Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

why bother? There is a core group of whingers and the whole board gets sucked into the spiral. Nobody is happy unless they’ve gotten something to bitch and complain about. Hell, you’ve even turned Kristof to the dark side! 🤣
If we win another flag, there will genuinely be some Crows supporters that would be upset with this, lol. :D

jenny61_99 7 posts in the negative thread that started yesterday and only 6 posts in the positive thread that was started May 2022.

Hmm, what does that say about Jenny?
That she treated your "positive" thread with the disdain it deserves? ;) To be fair, I had you on ignore so couldn't see anything by you.

That she treated your "positive" thread with the disdain it deserves? ;) To be fair, I had you on ignore so couldn't see anything by you.
So have I until 2 days ago, probably won't be long before he forces me to flick the switch again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a thread for dispassionate, measured discussion of club stupidity.

No empty complaints, just classic Scorpus-isms that outline when the club has done something dumb against their own self interest.

Or maybe make complaints - whatever, I don't care, I'm not your mum.

I'll start. Signing an injured person to a six-month deal. If the player ALSO thinks it's surprisingly dumb, it was a bad decision.
What a great thread. My main complaint with the club for 5 years now is our list management, recruitment and drafting. While I'm very happy with the recruitment of Dawson and Rankine there is far too many mistakes by list management, trading, and drafting over the last 5-8 years. Has the club fixed this? Not in the slightest. Hamish Ogilvie, Reid and Riccuito still control our list and while they still do we will be a bottom 8 side in perpetuity.

Surely if they had any self awareness they would step away from the disaster they have orchestrated but no they continue on chasing a "dream" that they will suddenly become talented at running a football program. I hope I was constructive in my criticism but these idiots need to be shown the door.

Last edited:
Wait till they announce Sloane as captain of the Club for 2023.
Then wait until he becomes a permanent feature of our centre bounces!

Dawson to continue as the best back pocket in the league!

Couple of heart piercing possibilities right there

Still can't believe we snookered ourselves with our list management, we are a bottom side, bottom sides don't get left with no room on their list.

Worried we pist away the opportunity to draft Phillipou, I'm hoping he doesn't become a gun mid for the Saints after we gave away pick 5(6)

Last edited:
I'm just hoping McHenry isn't an automatic best 22 selection this year
But he'll have passed the magic 50 games mark where he suddenly blossoms into a player worthy of pick 16.

That magical 50 game mark that is so often mentioned by club figures, it will propel us to dizzying heights in no time as no other club has numbers of players about to break through that barrier.

But he'll have passed the magic 50 games mark where he suddenly blossoms into a player worthy of pick 16.

That magical 50 game mark that is so often mentioned by club figures, it will propel us to dizzying heights in no time as no other club has numbers of players about to break through that barrier.
Ned will be passed by the new brigade that show more after 10 games than him.

Last edited:
The funny thing is these whingers as you call them are actually balanced, it’s just there’s been a hell of a lot to be negative about since 2017. I’m sure we wouldn’t be whinging if the club had won a flag recently, it’s been 25 years right? Having a Mary Poppins view about the club isn’t contributing much
Balanced? You mean a chip on both shoulders;):D?

Hate to be negative but you know that won't happen he's destined to play over 100 "solid" games for the AFC.

~60-90. Really, there is no difference between McHenry and others who have ended up not fully locking down the graveyard role that is a defensive forward (i.e. Petrenko, Reilly, Knight and we're in the last hurrah for Murphy).

The only way McHenry gets to 100+ games is if he manages to get his offensive game up to an above average level, without sacrificing that defensive game. Otherwise, usually with players in this role is something ends up changing in that time, i.e. they get replaced by someone younger or someone more important gets thrown out of their own role and is forced to settle on the half forward flank as a role player.

Personally, I don't think it'd be too surprising to see Ben Keays in that role by the mid-to-late point next year, once we've confirmed Sam Berry and Jake Solgio (who ended up picking up the slack in both the Carlton and Port game) aren't having a growing pains year. We've already shown we have the idea in mind with our game against Carlton and his CBAs decreased as the year went on (i.e. didn't have one game above 80% CBAs after round 15).

Last edited:
Hate to be negative but you know that won't happen he's destined to play over 100 "solid" games for the AFC.
I disagree. We are in the position where any coach whether that's Nick's or someone else must play our best team. If he isn't in our best 22 that will be obvious early season. Games played doesn't matter when we are so young. Rachele, Rankine Pedlar will take Neds spot. Not to mention Nankervis, Taylor who are also better options moving forward.

Ned's downfall is that he has no offensive game and can't play mid. We have players that can score and get the ball in the midfield. One trick ponies can't be played if we are too improve. The same goes for Murphy, Hately, Crouch btw.

Last edited:
You want negative?
How about the AFL? I don't understand how the negative people on this board manage to be so negative about the club but make constant excuses for the competition.

"The club was useless in 2017"
How about "Why do we have a comp where homegrounds have a signficant advantage yet the grand final is played at the homeground of a particular set of clubs?"
What about dodgy playing favourites tribunal decisions?
What about umpiring discrepancies that always get a free pass?
What about fixturing anomalies?
What about draft and trade anomalies?
What about different penalities for similar indiscretions?
What about making rules around expansion clubs to limit the damage by saying a club can't loose two players to an expansion club, but then having a second expansion club come in and not making any rule around clubs not losing two players by one going to each club?
What about short range rule changing, on NGA's for example? You put four years in to an NGA, then with one year's notice you get told the rule change, invalidating a couple of years worth of work??

Why is there not as much of this as there is about our club?

We support(albeit negatively) the Crows.
Who here have you ever seen support the AFL?

And see, this thread has a special little spot for all of us and our gripes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back