ND Pick 17 - Josh Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a quote from him in the (printed) West today that I'm not sure made it anywhere else.
He said he can't wait to start training, which is not unusual but he went on to say he is going to do his best to make the round 1 team next year, which is a little less usual from new draftees, they usually say they will leave it up to the coach or something. Then the bit I really liked, he said he works best with straight-shooters like Ross Lyon. That he takes criticism on the chin and then gets to work on the training track to improve. I really liked that! He sounds very determined and driven.
Tears of joy are Wellinghaming up in my eyes thinking of Josh Simpson inserting himself into the midfield come round one!!!

Then the bit I really liked, he said he works best with straight-shooters like Ross Lyon. That he takes criticism on the chin and then gets to work on the training track to improve. I really liked that! He sounds very determined and driven.

Read and liked this also.
He sounds like a kid who loves his footy and is keen to learn and improve as much as he can.
Cant ask for a better outlook than what he shows in that interview.

Sounds like a great recruit.

Have met (and taught) a few of the Simpsons from Yalgoo, and all the family I came across were very impressive. Doesn't surprise me that young Josh seems much the same. Bleeds purple apparently. Once found a large gold nugget on the outskirts of Yalgoo. Freo has struck gold too.

Have met (and taught) a few of the Simpsons from Yalgoo, and all the family I came across were very impressive. Doesn't surprise me that young Josh seems much the same. Bleeds purple apparently. Once found a large gold nugget on the outskirts of Yalgoo. Freo has struck gold too.
Did you find the gold nugget or did Josh?

He obviously has the best coach to learn from, if he likes a straight shooter. I think the old indigenous players would form a great support network too. Does Troy Cook still knock around the club a bit? Would be a great mentor I would imagine. Rodger is there at least, they could have a slippery noodle competition. And I dont mean that in a dirty way, I mean in an evasive way.

He obviously has the best coach to learn from, if he likes a straight shooter. I think the old indigenous players would form a great support network too. Does Troy Cook still knock around the club a bit? Would be a great mentor I would imagine. Rodger is there at least, they could have a slippery noodle competition. And I dont mean that in a dirty way, I mean in an evasive way.

They could use Gus arms as a slippery noodle

Herald Sun today has him as one of top steals of draft with Brody grundy and 3 others, journo Jay Clark, can't find online

Time will tell

There's a lot I like about Simpson, but the fact that he's been brought up by an Eagle supporting Grandmother but he chose to support us takes real character. In fact it takes real character not to just follow the flock in WA and support FFC fullstop.:D

I like the air of arrogance/confidence he has, both from the footage where he takes opponents on, and his comments saying he is aiming to be playing next year. Hilly might be the natural guy to take Simpson under his wing, but I hope some of Simpson's traits can rub off on Hill as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could well be, I'd like to see whoever has the best defensive pressure skills out of the 3 play a tight-checking damaging 2 way running defender role (possibly Simpson), whilst the other 2 could assist from half back to play on wings, through the middle and even potting some goals from well outside the 50 in half forward roles.

Sorry, no it was me that was detecting around Yalgoo. Josh would have been a 3 or 4 year old more interested in chasing bungarras I would think.
I've seen a few bungarras out Leinster way. No way I would be chasing them buggers:eek:

It will get tricky when/if Crozier starts to demand a midfield spot, then you have Morabito of course with guys like Neale/Sheridan/Duffy pushing their claims as well. Obviously it's a great problem to have though.

List is getting dangerously close to a spud-free zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back