Retired Neville Jetta [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely disagree with people calling him done, still a damn good defender and I hope he doesn't get traded.

He was never fast, but was agile and made the right decisions at the right time, didn’t bite off more than he could chew.

Now he’s slower, not as agile, and there were enough panic decisions from him in 2020 for me to say it’s over.

I don’t want it to be the case, but that’s what I see.

If Collingwood are guaranteeing a coaching role post playing retirement he should go for it.

Odd by Collingwood. I don't see who he replaces.

Does he have to be best 22, or experienced, capable depth, a la Travis Varcoe this year?

Granted, if he's going to be the latter, why move clubs?

Not really sure the Pies need him that much either way. Unless they envision a different role or are very confident in his body going forward, I'm not sure that ageing, injury-prone small negating defenders are particularly high on the priority list.

As I said before I'd really prefer to keep him, one of my favourite players and he does a heap of community work for the club. Collingwood offering him more than one year would be bizarre though, since his career best form in 2018 he has declined dramatically.

I thought 2018 was a small decline on his 2016-2017 seasons, but a combination of Melbourne being a better side, and people "catching up" with rating him, saw him get more credit for his 2018 campaign.

Why does Noble need replacing? Is a 31-year-old Jetta really an upgrade?
Noble lacks strength gets caught too easy and fumbles in congestion. Plays on the weakest small forward and offers average rebound in return.

Not sure on the second question yet.

Noble lacks strength gets caught too easy and fumbles in congestion. Plays on the weakest small forward and offers average rebound in return.

Not sure on the second question yet.

Which clubs have multiple good small forwards? Most clubs don't even have one that's worth a sh*t, or worth counter-recruiting for.

I feel like Noble is a replaceable type, but he's not necessarily a liability or a constant negative.

Which clubs have multiple good small forwards? Most clubs don't even have one that's worth a sh*t, or worth counter-recruiting for.

That’s not the point though, any club with a decent small forward forces Maynard to match up on him. A defensive small forward would free him up to give us more run which would overall improve the team.

I feel like Noble is a replaceable type, but he's not necessarily a liability or a constant negative.

I’d argue he was a liability against Geelong but otherwise I agree.

I’d say recruiting Jetta would be a for leadership and cultural reasons. Not necessarily into the leadership group but he’s
Really linked in with his culture and does a lot in the community.
As far as playing goes I’d be surprised on last two years form if he got a game at Collingwood.

Don't know why I can't find another thread for him.

But I love this man, immensely. What an incredible impact he has had on the group, and watching he and Goody embrace I lost it. When Koz tried to give him his medal. Wow. Unbelievable. I'm sure the club will do something for the likes of him, Jonesy & Melky, who just didn't quite hang on.

Didn’t watch him close enough this year but surprised they picked hibberd over him most times

like Jones deserved a flag but retires without one
Both had slowed down but Nev more than Hibbo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back