ND Pick 17 - Josh Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if simpson will play next year. The only young boy who got a real crack at the NAB cup was neale. And the opportunity for the new draftees in 2012 was limited, thanks to a good run with injuries. I think if they dont play much in 2013, it is a good sign that we havent copped too many injuries

I agree KPR, I wouldn't expect too many debutants this upcoming season. With no injuries it would rule out Rookies getting a game (Mangina, Sloth and Marley) and out of the draftees, Josh may get a few games as sub like we used Neale, Crozier and Sheridan this year.

If we manage to get a KPF in the PSD that will probably be the only inclusion to the best 22.

he looks like an upgrade on Sheriden,Crozier,Sutcliffe and Neale who all gota game this year,so he would have to be a chance to get a run at some stage next year barring injury

Are there actually any worthy key forwards available?

history suggests that there are not too many key forwards who come out of the rookie draft to be meaningful afl players. I could be wrong but, off the top of my head the best is probably and sadly, quinten lynch, as he has gotten to the 200 game mark. Podsiadly is handy as well. Im sure there are other examples, but in general, if you are relying on a rookie key forward to be your future, you are more than likely going to be disappointed. we can sprout off all of these names, but in reality they werent drafted for a reason, same thing happens every year.

history suggests that there are not too many key forwards who come out of the rookie draft to be meaningful afl players. I could be wrong but, off the top of my head the best is probably and sadly, quinten lynch, as he has gotten to the 200 game mark. Podsiadly is handy as well. Im sure there are other examples, but in general, if you are relying on a rookie key forward to be your future, you are more than likely going to be disappointed. we can sprout off all of these names, but in reality they werent drafted for a reason, same thing happens every year.

Thought as much....Buddy it is then,geez the speculation will be rediculous if Buddy hasn't signed by the end of next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah and America didn't really land a man to the moon.

Yeah, and grizzly adams had a beard!

mcgavin.jpg

Really excited about this kid. I think he has the character to succeed too. Can't wait to see how people justify the Freo/Lyon = boring tag with so many excitement machines in the team

actually that part of it will be interesting to see. I think players like walters, ballantyne, crozier and it seems simpson and duffy (if and when they get a game) dont know how to play the game any way other than with their natural flare. Definitely not synonomous with the ross lyon perception

I spotted this photo of the AFL/AIS academy in Europe April this year. I'm pretty sure this is Josh Simpson. But he looks well built in this photo. Did he drop weight after breaking his collarbone?

joeanddipper.jpg

I spotted this photo of the AFL/AIS academy in Europe April this year. I'm pretty sure this is Josh Simpson. But he looks well built in this photo. Did he drop weight after breaking his collarbone?

I caught a flight to LA 2 weeks ago and sat in & around Carlton players. Including Robbie Warnock who was only tool in the whole group. The point was that just about were all were very lean and little bulk; from Waite through to Gibbs/Yarran...all. Body shapes have changes a lot in recent years. (also an NRL team was on same flight and chalk & cheese)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back