Neroli Meadows

Fox were her primary employer. They could have just said no to her if they were going to have an issue with it.
If she fulfilled her contractual obligation to Fox and there wasn't an explicit block of her working in her spare time for another employer then I can see how Fox might have been upset but unable to do anything about it, until the time came to sign her up again.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
De Stoop has one of the most undeservedly arrogant vibes I've ever seen.

Out of all the people mentioned who should have been culled before Meadows, his role is the closest match (ie. doing a bit of hosting, general reporting, interviews etc) and it's pretty clear who is the more talented of the two.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I don't mind Neroli, but the thing is there were others who should have been given the boot before her.
How clowns like Dwayne Russell still get prominent gigs yet they let people like Neroli go, surprises me.

*To be fair, Dwayne and Neroli aren't competing in the same roles, but he is just an example, there are quite a few less competent/likable characters that still have jobs.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Are you saying people change when they are in front of a lens (camera)?

There are many media personalities or public types that act one way when the camera is on only to be different away from the camera. People on camera are often reading a script. Many people are different at work than away from it.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neroli was apparently well-liked and regarded by production staff at Fox Sports. I don't believe her leaving is because of any workplace issues.

Her failure to renegotiate her contract at a time when the company is cutting costs is the most likely reason she left. It's a timely reminder that very few presenters are irreplaceable and that employers hold the whip hand.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 4.30.32 pm.png

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
are footy shows/analysis really necessary? what can these so called 'experts' derive from a bunch of players kicking around a ball of leather that the average punter can't? or is it to dumb down the masses further with tidbits such as 'brodie grundy wears glasses and studies health science', and 'rory sloane enjoys surfing'?

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
As a personal opinion of course. Nothing against Daisy except her annoying voice and the fact she's not as good as the available Neroli

There can be no comparison in reality when you consider NM's media qualifications, journalistic experience, presentation skills and on-screen persona.

While she may not be everyone's cup of tea, she is miles ahead of any current or former AFLW player and in some aspects most former AFL players in similar roles...

My only criticism of NM is she often over-plays the emotional narratives by either laughing at nothing to appease the comedy angle of a show or crying when interviewing essentially strangers about their tough life experiences...

Last edited:
There can be no comparison in reality when you consider NM's media qualifications, journalistic experience, presentation skills and on-screen persona.

While she may not be everyone's cup of tea, she is miles ahead of any current or former AFLW player and in some aspects most former AFL players in similar roles...

My only criticism of NM is she often over-plays the emotional narratives by either laughing at nothing to appease the comedy angle of a show or crying when interviewing essentially strangers about their tough life experiences...
From what I've seen, I can't argue with one word of that. Daisy Pearce will be shaking in her boots.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A source has told the dailymail that she wasn't well liked and people were sick of her antics. I'd take that with a pinch of salt and wait to see if a more reputable outlet reveals anything similar.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If she fulfilled her contractual obligation to Fox and there wasn't an explicit block of her working in her spare time for another employer then I can see how Fox might have been upset but unable to do anything about it, until the time came to sign her up again.

Who is her manager?

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Incels are blackpilled and generally misogynistic. It's the bluepilled, left leaning manchildren who shower women with compliments and praise in the hope of getting laid who are present in this thread
Or, and bear with me here.....maybe they just rate her work onscreen and she just happens to be a woman.

AF57-ACDB-A317-4-B7-A-BF81-242-EFF447-B93.gif

Back