like Cyril.

Check out his answer to this question:

Which AFL player do you model your game on?
I’m a team player who can always win a game and I’m someone who people can rely on.

There was a quote from him in the (printed) West today that I'm not sure made it anywhere else.
He said he can't wait to start training, which is not unusual but he went on to say he is going to do his best to make the round 1 team next year, which is a little less usual from new draftees, they usually say they will leave it up to the coach or something. Then the bit I really liked, he said he works best with straight-shooters like Ross Lyon. That he takes criticism on the chin and then gets to work on the training track to improve. I really liked that! He sounds very determined and driven.

There was a quote from him in the (printed) West today that I'm not sure made it anywhere else.
He said he can't wait to start training, which is not unusual but he went on to say he is going to do his best to make the round 1 team next year, which is a little less usual from new draftees, they usually say they will leave it up to the coach or something. Then the bit I really liked, he said he works best with straight-shooters like Ross Lyon. That he takes criticism on the chin and then gets to work on the training track to improve. I really liked that! He sounds very determined and driven.

Nice! I reckon we have struck gold. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back